PDA

View Full Version : Operation Spooner- Iowa Outreach

StagirasGhost
07-04-2007, 10:37 AM
Please pay this forward...we need as many people as we can get.

Current Results of mini-outreach (phone banking and [hand]letter-writing) to Iowa:

Of the 2407 former Republican Delegates called in Iowa, only 6% had heard of Ron Paul prior to our outreach efforts; of those called, after the phone call 37% answered that they would vote for Ron Paul when asked " who would vote for tomorrow?" and/or that they needed to confirm the facts, voting record and philosophy espoused during the conversation.

The three largest issues for Republican voters based on our small poll of 2407 republicans across the state, follow:

1) Pro-Life
2) Immigration
3) The War in Iraq (many concede they are pro-war when speaking, but do not know that the US went into Iraq under the auspices of UN resolutions, not a constitutional declaration of War. They also rarely associate national [in]security with open borders--most if not all of our phone bankers encountered this and had much success in winning-over RP converts based on this dialectic.)

Since that time, I've obtained a list of 1.7 million Iowan voters (mostly republicans and independents.) Our tech team in Austin has scrubbed the data and loaded it into a database (Advokit,) and we're set to begin the larger outreach effort to reach as many republican and independent voters before the straw poll and certainly before the caucus.

If you're interested, please email ccy@earthlink.net. Your email address will then be loaded into the database and you'll be sent a series of short instructions, a phone script, and you'll be able to access the Iowan contacts.

Include the following information when emailing ccy@earthlink.net:

Name
Email
Meetup Number and/or City, State (we need this info so we can assign you with other Ron Paul supporters in your area/group only to assign larger groups to larger zip codes in Iowa.)
Are you a meetup leader? Would you be interested in leading your group/team for the current Outreach effort.

Thanks in advance and know that this can and will turn the tide for Ron Paul in Iowa. I've called over 500 people and shortly after ten calls, you get into a groove and it absolutely invigorates you.

Towards Liberty [in the White House],
Jason Stoddard
stoddard.jason@gmail.com
Austin MeetUp, Communications and Media Team Lead

cowbot
07-07-2007, 10:52 PM
Only 6%! Based on 37% positive feedback, that means the Gallup/Zogby poll is about right - 1/3 of those 6% are RP supporters.

THIS ONLY EMPHASIZES HOW IMPORTANT THIS OPERATION IS!!!

We have about 30 days to contact the people in Iowa! Spread this link to the meetups and lets work out some coordination!

"Operation Spooner" is a great name btw. Sounds all secret agent-y :)

Also get an irc client like MIRC for windows or Xchat for linux and join up to channel ##ronpaul on irc.freenode.net (or #ronpaul on undernet, or efnet) to hook up in live chat.

Hamburglar
07-07-2007, 11:40 PM
"Operation Spooner" is a great name btw. Sounds all secret agent-y :)

Sounds sexual to me.

winston84
07-08-2007, 03:40 AM
Sounds sexual to me.

LoL!

cowbot
07-08-2007, 07:38 AM
Underwhelming response guys.

:(

I'll try to see if i can get free international voip going here.

What sort of push poll type questions would be good lead-ins? Lets try to think of ones that address the above stated

"Hi i'm calling to survey Iowa Republicans opinions on the issues, would you like to share your opinions?"

- Do you think taxes are too high?

- Do you think the federal deficit is too high?

- Do you think that IRS taxation and prosecution is fair and legal?

- Does inflation and reduction of the value of the dollar by the Federal Reserve hurt you financially?

- Do you consider yourself strictly Pro-Life, Pro-Choice or somewhere in-between/

- When do you think an unborn child gains the rights of an individual human being?

- Do you thinkRoe vs Wade was a bad decision?

- Do you think you and your community would have more of a say in abortion laws if the issue were left up to the state legislature?

- Do you think the UN should decide when to send US troops to war?

- Do you thinkthe President was truthful in presenting Iraq as an imminent threat to the USA?

- Do you think it's time to bring the troops home from Iraq?

- What would you say best describes the proper role the United States in foreign policy "Police the world" or "Mind our own business"?

- Do you think it requires a constitutional amendment to prohibit Alcohol at the federal level?

- Do you think the federal government could legally outlaw tobacco without a constitutional amendment?

- Do you think that the Drug War is causing more harm than good?

- Did you know that Ron Paul is running for the Republican presidential nomination?

Post ideas here! Remember, most people aren't used to thinking about laws in terms of Constitutional authority. As a push poll, questions about the legality of most federal activity will probably result in brainwashed responses.

Pizza God
07-08-2007, 07:19 PM
hey, please remember to STAY AWAY from issues. Some issues get you hung up on right off the bat.

Watch the video "ladyjade3" has on youtube about this.

I for one have already sent in my info and have offered to head up a Dallas group for making these calls. (though the Dallas/Plano/Mid-cities Meetups)

StagirasGhost
07-08-2007, 08:25 PM
Post this whereever you think it might attract the best audience only to begin making calls only to generate voters in Iowa for Ron Paul

Those that have already signed up should have received a message a couple of minutes ago detailing your log-in and basic instructions.

You'll find a script and certain questions you might want to ask. You also might want to take a look at Rachel Mills' video on this listed below.

The interface is very user friendly and we debugged it all to death, so there should be no problems.

If you encounter problems write me at stoddard.jason@gmail.com; I may redirect Vernon Robinson or Chuck Young to reply as they are advanced in the infrastructure.

If you encounter philosophical issues with callers or would like to talk about your experience calling and how best to deliver the Ron Paul freedom philosophy or candidate message, call me 512.925.0921. (Jason Stoddard)

The Metric:

We need 2,500 callers calling until August 10th. If each caller "enlists" no less than 4 voters each, each committed to voting for Ron Paul in Ames, that is 10,000 votes for Ron Paul and certain victory at the Ames Iowa Straw Poll.

Over 600 media outlets attend and cover the event.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xl6SVrqhdDM

Send an email to Outreach4RonPaul@yahoo.com or ccy@earthlink.net

Writing the latter address will bump you up a step.

Include:

your name
email address
city, state/meetup group #

Let us know if you're a MeetUp group team leader so we can organize it to correspond with your log-in. Otherwise, we will select a team lead for every part of the country/meetupgroup represented, respectively.

Please pay this forward. We have 34 days to win The Straw Poll for Ron Paul.

God Speed and God Bless Ron Paul.

Thanks to Brad, Rachel, and especially Chuck on this. We could not have done this without you all. Two weeks in the making, and 34 days until victorious results...

CurtisLow
07-10-2007, 08:41 PM
This is a private video. If you have been sent this video, please make sure you accept the sender's friend request.

StagirasGhost
Over 600 media outlets attend and cover the event.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xl6SVrqhdDM

Bad link.