PDA

View Full Version : Cindy Sheehan is Back in Business

Lois
07-04-2007, 06:54 AM
If Cindy Sheehan would endorse Ron Paul -- imagine the publicity, name recognition.

http://desertpeace.blogspot.com/2007/07/cindy-sheehan-is-back-in-business.html

(I tried to post a Comment, but not sure it went through)

qedtanya
07-04-2007, 09:39 AM
Sorry, I can't stand that lady.......

wizardwatson
07-04-2007, 09:47 AM
I've already asked her about a month ago, via her blog but got no response. Ron is the only 'real' anti-war candidate.

LibertyEagle
07-04-2007, 09:48 AM
I don't think it would be a good thing at all. She allowed herself to be surrounded by all kinds of questionable groups. She finally recognized it and removed herself, but this was not advertised much. Republicans do not view her fondly at all and since right now, we are going after the Republican nomination, we don't want to shoot ourselves in the proverbial foot.

wizardwatson
07-04-2007, 09:53 AM
She is planning a march. RP supporters should just go march with her.

wizardwatson
07-04-2007, 09:55 AM
I don't think it would be a good thing at all. She allowed herself to be surrounded by all kinds of questionable groups. She finally recognized it and removed herself, but this was not advertised much. Republicans do not view her fondly at all and since right now, we are going after the Republican nomination, we don't want to shoot ourselves in the proverbial foot.

Well we can march with Ann Coulter once too.:)

To even it out.

We need to come up with something for name recognition eventually.

wizardwatson
07-04-2007, 10:22 AM
Plus, we already have the 9/11 truthers fully entrenched within the RP movement. I think Ron Paul's message is bringing together all sorts of groups.

Just imagine someone like Sheehan, just stopping what she's doing and using her publicity to support Ron Paul. Everything she stands for and wants to happen is included in Ron Paul's message. She wouldn't have to grand stand or even speak really, just campaign.

It would be newsworthy.

Spirit of '76
07-04-2007, 11:06 AM
No.

We are trying to get the Republican Party's nomination here.

SeekLiberty
07-04-2007, 11:11 AM
IMHO, to play into politics as more important than following Truth and Justice is not what honorable men and women do.

Though I may not agree with all of what Cindy says, I consider her a woman of courage and honor. She made the mistake of quitting but fully realized this is not the route to go. She owned up to it, regrouped, and is now BACK! Hurray for Cindy! I'm proud of her and consider her a fellow Patriot.

- SL

Brandybuck
07-04-2007, 11:16 AM
She allowed herself to be surrounded by all kinds of questionable groups.
Precisely. She has marched with intifada supporters and communists. She has lied to television cameras on numerous occasions. She has demonstrated she will use any means to get her narrow end. This is NOT the kind of person we want near Ron Paul. She's worse than the Truthers.

james1906
07-04-2007, 11:31 AM
she started out as someone noble, but devolved into meeting with anyone who hates the US.

winston84
07-04-2007, 11:37 AM
I think she has already used up all her limelight. IMO she is not an asset to RP, she would probably cause damage if anything. Although I agree with her stance (however ineloquent it may be) I think its sad that it takes the death of her son for her to realize she's against the war.

SeanEdwards
07-04-2007, 11:38 AM
If Cindy Sheehan would endorse Ron Paul -- imagine the publicity, name recognition.

http://desertpeace.blogspot.com/2007/07/cindy-sheehan-is-back-in-business.html

(I tried to post a Comment, but not sure it went through)

What a terrible idea. That woman is as much a ghoul as Giuliani. Let her go endorse Chavez, and stay as far away from Ron Paul as possible.

angrydragon
07-04-2007, 11:43 AM
Let her endorse Obama.

Sir VotesALot
07-04-2007, 12:45 PM
I think she's nice.

RonPaul4President
07-04-2007, 12:50 PM
she started out as someone noble, but devolved into meeting with anyone who hates the US.

Hates the US?! What the hell?! So anyone that dissents against pirates in the White House hates the USA in your opinion? That is subversive BS.

cajuncocoa
07-04-2007, 12:53 PM

Couldn't agree more.

johnrocks
07-04-2007, 12:59 PM
Her endorsement IMHO would be a death blow to Ron Paul's campaign, I myself would feel a lot less enthuastic about him!

angelatc
07-04-2007, 01:02 PM
I'm going to wait and see. If she fires at Democrats as well as Republicans, I'm willing to accept that she made a mistake by allowing herself to be used by the Democratic machine.

cajuncocoa
07-04-2007, 01:02 PM
I can't see her endorsing RP anyway. She's more likely to endorse Nader or someone from the Green Party.

Mesogen
07-04-2007, 01:30 PM
I used to sympathize with her and I still do in a way (she lost her son after all), but I randomly came across one picture that made me go "HUH?" and lose a great deal of the sympathy that I had for her.

http://www.zombietime.com/world_cant_wait_sf_11-2-2005/part_2/IMG_3410.JPG

Why is she smiling here?

SeanEdwards
07-04-2007, 01:35 PM
Why is she smiling here?

Because she enjoys dragging the corpse of her son around?

Her son volunteered, and re-upped. She should have respected his choices, and not used his dead body as a prop for her anti-war views.

cajuncocoa
07-04-2007, 01:52 PM
This quote, from an interview (http://www.democracynow.org/article.pl?sid=05/06/29/1434216) with Amy Goodman is what ruined any support of Cindy Sheehan for me:

CINDY SHEEHAN: Right. Our family was against it from the beginning. Casey was against it, but he felt it was his duty to go because he was in the Army. And he felt that he had to go to protect his buddies, to be there for his buddies, to be support, and they are brainwashed into thinking that even if they don't agree with the mission, they're brainwashed into just blindly following it. I begged Casey not to go. I told him I would take him to Canada. I told him I would run over him with a car, anything to get him not to go to that immoral war. And he said, “Mom, I wish I didn't have to, but I have to go.”

I'm sorry, but what kind of mother says that to her son? I used to feel a lot of sympathy for her loss, but not so much after reading that. What difference does it make that he was killed in Iraq? She would have killed him herself just to keep him from going.

CS is just an attention whore. I hope she stays FAR away from RP.

Mesogen
07-04-2007, 02:03 PM
He he, when I was growing up, my parents threatened me with all kinds of weird things.

SeekLiberty
07-04-2007, 02:07 PM
This quote, from an interview (http://www.democracynow.org/article.pl?sid=05/06/29/1434216) with Amy Goodman is what ruined any support of Cindy Sheehan for me:

I'm sorry, but what kind of mother says that to her son? I used to feel a lot of sympathy for her loss, but not so much after reading that. What difference does it make that he was killed in Iraq? She would have killed him herself just to keep him from going.

CS is just an attention whore. I hope she stays FAR away from RP.

Oh brother, it was just a figure of speech. Do you really think she meant it? lol.

- SL