PDA

View Full Version : Hillary Clinton Loves Ron Paul

michaelwise
12-16-2007, 01:09 AM
http://hosting03.imagecross.com/myspace-image-hosting-s/4011Hillary-Clinton-1.jpg
I was looking for my own name and saw this.

MikeStanart
12-16-2007, 01:10 AM
lol? Wtf?

aspiringconstitutionalist
12-16-2007, 01:11 AM
Is that for real or did you Photoshop that?

Because if it's for real, then it's either really funny that there's someone in New York City who supports Ron Paul and is actually named "Hillary Clinton," or it's really unfortunate because that donation is probably going to get returned because of false info. :p

SonicInfinity
Either that's a Photoshop/MSPaint or an insane coincidence.

michaelwise
lol? Wtf?
This is a screen shot. No Kidding!

Hook
No, it's real. I saw it a few minutes ago.

Thor
12-16-2007, 01:12 AM
Someone else did a screen grab of the same thing... so not photochopped...

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=55380

SonicInfinity
This is a screen shot. No Kidding!

Well, now we have to find out if there are any other Hillary Clintons living in New York, NY.

If not, then you need to report that image to the media IMMEDIATELY and get further confirmation. If this is the REAL Hillary Clinton donating to him, this is MASSIVE.

Devil_rules_in_extremes
Classic.... Rudy will donate eventually.

ProfNo
someone else caught the same screen shot..it is real. Of course, it is not really the hillary

Matthew Zak
maybe she foolishly believes she'd have the best chance of defeating him if he were nominated

smartguy911
12-16-2007, 01:13 AM
LMAO. This is def "shot of the day" for anderson cooper on cnn.

Paulite5112007
12-16-2007, 01:13 AM
I will assume it is not photoshopped...

Is it that easy to get them to accept a CC with false name? I had accidentally put in the wrong exp. date and it rejected my donation until I fixed it.

12-16-2007, 01:14 AM
Well, now we have to find out if there are any other Hillary Clintons living in New York, NY.

If not, then you need to report that image to the media IMMEDIATELY and get further confirmation. If this is the REAL Hillary Clinton donating to him, this is MASSIVE.

NO! Don't report it to the media! It's probably not the real Hillary Clinton and my guess is they'll use it as an example of how people were donating under false names to get around the $2300 rule or something. You know how the MSM works.

rollingpig
12-16-2007, 01:14 AM
could be a dirty trick!
she's trying to stop Ron from being nominated. she wants the republicans to nominate hackabee.

adpierce
12-16-2007, 01:15 AM
Can a person fake this? I mean donate online under a false name... I know it's probably not legal, but I really doubt that the real Hillary Clinton donated to Ron Paul. It could be another person with the same name but how many people have the name Hillary Clinton and live in New York City???

12-16-2007, 01:16 AM
http://www.whitepages.com/search/FindPerson?extra_listing=mixed&form_mode=opt_b&post_back=1&firstname_begins_with=1&firstname=hillary&name=clinton&street=&city_zip=new+york&state_id=NY&localtime=survey

There are no Hillary Clintons in NYC, NY.

Besides, the real Hillary lives in Chappaqua (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hillary_Rodham_Clinton).

defcreative
12-16-2007, 01:17 AM
Awww, isn't that nice! She wants liberty too!

SophisticatedFarmGirl
Can a person fake this? I mean donate online under a false name... I know it's probably not legal, but I really doubt that the real Hillary Clinton donated to Ron Paul. It could be another person with the same name but how many people have the name Hillary Clinton and live in New York City???

A lot of folks have tilted a few back... :D

Tina
I think there may be more than one Hilliary Clinton in NY.

Thor
12-16-2007, 01:18 AM

Depending on what level of CC authentication they have, then no, the name should match the name on the card. Unless they have their CC verification rules set really low (which means higher discount rates they would pay)

Troyhand
12-16-2007, 01:19 AM
Doesn't Bill have a residence in New York? Maybe he used her credit card. LOL

Second_Tier_My_Ass
12-16-2007, 01:19 AM
guys, this is ridiculous. you can enter whatever name you want on the first part of the donation page. as long as you put your actual name (rather, the name on your credit card) where it requires you to do so, you're fine. the first part which asks for your name and address and such are mostly so that the ron paul campaign can send you information and "thank you" cards, as well as allow them to post your name in the widget.

my younger brother (19 years old) decided it would be funny to have the salutation of "Dr." in front of his name, even though he is far from being a doctor.

as long as you enter the correct credit card info, it's fine.

however, if you donate more than $200 to a campaign in this election cycle, the campaign is required to give your name and address and employer to the FEC. for what purpose, i have no idea. if your name doesn't match the name you gave for the card holder, i don't know if this hurts anything. my birth name, as well as the first name on my c.c. is "gregory," but i have always put "greg" on the first part, and so far, nothing bad has happened.

Delain
12-16-2007, 01:20 AM
guys, this is ridiculous. you can enter whatever name you want on the first part of the donation page. as long as you put your actual name (rather, the name on your credit card) where it requires you to do so, you're fine. the first part which asks for your name and address and such are mostly so that the ron paul campaign can send you information and "thank you" cards, as well as allow them to post your name in the widget.

my younger brother (19 years old) decided it would be funny to have the salutation of "Dr." in front of his name, even though he is far from being a doctor.

as long as you enter the correct credit card info, it's fine.

Winner! :D

gerryb
12-16-2007, 01:21 AM

This would be used against RP by the GOP....

voytechs
12-16-2007, 01:22 AM
Not real. I capture the live data and checked the records. No hillary.

Goldwater Conservative
12-16-2007, 01:23 AM
That was actually Sean Hannity. ;)

Anthony T
12-16-2007, 01:24 AM
Doesn't Bill have a residence in New York? Maybe he used her credit card. LOL
haha maybe :D:p

Delain
12-16-2007, 01:26 AM
The name that shows up on the widget means nothing. Like Second_Tier_My_Ass said, people can write whatever the want on there.

Actually surprised we didnt see any Giulianis and Stephanopouloses etc. donating ;)

Paul.Bearer.of.Injustice
12-16-2007, 01:28 AM
more than one person seemed to copy that image at the precise time.
I smell agent provocateurs.

michaelwise
12-16-2007, 01:28 AM
Like Ron said, It doesn't matter where the donations come from. He'll take the money and do good with it.

michaelwise
12-16-2007, 01:38 AM
Hillary Got Blimped!

TheIndependent
12-16-2007, 01:46 AM
Delete thread, please. This can backfire bigtime.

hugh8jass
12-16-2007, 01:49 AM
and now I see Rudy just joined in.
at best, this was "cute" the first time...but it creates more work for the campaign.
if you don't stop, you will force someone to stop you...and that's just big government thinking.

adpierce
12-16-2007, 01:52 AM
I don't think we need to delete the thread. I think it's probably safe to assume the real Hillary wouldn't donate to Ron Paul. That leaves two options somebody said screw you FEC and donated under a fake name... and that would be stupid and could backfire... not the thread itself. Secondly, there's always the possibility however remote that another Hillary Clinton in New York City likes Ron Paul and is willing to donate to Ron Paul (always a good thing).

michaelwise
12-16-2007, 01:56 AM
Delete thread, please. This can backfire bigtime.Compared to Hillay's fund raising fraud, this is comical.