PDA

View Full Version : Is Mitch McConnell trying to have his cake and eat it....too???

Aratus
02-13-2021, 03:53 PM
He agreed with the HOUSE managers in his speech today, but
he is the main reason WHY the vast bulk of the trial hits when
DJT is a private citizen. McConnell is upset over the mob, he is
saying Trump's words & actions have a linkage & consequences
but he did not call the Senate back in session to conduct the trial.

phill4paul
02-13-2021, 03:59 PM
He is. But, the pieces are in place. Approval at all time low for Kentuckians over the impeachment trial. Time to primary the RINO turtle out.

Aratus
02-13-2021, 04:00 PM
Once again, i namedrop BLOUNT, BELLKNAP and HASTINGs.
https://indianexpress.com/article/explained/explained-why-the-failed-attempt-to-impeach-warren-hastings-is-relevant-to-donald-trumps-trial-6228587/

WARREN HASTINGS returns to the U.K as a private citizen and then he is impeached.
http://www.delhihighcourt.nic.in/library/articles/may/The%20impeachment%20of%20warren%20hastings.pdf

Aratus
02-13-2021, 04:02 PM
He is. But, the pieces are in place. Approval at all time low for Kentuckians
over the impeachment trial. Time to primary the RINO turtle out.

Is Rep. Thomas Massie seasoned enough to take Mitch McConnell on?
Is it simply better for Thomas Massie if he waits for McConnell to retire?

phill4paul
02-13-2021, 04:20 PM
Is Rep. Thomas Massie seasoned enough to take Mitch McConnell on?
Is it simply better for Thomas Massie if he waits for McConnell to retire?

Honestly? I dunno. Thomas wasn't a Trump supporter. But neither was he a hater. I guess it will come down to who Trump PICKS as a primary challenger. And Trump WILL pick someone. Thomas isn't the kind to kiss the ring. Thomas is fine where he is at for now.

oyarde
02-13-2021, 05:18 PM
Massie would ruin his bright future running against Mitch in a primary where mitch has all the money . Hopefully he plans to stick around and represent us and not suicide like amash did.

Aratus
02-14-2021, 08:13 AM
Massie would ruin his bright future running against Mitch in a primary where mitch has all the money . Hopefully he plans to stick around and represent us and not suicide like amash did.

Honestly said... the ONLY Kentucky Republican who could defeat Mitch McConnell in a GOP primary is Doctor Rand Paul,
but for him to do that, he would have to give up his own Senate seat in order to grab McConnell's one out from under him.

RJB
02-14-2021, 09:10 AM
I don't think any of this will matter.

1. He was just reelected and won't face a primary for almost 6 years. That's plenty of time to reform his image multiple times. Look at Lindsey Graham.

2. He's 78 and doesn't look very healthy. The Senate is a cush job, but who knows what 6 years will bring.

RJB
02-14-2021, 09:14 AM
I say the Senate is a cush job because presidents age more in 4 years than those cockroaches in the house and senate age in 40.

Anti Globalist
02-15-2021, 08:24 AM
It was pretty funny how he voted to acquit Trump and then immediately after he got acquitted he started bad mouthing him.

jmdrake
02-15-2021, 09:06 AM
I don't think any of this will matter.

1. He was just reelected and won't face a primary for almost 6 years. That's plenty of time to reform his image multiple times. Look at Lindsey Graham.

2. He's 78 and doesn't look very healthy. The Senate is a cush job, but who knows what 6 years will bring.

This! I know turtles have a long lifespan but Mitch only LOOKS like a turtle.

I don't know what is more depressing. People acting like Mitch is invulnerable, when he may very well retire, or people acting like Trump is the only person that people can rally behind. Thomas Massie is the best person to run for Mitch's seat precisely because he neither kissed Trump's behind nor tried to stick a knife in it.

RJB
02-15-2021, 09:52 AM
Thomas Massie is the best person to run for Mitch's seat precisely because he neither kissed Trump's behind nor tried to stick a knife in it.
I never quite thought of it exactly as you worded it, but what I always liked about Ron Paul was he never kissed a ring or knifed someone in the back. He stuck to policy.

I always admired his relationship with Kucinich. Ron agreed and disagreed with him, but he never kissed nor knifed

Aratus
02-15-2021, 06:58 PM
"Thomas Massie is the best person to run for Mitch's seat precisely because he neither kissed Trump's behind nor tried to stick a knife in it."

jimdrake 2/15/21

acptulsa
02-15-2021, 07:05 PM
"Thomas Massie is the best person to run for Mitch's seat precisely because he neither kissed Trump's behind nor tried to stick a knife in it."

jimdrake 2/15/21

From a rational point of view, that's brilliant and it's true. But I've never seen a GOP primary ruled by rationality.

If stupidity got us in this mess, why can't it get us out?

Occam's Banana
02-25-2021, 10:44 PM
Is Mitch McConnell trying to have his cake and eat it....too???

Question answered:

https://twitter.com/Breaking911/status/1365120612432302080

https://twitter.com/DailyCaller/status/1365120646129348610

Aratus
02-26-2021, 09:46 AM
ARATUS looks up.... (Is Trump now thrilled at this lil factoid of pure honest reporting?)
Mitt Romney also recently said he expects a tidy Trump romp all thru the 2o24 primaries.
Romney knows how far BILL WELD got in 2o2o, Mitt often compulsively opinion polls...