PDA

View Full Version : The Ministry of Truth

constituent
07-04-2007, 10:10 AM
So everyone is angry with the mainstream media and thinks that something, nearly anthing, must be done... boycott, letter writing, spamming, etc.

Here is something sublime that I promise will work even better than any conventional methods of agitation. We use their tactics against them.

In conversation and on discussion boards, rather than advocating direct action against all or part of the media, begin referring to them as the Ministry of Truth rather than the MSM or any other number of names floating around. Everyone is familiar with the double-meaning contained within "Ministry of Truth" and thus we all have a programmed response upon hearing it. So rather than containing your angst in posts and e-mails about specific problems that are in essence preaching to the choir; in conversation at work, school, whatever, just refer to all media as "The Ministry of Truth" always.

Do not embellish these bogus front companies with self-assigned ornamental names like "herald," "times tribune," "american statesman," like we have been programmed, and accordingly, do.

Instead of "Houston Chronicle says..." or "...from the Plain Dealer," just say, "This just in from The Ministry of Truth..." or "...according to the Ministry of Truth."

just an idea, perhaps there are better ones out there, how do you feel about it and what are your ideas?

Dan Klaus
07-04-2007, 10:38 AM
Orwellian to the core and oh so true...LizF - you in?

Brandybuck
07-04-2007, 11:22 AM
So everyone is angry with the mainstream media and thinks that something, nearly anthing, must be done... boycott, letter writing, spamming, etc.
The people on this forum have demonstrated they would rather bitch about their pet peeves than to actually help Ron Paul get elected. This forum is rapidly becoming an irrelevant echo chamber.

constituent
07-04-2007, 11:24 AM
ooohhh k. bad day? Go do something then.

As a matter of fact, going back and reading through some of your posts, I would say that perhaps you are the one interested in bitching... I mean my God 391 posts! Get a life! Get a job! Oh wait, spreading your negativity and turning people off to real discussions, and accordingly their level of activism, probably is your job (see mother jones mag's article on Kos, et. al).

Sir VotesALot
07-04-2007, 04:40 PM
Why do all of my angry letters to the Ministry of Truth get forwarded back to me with "Return to Sender" on them?

There seems to be no end to their unwavering disregard for the American people! :mad:

Wyurm
07-04-2007, 05:04 PM
The people on this forum have demonstrated they would rather bitch about their pet peeves than to actually help Ron Paul get elected. This forum is rapidly becoming an irrelevant echo chamber.

I mean no offence, but this is something the Ministry of Truth might say.

SeekLiberty
07-06-2007, 12:18 AM

Here is something sublime that I promise will work even better than any conventional methods of agitation. We use their tactics against them.

In conversation and on discussion boards, rather than advocating direct action against all or part of the media, begin referring to them as the Ministry of Truth rather than the MSM or any other number of names floating around. Everyone is familiar with the double-meaning contained within "Ministry of Truth" and thus we all have a programmed response upon hearing it. So rather than containing your angst in posts and e-mails about specific problems that are in essence preaching to the choir; in conversation at work, school, whatever, just refer to all media as "The Ministry of Truth" always.

Do not embellish these bogus front companies with self-assigned ornamental names like "herald," "times tribune," "american statesman," like we have been programmed, and accordingly, do.

Instead of "Houston Chronicle says..." or "...from the Plain Dealer," just say, "This just in from The Ministry of Truth..." or "...according to the Ministry of Truth."

just an idea, perhaps there are better ones out there, how do you feel about it and what are your ideas?

What an excellent idea! From now on, that's what I'll use. Thank you!

Don't mind Brandybuck. She's just kinda cranky. Or maybe upset that you'd make such a great suggestion. I'm not sure which. Both? :eek:

- SL

FSP-Rebel
07-06-2007, 07:20 PM
I'm in

Keepeur
07-07-2007, 05:41 AM
I like it! Winston Smith would be proud!

BuddyRey
07-20-2007, 02:01 AM
Bumped, 'cause this is the best idea ever.

kimosabi
07-20-2007, 05:17 AM
We should spread this to the alternative media outlets as well like prisonplanet, rense, etc...

Send e-mails to your favourite alternative news source with the suggestion.

They could do things like, Ministry of Truth outlet Fox News reported today...

:D :D :D