PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Stories that need a burry

LibertyOfOne
07-04-2007, 06:53 AM
http://digg.com/politics/Bury_Ron_Paul_on_Digg
http://digg.com/politics/Ron_Paul_fs_Digg_Manipulation_Exposed

herepamwas
07-04-2007, 07:12 AM
I for one have never heard of digg until I came here. And, I don't think burying this story are gonna help change the minds over there. The only time I even go over there is when someone posts links on here. There is blowback from being to fervent in our support. Happy 4th of July!

walt
07-04-2007, 07:17 AM
QUIT WASTING TIME ON DIGG - GO TALK TO REAL VOTERS OVER the age of 14.

LibertyOfOne
07-04-2007, 07:20 AM

OK NO NEED TO YELL MISTER I KNOW WHAT IS BEST

damijin
07-04-2007, 07:24 AM
Digg is inherently flawed by design since it considers the actions of mass organizations to be unfair. However, it consistently happens. The larger your online community, the more power you have over Digg.

Forums like SomethingAwful.com are capable of elevating a whole series of stories to the front page if the call to arms will motivate their members. It's the nature of the internet.

But with that said, I don't like the calls for burying. I don't mind digging a Ron Paul stuff whenever I come across it, but burying the negative simply because it's negative ends up creating more negative than the negative itself!

If that confused you, let me word it this way:

We're creating our own blowback. Dr. Paul's reputation, history, and record are so spotless, that the only legitimate fuel his opponents have against him is that WE the supporters are manipulating the internet. Why give them that?

Brandybuck
07-04-2007, 11:27 AM
Precisely. Digg influences nobody. It doesn't matter if a pro-RP story is on top or an anti-RP story is on bottom. That won't change a damned thing. Digg is irrelevant to Ron Paul, even more so that there's a digg/bury war going on. It's meaningless.

walt
07-04-2007, 11:53 AM
Precisely. Digg influences nobody. It doesn't matter if a pro-RP story is on top or an anti-RP story is on bottom. That won't change a damned thing. Digg is irrelevant to Ron Paul, even more so that there's a digg/bury war going on. It's meaningless.

I bet half the digg people have never talked to 10 strangers about Dr. Paul. I love the idealism of youth but let's be honest - Word of Mouth and individual 1 by 1 exposure is what will win.

njandrewg
07-04-2007, 12:31 PM
those stories aren't that bad most of replies look positive for RP