PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul getting his own private jets

DjLoTi
07-04-2007, 09:26 AM
http://www.imperialjets.com/What-Ron-Paul-is-Missing.html

wow. lol. I hope they're not too busy at HQ to miss this offer!

ecliptic
07-04-2007, 09:34 AM
Please read this book:

American Assassination (http://www.amazon.com/American-Assassination-Strange-Senator-Wellstone/dp/0975276301/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/102-0014975-6294540?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1183563011&sr=8-1)

Book Description
Senator Paul Wellstone was, "the first 1960s radical elected to the U.S. Senate." In Senate Race 2002, the White House made defeating Wellstone priority #1. Karl Rove hand-picked arch Republican Norm Coleman to run against him. Despite massive funding, Coleman was trailing the popular Wellstone two weeks before election day.
Then, tragedy struck. On the morning of October 25th, 2002, Wellstone was killed after a mysterious communication cut-out and crash of his small aircraft. He died alongside his wife Sheila, their daughter Marcia, three staff members, and two pilots, while trying to land at Minnesota’s Eveleth airfield. CNN’s Wolf Blitzer insisted to his reporter at the scene that foul weather was the lethal factor in the crash, despite the statements to the contrary from the CNN correspondent. To this day, the public tends to blame the weather.

Ph.D. Professors James Fetzer and Don "Four Arrows" Jacobs present the harrowing truth. The plane was exceptionally airworthy. The weather didn’t bring down Senator Wellstone. Nor were the two pilots incompetent, as the report of the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) would eventually claim.

The facts point elsewhere. The FBI arrived at the remote rural crash scene less than two hours after the crash. Could they have known about it in advance? The FBI forbade the ambulance and fire teams to take photos. Even the AP photographer on hand was intimidated, delayed and then highly monitored. For some reason, a member of the U.S. Capitol Police Dignitary Protection Division was also present.

Why did the FBI state that they were treating the site as a "crime scene" although there were "no indications of any criminal activity"? How could the FBI so very swiftly conclude and state publicly, before NTSB arrived, that there was "no evidence of terrorism" involved? Why did the NTSB search for a "black box" for a day and a half and then conclude that there hadn't been one, after all?

AMERICAN ASSASSINATION confirms the worst fears of a nation. Senator Paul Wellstone was murdered.

Both authors are decorated university professors. A Native American, Four Arrows (a.k.a. Dr. Don Jacobs) teaches educational leadership and is a staunch critic of US foreign policy. Dr. Jim Fetzer is a published expert on U.S. political assassinations and the logic of science.

Although no one can prove exactly what happened in the events leading to Wellstone’s death, these two Ph.D.s point out the official story’s inconsistencies and deliberate omissions. With a methodical argument, they present evidence of an official cover-up, a compelling motive for Wellstone’s assassination and advance a more likely explanation for how Senator Wellstone's plane was taken down. Their findings include new evidence and alternative hypotheses that were never considered by the NTSB:

• There was never any distress call from the pilots. Communication was somehow cut off shortly before the crash.

• NTSB’s Carol Carmody handled the Wellstone case. A former CIA official, Carmody is a damage-control expert who handled the NTSB’s investigation of the suspicious aircraft crash of Democratic Senatorial candidate Mel Carnahan, exactly two years earlier.

• NTSB is legally mandated to take jurisdiction over a crash scene, yet it allowed the FBI to control the scene--and then neglected to cite the FBI’s involvement in presence in the NTSB's final report.

• Some witnesses heard the engines cutting out, a phenomenon not consistent with a stall.

• Others reported odd cell-phone and garage-door phenomena that were taking place about the same time the plane lost both communications and control.

• The NTSB's own simulations, which replicated properties like those of King Air A-100s under similar conditions, were unable to bring the plane down—even when conducted under abnormally slow speeds!

• One of the members who actually signed the report, Richard Healing, admitted that they really had no idea what had caused the plane to crash.

Since becoming active in this issue, local residents have contacted Professor Fetzer and related strange electronic interference in the area at the time of the crash. One experienced an odd cell-phone phenomenon with a form of static he had never heard before. Its auditory pattern appears to be similar to that of "electro-magnetic pulse" (EMP) weapons recently developed by the Pentagon to jam the computer-assisted controls of enemy aircraft.

Reports of garage doors that mysteriously opened in the immediate vicinity are surfacing. And radar images from the time of the plane crashes of Senator Carnahan and of Senator Wellstone are suggestive of EMP imprints. These weapons not only jam a plane's electronics but also disable its radio communications.

In the wake of the crash, 69% of Minnesoteans blamed a "GOP Conspiracy" for Wellstone’s death. This book makes the case that, in this case, at least, the people had it right.

In appendices to AMERICAN ASSASSINATION, Paul Wellstone’s courageous stands against the rich and powerful continue to inspire us. It presents highlights from Wellstone’s platform and includes his important speech, "On Iraq."

His opposition to the Bush administration helps the reader to understand why the Senator was a likely target for assassination. When the reader meets Wellstone in his own words, his vision is kept alive and lives on in each of us.

From the Publisher
A meticulous, objective, and scientific analysis of the available relevant evidence that established beyond a reasonable doubt that this was no accident and explains why the death of Senator Paul Wellstone appears to have resulted from a political conspiracy.

"I'm for the little fellers, not the Rockefellers"

- Senator Paul Wellstone (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Wellstone) 1944 - 2002

fluoridatedbrainsoup
07-04-2007, 09:35 AM
This made my day. Here's hopin' Ron accepts, and at the same time,

-Remember Paul Wellstone

DjLoTi
07-04-2007, 09:42 AM
Ron Paul is one of the few presidential candidates that does not fly by private jet because the campaign can't afford it yet, according to his campaign chairman, Kent Snyder. Congressman Paul's FEC April Quarterly Report reads that Ron Paul has raised about $640,000 so far. Once they have raised enough to get Paul's message across at lightning speed on a private jet, Snyder replied, "I hope we have that option." How about we help make that option a reality?

The Associated Press reported that Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton disclosed $450,000 in private jet charter costs. Barack Obama, John McCain, Rudy Giuliani, Mitt Romney, and John Edwards have reported paying almost $910,000 in private jet charters. Ron Paul being uncensored on www.ImperialJets.com regardless of whether he uses our services: PRICELESS.

Aside from voting against regulating the internet - Like They Really Have the Power to do that Anyway - Ron Paul opposes FAA user fee increases on general aviation that propose to increase the cost of private jet travel. Congressman Paul's Chief of Staff stated, "He always votes and speaks out against taking money out of trust funds when they are supposed to go for one purpose and using them for general government or purposes other than that for which they are collected."

FAA Administrator, Marion C. Blakey, stated that commercial airline travel accounts for "about 73 percent of the cost of the air traffic system." As I wrote on my prior syndication pertinent to this issue, the FAA admits that "Most general aviation flights - private jet charter flights - arrive and depart at fixed based operators with low air traffic activity that don't require or use FAA or FAA contracted air traffic control services."

Then why exclusively charge general aviation an additional 56.4 cent common fuel tax rate due to projected industry growth in the commercial airline sector too?

The FAA states: "Unlike a discrete user fee, which can easily be set at different levels based on the type of facility used, it would be administratively burdensome to charge different fuel tax rates based on the facilities used." So charge us just because you don't want to put another clerk on the payroll? What happened to job creation?

The FAA further refutes opposition to their proposal citing that a 5% increase in operation costs of private jet flights will not ruin general aviation. On a FAA fact sheet structured to explain their proposal the FAA states that a general aviation flight from Teterboro, New Jersey to Tampa, Florida will cost an additional $600 commensurate to an estimated $13,000 in flight operation.

Mike Dever, who sponsors a social-network movement to oppose general aviation user fees on www.youchoose.net, states that the FAA just wants to have small increases approved so they can charge general aviation more in the future. Dever argued that instead of being charged $20 for using airspace surrounding commercial airports, the FAA will have more leverage to increase that fee to $200 in the future. Dever concluded, "I just see it as a terrible precedent that gets set."

Lets help his campaign take flight - by private jet charter of course - gathering support for Congressman Ron Paul in 2008. Once a few million get an email coming from us, he'll get the news coverage that'll raise the funds to level out the playing field.

----------------------

I am Neal Rodriguez, with Imperial Jets, out of New York City. We have some private aircraft at our disposal, and I wanted to know if Congressman Ron Paul would be interested in being flown by private jet on our dime. We can arrange private jet travel to a destination on the campaign trail if he finds it appropriate.

We are most supportive of Ron Paul’s stand on limited government; particularly his opposition to FAA User Fees which surprisingly gathered considerable positive feedback and has helped spread the word on Ron Paul’s bid for the presidency

-------

Commercial airline travel accounts for 73%.. this guy runs a private jet company... he pays more for fuel then the commercial airlines... he supports ron paul for ending the legislation. makes sense to me.

EvoPro
07-04-2007, 09:43 AM
WARNING: DO NOT ACCEPT THE PRIVATE JET.

We need to keep our man alive people!

I was worried about this the second I saw it. Then I read Ecliptic's post and was relieved someone else was thinking the same thing.

LibertyEagle
07-04-2007, 09:44 AM
Chartering private jets, is one of the things that broke McCain's campaign. It doesn't seem like a smart way to spend the small amount of money RP's campaign has.

DjLoTi
07-04-2007, 09:46 AM
Chartering private jets, is one of the things that broke McCain's campaign. It doesn't seem like a smart way to spend the small amount of money RP's campaign has.

They said they'd pay for (most of) it.

Man from La Mancha
07-04-2007, 09:49 AM
My thoughts as before easier to cover up private than commercial. But both can be done though. JFK Jr. a thought. Commercial makes Ron look part of the people. Could make it all first class.
But none the less a noble offer.

DjLoTi
07-04-2007, 09:49 AM
Dude this guy works with Donald Trump.

Buzz
07-04-2007, 09:50 AM
Too good to be true. Don't accept. Ron Paul is going up against some big beasts who'd love to see him wiped off the face of the earth in some "accident" if it means they get to keep their dirty money and power. Sometimes a little paranoia is necessary.

DjLoTi
07-04-2007, 09:56 AM
I can't believe you guys are so scared. Maybe we should have had 4 metal detectors and 10 police at Ron's rally in Iowa, like the original forum had. I think we all know there was 1 and 1.

I don't see why people don't understand that a Ron Paul presidency greatly helps this man and his business as well, just like all of us. What if it was me with a private jet company? Would you be saying it's a death trap still?

I dunno.. w/e... for anyone not so scared on the idea, it's a cool idea. :)

Man from La Mancha
07-04-2007, 10:03 AM
Makes him appear as more of an elite than one of us.

EvoPro
07-04-2007, 10:06 AM
It's not the jet company I'm worried about. It's the fact it's easier to cover up a private plane "accident" than a commercial. It's not being scared, it's being careful, just think about how many accidents there are on private jets compared to commercial.

specsaregood
07-04-2007, 10:08 AM
What if it was me with a private jet company? Would you be saying it's a death trap still?

I dunno.. w/e... for anyone not so scared on the idea, it's a cool idea. :)

I don't think the posters here are scared because of the OWNER. They are just pointing out that theoretically it would be easier to cause an accident/cover-up of a private jet vs. a commercial jet with hundreds of passengers/victims.

I like the offer and it shows that "small" businesses would have a LOT to gain from a Ron Paul presidency. Moreso than the huge corporations that can just buy off support at the federal level and not have to deal with buying-out state legislatures.

If Ron Paul accepted the offer, I would hope his campaign would put out a press release announcing it and explaining how it was not an example of him selling out. It would be a hell of a press release though..... I dont see any similar offers for other "2nd tier" candidates.

guntherg16
07-04-2007, 10:13 AM
I believe it is illegal for the owner of the aircraft to donate the use of it to a candidate. I think that the candidate must pay the aircraft owner the price of what the fare would be on a commercial craft. Obviously the owner would still be donating a considerable amount.

With that said, I too think it would be a bad idea for Ron Paul to accept. I am not a trusting person. I do not mean to disparage the owner of the aircraft or his offer. The owner of the aircraft will not be able to monitor it 24/7 to guarantee no one has tampered with it.

I just feel that Ron Paul is safer flying with hundreds of other people on a commercial flight.

LibertyEagle
07-04-2007, 10:19 AM
They said they'd pay for (most of) it.

Yes, I realize that, but I thought someone also mentioned that we should keep donating so that he could use private planes in the future. I agree that we should keep donating, but I don't agree that using private planes is a good move. They are way too expensive, with exception of this ONE flight, in which the owner is offering ONE TRIP for free.

Ava
07-04-2007, 10:20 AM
I think it's a great offer, and RP should accept it. Like others, I was suspicious. Nevertheless, we cannot let fear control us. Ron Paul would become a martyr, if anything happened.

Santana28
07-04-2007, 10:35 AM
Definitely NO to the private jet.

Riding in a commercial airline is not only cost-efficient, but gives him an opportunity to talk to whoever is on the plane at the time, and will keep him safer for the long term. If the govt wanted to off the doctor, they'd have to find a better way of doing it or take a whole plane of american citizens down with them.

NO NO NO to the private jet. Thanks for the offer, but NO.

fluoridatedbrainsoup
07-04-2007, 10:41 AM
I believe it is illegal for the owner of the aircraft to donate the use of it to a candidate. I think that the candidate must pay the aircraft owner the price of what the fare would be on a commercial craft. Obviously the owner would still be donating a considerable amount.

With that said, I too think it would be a bad idea for Ron Paul to accept. I am not a trusting person. I do not mean to disparage the owner of the aircraft or his offer. The owner of the aircraft will not be able to monitor it 24/7 to guarantee no one has tampered with it.

I just feel that Ron Paul is safer flying with hundreds of other people on a commercial flight.

Unfortunately, tampering isn't even necessary when you're talkin scalar waves

guntherg16
07-04-2007, 10:41 AM
I think it's a great offer, and RP should accept it. Like others, I was suspicious. Nevertheless, we cannot let fear control us. Ron Paul would become a martyr, if anything happened.

I am in no hurry to have Dr. Paul become a martyr.

I'd rather he err on the side of caution when the stakes are this high.

ecliptic
07-04-2007, 10:52 AM
Offers of free jet travel sound awesome, until you start to look at other "convenient crashes" in recent history:

CNN - politicians killed in plane crashes
(http://archives.cnn.com/2002/ALLPOLITICS/10/25/politicians.plane.crashes/index.html)

• 2002 Senator Paul Wellstone - private jet crashed mysteriously killing him, his wife and one of his children and four other people ( key opposition to Iraq war )
• 2000 Governor Mel Carnahan of Missouri was killed in a plane crash weeks before an election.
• 1996 TWA flight 800 (http://www.flight800.org/witness-review.htm) crash killing large number of French intelligence community
• 1996 Ron Brown plane crash (http://www.geocities.com/happy1215us/)
• 1993 Governor George Mickelson plane crash
• 1991 Pennsylvania Senator John Heinz and six other people were killed
• 1991 Senator John Tower plane crash
• 1989 Rep. Larkin Smith plane crash
• 1989 Rep. Mickey Leland plane crash

• 1983 Rep. Larry MacDonald (http://www.answers.com/topic/larry-mcdonald) killed (?) in the KAL007 crash

Larry McDonald was known for his conservative views, even by Southern standards, and became a leader in Congress of those taking positions to uphold the US Constitution as envisioned by the Framers.
... Much of the congressional district McDonald represented would later be represented by Newt Gingrich.

"We have four boxes with which to defend our freedom: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box."
- Larry MacDonald

We Hold These Truths by Larry P. MacDonald (http://www.amazon.com/We-Hold-These-Truths-Constitution/dp/0963280910/ref=sr_1_7/102-0014975-6294540?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1183567813&sr=8-7)

• 1978 Richard "Dick" Obenshain of Virginia died in a plane crash shortly after receiving the GOP nomination.
• 1976 Congressman Jerry Litton, also of Missouri, died in a plane crash on the day he was nominated by his party.
• 1972 Watergate conspirator E. Howard Hunt's wife Dorothy Hunt died in the crash of flight 553 ( crucial Watergate evidence lost forever )

joshuainmn
07-04-2007, 10:54 AM
I love how someone comes on here and offers a favor, and instead the conspiracy theorists come out of the woodwork to shoot him down. The cost to the person making the flight compared to what he charges is probably pretty small. To him, he's donating a few hundred. To ron paul, he's saving a grand, since most of his flights are probably booked last minute at a retarded rate.

I'm highly doubting this was a way to assassinate ron, but rather was a way for a guy to get some exposure, while saving ron a ton of markup cash.

Let the campaign decide what is right and wrong for ron to do to travel around the country, don't immediately bash ideas because you feel there is a greater coverup. If anything, that will do nothing but hurt and slowdown this campaign.

njandrewg
07-04-2007, 10:56 AM
yeah its a little scary, but I think if something did happen, it would force the RP supporters to revolt. And since it looks like most of you guys have guns, it would be an interesting situation

guntherg16
07-04-2007, 11:04 AM
I love how someone comes on here and offers a favor, and instead the conspiracy theorists come out of the woodwork to shoot him down. The cost to the person making the flight compared to what he charges is probably pretty small. To him, he's donating a few hundred. To ron paul, he's saving a grand, since most of his flights are probably booked last minute at a retarded rate.

I'm highly doubting this was a way to assassinate ron, but rather was a way for a guy to get some exposure, while saving ron a ton of markup cash.

Let the campaign decide what is right and wrong for ron to do to travel around the country, don't immediately bash ideas because you feel there is a greater coverup. If anything, that will do nothing but hurt and slowdown this campaign.

As I wrote previously:

DjLoTi
07-04-2007, 11:06 AM
It's up to the person to decide how much he wants to charge for his services.

njandrewg
07-04-2007, 11:08 AM
the rules say that for donated use of private air craft the candidate has to pay the cost of a first class ticket

DjLoTi
07-04-2007, 11:11 AM
the rules say that for donated use of private air craft the candidate has to pay the cost of a first class ticket

Apparently that is something like 1/10 of the cost.

james1906
07-04-2007, 11:22 AM
the MSM could have a field day with this saying that 'maverick' congressman ron paul is in cahoots with the airline industry.

flying public aircraft makes more sense, it shows he's a man of the people. sharing a plane with a presidential candidate makes a good impression.

austinphish
07-04-2007, 12:01 PM
This is just free advertising. He can't donate any more than $2,300 worth of "jet value" to Ron Paul which isn't even 1 flight.

ButchHowdy
07-04-2007, 12:03 PM
Daniel 1:8

V-rod
07-05-2007, 01:49 AM
MAY-BEE TheY'll CRash Ron Paul into the empire State on 9-11-07.

911truth.org LOL!!1!1!

SeanEdwards
07-05-2007, 02:18 AM
I think RP should travel in a up-armored Madden cruiser. :D

purepaloma
08-19-2007, 05:20 PM
Does anyone know the status of this offer?

I hope Ron is using it at least a little.

Cowlesy
08-19-2007, 05:28 PM

Exactly. When I have to travel we always have to book refundable tickets which can be the difference between a $400 non-refundable and $4,600 refundable. If he can get a few low-cost charter flights to make it a little easier on his schedule, I say go for it---it's not like the media covers how he travels anyway.

born2drv
08-19-2007, 05:32 PM
RON PAUL NEEDS TO ACCEPT THIS OFFER!!

We need all the help we can get, I'm not worried about Ron's safety, this is a private company, the last thing they want is to see harm come to anyone on one of their jets, it would destroy their reputation and business.

I say Ron Paul should accept all donations he possibly can because this going to be a tough, long, drawn out battle and we need all the support we possible can.

It will also help him reach that coveted "top tier" status. I'm not saying Ron should fly around pretending to be an elitist. I'm saying if someone offers to fly you for you free and you're trying to spread a message and fight a battle as important as this, it's simply wrong to turn it down. And it will also encourage other private businesses to contribute in any way they can.

mconder
08-19-2007, 05:32 PM
Exactly. When I have to travel we always have to book refundable tickets which can be the difference between a $400 non-refundable and $4,600 refundable. If he can get a few low-cost charter flights to make it a little easier on his schedule, I say go for it---it's not like the media covers how he travels anyway.

Thanks for bringing a little sanity to the discussion.

happyphilter
08-19-2007, 05:36 PM
I think he should accept it. It would make things a lot easier on him and I dont think in any way it would hurt his image. Plus he would get much needed attention.

I cant believe you guys are paranoid this is an assassination attempt or something.

Revolution9
08-19-2007, 05:40 PM
Look at the reflections in the first pic. There is a skull holding a baddger in its teeth and the other reflection in the side shelf is a deaths head with a pilots goggle with ne eye..

Nah.. My Nanna used to read tea leaves and would have said no. Nthing against the company..

B est
Randy

Wyurm
08-19-2007, 05:41 PM
I'm not sure he CAN accept it. The problem is that this would probably be seen as an in kind donation by the FEC. So it might not be possible for him to accept.

DjLoTi
08-19-2007, 05:47 PM
He can accept it as long as he's charged for first-class air fare. BTW-- this topic is like over a month old. lol

american.swan
08-19-2007, 05:52 PM
WARNING: DO NOT ACCEPT THE PRIVATE JET.

We need to keep our man alive people!

I was worried about this the second I saw it. Then I read Ecliptic's post and was relieved someone else was thinking the same thing.

AMEN!!! Do NOT accept

Shink
08-19-2007, 05:56 PM
He can accept it as long as he's charged for first-class air fare. BTW-- this topic is like over a month old. lol

I'm glad to see it back. People ought to call the campaign requesting they accept the offer. Drive through the message that it's legal, it'd save him a shitload of money, and he'd get more places more often. I think he should be all over Nevada and New Hampshire and South Carolina, repeatedly right now.

0zzy
08-19-2007, 06:05 PM
ROFL I love how everyone is saying he will end up dead of he accepts!

jonahtrainer
08-19-2007, 06:19 PM
I think he should accept it. It would make things a lot easier on him and I dont think in any way it would hurt his image. Plus he would get much needed attention.

I cant believe you guys are paranoid this is an assassination attempt or something.

I am sure he is a target. However, Rense.com (http://www.rense.com/general77/chinsec.htm) has issued a pretty stern warning. I am not sure I would want to call their bluff. Who knows what to believe though.

From the article:
""So far, I have told the Illuminati that they are no longer allowed to murder Japanese politicians. I now plan to extend this protection to all politicians in the West. If the Illuminati assassinate or attempt to assassinate Ron Paul, Barak Obama or any politician,
He provided a list of 10,000 people associated with the Illuminati, mainly members of the Bilderberg, CFR and Skull and Bones. Neo Cons are also high priority targets.
"So far, I have told the Illuminati that they are no longer allowed to murder Japanese politicians. I now plan to extend this protection to all politicians in the West. If the Illuminati assassinate or attempt to assassinate Ron Paul, Barak Obama or any politician"

ronpaulhawaii
08-19-2007, 06:35 PM

I thought so...

If the cost is the same (1st class fare), I wonder which is better for publicty? On one hand he will get through airports quicker, on the other hand... He is seen as a man of the people, by the people.

And alot of people might I add. Huge amounts of people, normal voters. If I were him I'd wear a polo that say's, "I am Ron Paul...", (but then, I'm a little off... :D) I mean, speakins as an authority, ain't this a no brainer? What does he benefit from the increased risk?

m

im_a_pepper
08-19-2007, 06:41 PM
Wow. Talk about paranoid. I for one thinks he is wrong to pass up the offer. Campaigning is stressful, and don't forget If Carol Paul gets to where she can travel around any, this is definitely better for her sake. Ron needs some sanctity at least. His campaign is going to press more and more demands on him to be in many places at once and this just serves that overall purpose. He likes to continue serving in House and this would give him the luxury of both. Neal Rodriguez should be commended for this. This also gives the image of a "serious" contender, and sadly imaging is what turns many peoples head towards the right direction.

ButchHowdy
08-19-2007, 06:48 PM
No private jets.

Ron Paul Fan
08-19-2007, 06:53 PM
I don't even think this should be an issue. Ron Paul doesn't want to run my life and I don't want to run his. If he wants to take the private jet because of the comfort and easiness it provides him and his family, I will support his decision. If he wants to decline it because he's worried about a conspiracy theory to assassinate him or because he wants to be humble, I will support his decision. Part of Ron Paul's appeal is that he's one of us and that he isn't a typical politician. On the other hand, the jet would make scheduling and moving around a lot easier. I'm not going to tell Dr. Paul what he should or shouldn't do because that would imply that I have more knowledge than he does and I don't. I trust his judgement and so should you.

Larofeticus
08-19-2007, 06:56 PM
Geez some of the theories that I see are something else.

Future CNN Headline:
Longshot Candidate Refuses Chartered Jet; cites Fear of Assasination

All those bloggers would just grab this and run. They already claim every last Paul supporter is freaking nuts for some reason. (yeah thats sarcasm. I know exactly why they can so easily claim we're all crazy, and you know it too)

Darren McFillintheBlank
08-19-2007, 07:00 PM

Cowlesy
08-19-2007, 07:03 PM
I hope when he makes overseas visits he charters a giant clipper ship with a captain that wears the "Captain Crunch" hat.

inibo
08-19-2007, 07:05 PM

Nice.

McDermit
08-19-2007, 07:16 PM
Jeez. Let Ron Paul and HQ make these decisions. It's not our place and the conspiracy crap just makes us look bad.

ButchHowdy
08-19-2007, 07:28 PM
No private jets.

ronpaulhawaii
08-19-2007, 08:54 PM
I hope when he makes overseas visits he charters a giant clipper ship with a captain that wears the "Captain Crunch" hat.

LOL

Jeez. Let Ron Paul and HQ make these decisions. It's not our place and the just makes us look bad.

Hear here!

Although, I always wonder when someone labels valid concerns as paranoia etc.

The "poor Carol" point just seems... wrong.

Private is more risky

http://www.planecrashinfo.com/cause.htm

Which is safer flying or driving?

Fatalities per million trips Odds of being killed

on a single trip

Airliner (Part 121)0.01952.6 million to 1
Automobile0.1307.6 million to 1
Commuter Airline (Part 135 scheduled)1.72581,395 to 1
Commuter Plane (Part 135 - Air taxi on demand)6.10163,934 to 1
General Aviation (Part 91)13.373,187 to 1

May I repeat:
13 to 1 (general)

0.012 to 1 (commercial)

mdh
08-19-2007, 09:37 PM
No private jets.

Verse doesn't seem relevant. A supporter who happens to be in the employ or ownership/management of a private jet firm hardly seems akin to the king.

I'd personally think Dr. Paul might appreciate this sort of offer, every now and then, and find it exceptionally thoughful of IJ to make such an offer. It's up to him, of course, whether to take them up on it.

jj111
08-19-2007, 09:39 PM
The three men I admire most
The Father, Son and Holy Ghost
Took the last train to the coast
The day the music died.

No private jets please.

mdh
08-19-2007, 09:40 PM
May I repeat:
13 to 1 (general)

Um....
So are you claiming that for every 13 GA flights, 1 results in a crash? For every 13 GA user-trips, one is a fatality?
Also, GA covers little personal single-engine Cessna's (the kind you can pick up used for about as much as a nice car), too. That accounts for the majority of GA crashes.

ronpaulhawaii
08-19-2007, 10:32 PM
Um....
So are you claiming that for every 13 GA flights, 1 results in a crash? For every 13 GA user-trips, one is a fatality?
Also, GA covers little personal single-engine Cessna's (the kind you can pick up used for about as much as a nice car), too. That accounts for the majority of GA crashes.

No, I am just posting data from the ntsb, the safest is commercial airlines, per million flights in this dataset

kickzman
08-19-2007, 11:16 PM
Please read this book:

American Assassination (http://www.amazon.com/American-Assassination-Strange-Senator-Wellstone/dp/0975276301/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/102-0014975-6294540?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1183563011&sr=8-1)

Book Description
Senator Paul Wellstone was, "the first 1960s radical elected to the U.S. Senate." In Senate Race 2002, the White House made defeating Wellstone priority #1. Karl Rove hand-picked arch Republican Norm Coleman to run against him. Despite massive funding, Coleman was trailing the popular Wellstone two weeks before election day.
Then, tragedy struck. On the morning of October 25th, 2002, Wellstone was killed after a mysterious communication cut-out and crash of his small aircraft. He died alongside his wife Sheila, their daughter Marcia, three staff members, and two pilots, while trying to land at Minnesota’s Eveleth airfield. CNN’s Wolf Blitzer insisted to his reporter at the scene that foul weather was the lethal factor in the crash, despite the statements to the contrary from the CNN correspondent. To this day, the public tends to blame the weather.

Ph.D. Professors James Fetzer and Don "Four Arrows" Jacobs present the harrowing truth. The plane was exceptionally airworthy. The weather didn’t bring down Senator Wellstone. Nor were the two pilots incompetent, as the report of the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) would eventually claim.

The facts point elsewhere. The FBI arrived at the remote rural crash scene less than two hours after the crash. Could they have known about it in advance? The FBI forbade the ambulance and fire teams to take photos. Even the AP photographer on hand was intimidated, delayed and then highly monitored. For some reason, a member of the U.S. Capitol Police Dignitary Protection Division was also present.

Why did the FBI state that they were treating the site as a "crime scene" although there were "no indications of any criminal activity"? How could the FBI so very swiftly conclude and state publicly, before NTSB arrived, that there was "no evidence of terrorism" involved? Why did the NTSB search for a "black box" for a day and a half and then conclude that there hadn't been one, after all?

AMERICAN ASSASSINATION confirms the worst fears of a nation. Senator Paul Wellstone was murdered.

Both authors are decorated university professors. A Native American, Four Arrows (a.k.a. Dr. Don Jacobs) teaches educational leadership and is a staunch critic of US foreign policy. Dr. Jim Fetzer is a published expert on U.S. political assassinations and the logic of science.

Although no one can prove exactly what happened in the events leading to Wellstone’s death, these two Ph.D.s point out the official story’s inconsistencies and deliberate omissions. With a methodical argument, they present evidence of an official cover-up, a compelling motive for Wellstone’s assassination and advance a more likely explanation for how Senator Wellstone's plane was taken down. Their findings include new evidence and alternative hypotheses that were never considered by the NTSB:

• There was never any distress call from the pilots. Communication was somehow cut off shortly before the crash.

• NTSB’s Carol Carmody handled the Wellstone case. A former CIA official, Carmody is a damage-control expert who handled the NTSB’s investigation of the suspicious aircraft crash of Democratic Senatorial candidate Mel Carnahan, exactly two years earlier.

• NTSB is legally mandated to take jurisdiction over a crash scene, yet it allowed the FBI to control the scene--and then neglected to cite the FBI’s involvement in presence in the NTSB's final report.

• Some witnesses heard the engines cutting out, a phenomenon not consistent with a stall.

• Others reported odd cell-phone and garage-door phenomena that were taking place about the same time the plane lost both communications and control.

• The NTSB's own simulations, which replicated properties like those of King Air A-100s under similar conditions, were unable to bring the plane down—even when conducted under abnormally slow speeds!

• One of the members who actually signed the report, Richard Healing, admitted that they really had no idea what had caused the plane to crash.

Since becoming active in this issue, local residents have contacted Professor Fetzer and related strange electronic interference in the area at the time of the crash. One experienced an odd cell-phone phenomenon with a form of static he had never heard before. Its auditory pattern appears to be similar to that of "electro-magnetic pulse" (EMP) weapons recently developed by the Pentagon to jam the computer-assisted controls of enemy aircraft.

Reports of garage doors that mysteriously opened in the immediate vicinity are surfacing. And radar images from the time of the plane crashes of Senator Carnahan and of Senator Wellstone are suggestive of EMP imprints. These weapons not only jam a plane's electronics but also disable its radio communications.

In the wake of the crash, 69% of Minnesoteans blamed a "GOP Conspiracy" for Wellstone’s death. This book makes the case that, in this case, at least, the people had it right.

In appendices to AMERICAN ASSASSINATION, Paul Wellstone’s courageous stands against the rich and powerful continue to inspire us. It presents highlights from Wellstone’s platform and includes his important speech, "On Iraq."

His opposition to the Bush administration helps the reader to understand why the Senator was a likely target for assassination. When the reader meets Wellstone in his own words, his vision is kept alive and lives on in each of us.

From the Publisher
A meticulous, objective, and scientific analysis of the available relevant evidence that established beyond a reasonable doubt that this was no accident and explains why the death of Senator Paul Wellstone appears to have resulted from a political conspiracy.

"I'm for the little fellers, not the Rockefellers"

- Senator Paul Wellstone (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Wellstone) 1944 - 2002

I live here in MN, and new Wellstone to be like our very own Ron Paul, and true the Gov despised him...I think its best we do not dwell on the unknown, what we can do now is support Ron Paul, but I do believe the man should be guarded heavily as the campaign gains traction.

libertarianguy
08-20-2007, 12:06 AM
test

happyphilter
08-20-2007, 12:39 AM
if ron paul is naive enough to accept the private jet flights and survives, just imagine how long he'll survive afterwards

DO NOT ACCEPT THIS OFFER

please stop with the paranoia guys...
first off, the pilets and everyone onboard would die, so it would be dumb to even do it.

second, the company confronted him, theres no way that would escape any amount of public attention.

so guys, just stop. the world is not out to turn us into hamsters so we can run on wheels all day, not everything has a shadowy figure behind it. And if you want to ever be taken seriously, knock it off with these ridiculous comments.

Godbag
11-15-2007, 06:32 AM
realise this thread is dead, but i just found this site and have been thinking about this since i heard of Ron a few months ago and i didnt want to open a new thread because it pisses people off... first off, to the people that are calling the "paranoid" comments ridiculous, please stop being so naive... A Paul presidency would piss a lot of very rich, very powerful people and corporations off.. both of which have friends in very high places, most of whom are already in very high places.. if you think that they will sit by and watch Ron dismantle everything they have worked on for the past 50yrs then your not as smart as i thought.. add on to that the extensive history of untimely deaths to people who opposed this exact same group and i think it is you who is being ridiculous.. it is not paranoia, it is caution, and a private jet full of people would not deter them in the slightest considering the fact that the investigation of such a crash would ultimately be controlled and spun in their favor... if u could commit a crime, knowing there were no consequences, would you? no? what if u stood to lose everything?

"...I think its best we do not dwell on the unknown, what we can do now is support Ron Paul, but I do believe the man should be guarded heavily as the campaign gains traction" this is exactly how i feel.. even when you try not to sound crazy mentioning things such as these, it always comes accross to some people as deluded... and while i am praying(i am not religious... i guess hoping would be the more appropriate term but its not strong enough) that Ron Paul is the next president, there is an increasingly loud voice in my head telling me they wont let it happen...(im not schitzophrenic and i sincerely hope that nothing does happen)

user
11-15-2007, 06:41 AM
Wouldn't this look a bit like special interest lobbying? I know it's nothing compared to the other candidates.

JosephTheLibertarian
11-15-2007, 06:47 AM
what's the big deal? it will be free and he will get around faster. They support his politics.

Would this be special interests? I don't think so. They already support his positions...

jrich4rpaul
11-15-2007, 06:48 AM
NO JETS

Waste of money, too risky.

JosephTheLibertarian
11-15-2007, 06:50 AM
it would be free.. but ok. He would be all over the country in a matter of hours

maxmerkel
11-15-2007, 06:53 AM
if imperial jets has EMP protected planes and the 10 most active Ronpaulforums.com members watch over the plane all day and night i'd say accept the offer :) (of course there has to be a parachute for every person on board !) (and all doors must be operatable by hand !)
otherwise no way ;)

Delivered4000
11-15-2007, 07:00 AM
Absolutely not

LibertyOfOne
11-15-2007, 07:02 AM
I thought the plane rides would count as contributions and therefor would not sit will with the law.

maxmerkel
11-15-2007, 07:05 AM
I thought the plane rides would count as contributions and therefor would not sit will with the law.

that's why the campaign would have to pay at least the price for a first class ticket for the flights -

Adamsa
11-15-2007, 07:06 AM
Wow, a private jet, classy. :D

JosephTheLibertarian
11-15-2007, 07:08 AM
maybe they can charge 1c

Mark
11-15-2007, 07:16 AM
what's the big deal? it will be free and he will get around faster.

This is why.

Also, not listed - 'John John' Kennedy Jr

"His father was assassinated (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_F._Kennedy_assassination) on November 22 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/November_22), 1963 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1963), three days before Kennedy, Jr.'s third birthday."

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=5527&page=3

[quote]
Offers of free jet travel sound awesome, until you start to look at other "convenient crashes" in recent history:

CNN - politicians killed in plane crashes
(http://archives.cnn.com/2002/ALLPOLITICS/10/25/politicians.plane.crashes/index.html)

• 2002 Senator Paul Wellstone - private jet crashed mysteriously killing him,
his wife and one of his children and four other people ( key opposition to Iraq war )

• 2000 Governor Mel Carnahan of Missouri was killed in a plane crash weeks before an election.
• 1996 TWA flight 800 (http://www.flight800.org/witness-review.htm) crash killing large number of French intelligence community
• 1996 Ron Brown plane crash (http://www.geocities.com/happy1215us/)
• 1993 Governor George Mickelson plane crash
• 1991 Pennsylvania Senator John Heinz and six other people were killed
• 1991 Senator John Tower plane crash
• 1989 Rep. Larkin Smith plane crash
• 1989 Rep. Mickey Leland plane crash

• 1983 Rep. Larry MacDonald (http://www.answers.com/topic/larry-mcdonald) killed (?) in the KAL007 crash

On September 1 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/September_1), 1983 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1983), Larry McDonald died when Korean Air Flight KAL-007 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_Air_Flight_007) was shot down by Soviet fighters after the plane entered Soviet airspace.

McDonald was the only U.S. congressman ever killed by the Soviets during the Cold War. North Carolina Senator Jesse Helms (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesse_Helms) and Idaho Senator Steve Symms (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Symms), both conservative Republicans and Congressman Carroll Hubbard (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carroll_Hubbard), a Democrat of Kentucky, all staunch critics of the Soviet Union, were scheduled to fly to Seoul on KAL 007, but instead flew on KAL 015

Much of the congressional district McDonald represented would later be represented by Newt Gingrich (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newt_Gingrich).

Larry McDonald was known for his conservative views, even by Southern standards. His anti-communist fervor was probably second only to that of Sen. Joseph McCarthy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sen._Joseph_McCarthy). He took the communist threat seriously and considered it an international conspiracy.

Such a view was later echoed in the words of President Ronald Reagan (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronald_Reagan) who called the Soviet Union an "Evil Empire". In another sense, McDonald may be viewed as a precursor of the Reagan supply-side (market liberalization) revolution that swept through the country in the 1980s. An admirer of Austrian economics (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austrian_School), he was an advocate of tight monetary policy in the late 1970s to get the economy out of "stagflation" - a mixture of low growth and high inflation.

He was also a passionate advocate of laissez-faire (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laissez-faire) or market based policies. His staunch conservative views on social issues attracted controversy.

On March 18, 1998, the Georgia House of Representatives (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_House_of_Representatives), "as an expression of gratitude for his able service to his country and defense of the US Constitution (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/US_Constitution)",

"We have four boxes with which to defend our freedom: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box."
- Larry MacDonald

We Hold These Truths by Larry P. MacDonald (http://www.amazon.com/We-Hold-These-Truths-Constitution/dp/0963280910/ref=sr_1_7/102-0014975-6294540?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1183567813&sr=8-7)

• 1978 Richard "Dick" Obenshain of Virginia died in a plane crash shortly after receiving the GOP nomination.
• 1976 Congressman Jerry Litton, also of Missouri, died in a plane crash on the day he was nominated by his party.
• 1972 Watergate conspirator E. Howard Hunt's wife Dorothy Hunt died in the crash of flight 553 ( crucial Watergate evidence lost forever )

Noog
11-15-2007, 07:16 AM
Wow, can we tone down the paranoia? I'd hate to think a new person to this forum read this thread first.

Adamsa
11-15-2007, 07:18 AM
Here come the conspiracy theorists! :D

Midnight77
11-15-2007, 07:20 AM
I think it would help Paul's image as a man of the people if he DID NOT accept.

yongrel
11-15-2007, 07:22 AM
Why was this thread resurrected?

There's more than enough conspiracies on here already.

Let it die, please.

Mark
11-15-2007, 07:32 AM
does this sound like anyone you know?

" Such a view was later echoed in the words of President Ronald Reagan (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronald_Reagan) who called the Soviet Union an "Evil Empire". In another sense, McDonald may be viewed as a precursor of the Reagan supply-side (market liberalization) revolution that swept through the country in the 1980s. An admirer of Austrian economics (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austrian_School), he was an advocate of tight monetary policy in the late 1970s to get the economy out of "stagflation" - a mixture of low growth and high inflation.

He was also a passionate advocate of laissez-faire (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laissez-faire) or market based policies. His staunch conservative views on social issues attracted controversy.

On March 18, 1998, the Georgia House of Representatives (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_House_of_Representatives), "as an expression of gratitude for his able service to his country and defense of the US Constitution (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/US_Constitution)"

JosephTheLibertarian
11-15-2007, 07:34 AM
does this sound like anyone you know?

" Such a view was later echoed in the words of President Ronald Reagan (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronald_Reagan) who called the Soviet Union an "Evil Empire". In another sense, McDonald may be viewed as a precursor of the Reagan supply-side (market liberalization) revolution that swept through the country in the 1980s. An admirer of Austrian economics (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austrian_School), he was an advocate of tight monetary policy in the late 1970s to get the economy out of "stagflation" - a mixture of low growth and high inflation.

On March 18, 1998, the Georgia House of Representatives (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_House_of_Representatives), "as an expression of gratitude for his able service to his country and defense of the US Constitution (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/US_Constitution)"

he didn't practice what he preached

Mark
11-15-2007, 07:35 AM
Here come the conspiracy theorists! :D

I'm sorry dude, but are you so unknowing that you think that some people aren't assassinated?

Especially when they go against the 'status quo"?

Mark
11-15-2007, 07:36 AM
he didn't practice what he preached

I don't know about all that, but, one less opportunity to 'take out' Dr Paul, the better.

Spiritually, they would pay a heavy price if they did, but it doesn't seem to have stopped them before.

And I won't go where, the descriptions of what would happen in this physical world, would lead,
by both The Hand Of God, and man.

Adamsa
11-15-2007, 07:38 AM
I'm sorry dude, but are you so unknowing that you think some people aren't assassinated?

Especially when they go against the 'status quo"?

I'm not saying some people aren't assassinated.

I'm saying everyone isn't out to get us.

Mark
11-15-2007, 07:42 AM
I'm not saying some people aren't assassinated.

I'm saying everyone isn't out to get us.

Not us Sir, Dr Paul.

yongrel
11-15-2007, 07:48 AM
Let this thread die.

Godbag
11-15-2007, 08:57 AM
yeh i agree, let this thread die, no point talking about stuff that opponents could use to tarnish the campaign, heaven forbid their trying hard enough already... but still, no private jets, too convenient... for everybody

sandersondavis
11-15-2007, 09:09 AM
I don't even think this should be an issue. Ron Paul doesn't want to run my life and I don't want to run his. If he wants to take the private jet because of the comfort and easiness it provides him and his family, I will support his decision. If he wants to decline it because he's worried about a conspiracy theory to assassinate him or because he wants to be humble, I will support his decision. Part of Ron Paul's appeal is that he's one of us and that he isn't a typical politician. On the other hand, the jet would make scheduling and moving around a lot easier. I'm not going to tell Dr. Paul what he should or shouldn't do because that would imply that I have more knowledge than he does and I don't. I trust his judgement and so should you.

Thank you! This decision resides solely to the official RP campaign.
One day soon, RP will be forced by circumstances to go private in a big way, if for no other reason than to carry the press corps and Secret Service.

Highstreet
11-15-2007, 09:17 AM

RP still would not do it, probably.

He's just not that wasteful.