PDA

View Full Version : Reality Check- Ron Paul CAN win!!!

Neuromanc3r
12-15-2007, 10:13 PM
B.J. Lawson’s Reality Check (http://bhday.wordpress.com/2007/08/15/why-i-dont-believe-in-conspiracy-theories-and-happy-birthday-dr-paul/)

There are some who are convinced that Ron Paul cannot win because there is a massive, centralized conspiracy against him and his message of a Constitutional federal government and individual liberties. I assert, however, that there is no conspiracy — only pessimism that doesn’t believe a groundswell of concerned citizens can change the trajectory of our nation at this critical time.

Why am I so confident that conspiracy theories to shut out Dr. Paul’s ideas are bunk? Just look around you — the truth is everywhere! If there was truly a conspiracy, you would not have access to the following books:

The Fed, by Martin Mayer
The Creature from Jekyll Island, by G. Edward Griffin
Economics in One Lesson, by Henry Hazlitt
Economics for Real People, by Gene Callahan
Additionally, you would not be able to use your favorite search engine to instantly locate:

The United States Government’s annual financial report
The Treasury Department’s “Debt to the Penny” web application
The Treasury Department’s Interest Expense on Debt Outstanding
The Grandfather Economic Report, endorsed by none other than Milton Friedman
The Defense Department’s reports of active duty troop strength by location (What? You mean of our 1.4 million troops, 400 thousand are overseas? And we have 100 thousand in Germany? Why?)
A Heritage Foundation summary report of the same troop deployment information over time
The Constitution
Finally, how about this article from yesterday’s Financial Times:

David Walker, comptroller general of the US, issued the unusually downbeat assessment of his country’s future in a report that lays out what he called “chilling long-term simulations”.

These include “dramatic” tax rises, slashed government services and the large-scale dumping by foreign governments of holdings of US debt.

Drawing parallels with the end of the Roman empire, Mr Walker warned there were “striking similarities” between America’s current situation and the factors that brought down Rome, including “declining moral values and political civility at home, an over-confident and over-extended military in foreign lands and fiscal irresponsibility by the central government”.

Mr. David Walker is our Comptroller General with the Government Accountability Office, and he’s issuing a cry for help. Were there truly a massive conspiracy, would he even be alive at this moment?

So what does this have to do with Ron Paul’s birthday on August 20? Our Meetup group last night came up with an intriguing idea. Yes, we should give him a donation. At least $25 would be nice, although you could get creative and give him your income tax withholding from one paycheck. You’ll get it back in spades after he’s elected, anyway. And get out there and participate in Hope for America Day through your local Meetup.

But when you’re done helping out, what would happen if we threw Ron Paul a national birthday barbecue? Not together, but each of us, individually in our own houses. What if we each invited a friend (or more than one) who doesn’t yet know Dr. Paul to celebrate a birthday dinner? And instead of talking about superficial topics, talk about something that matters.

You don’t need to have all the answers, you just need to share the questions that you’ve been asking, and where Ron Paul fits into the discussion. If you run into a tough issue, just read about it in the Ron Paul Library. I think you’ll be surprised that pretty much everyone is asking the same questions — we just don’t talk about it between the “Hi, how are you? Fine, thanks — how about you? Great! See ya!”

When your friend leaves the party inspired enough to ask her own questions, and understands that our survival as a nation depends on what we do in the next few months to years, then that friend will be ready to reach out and talk to her friends.

Look, even if you do think there’s a massive conspiracy, at least your good friends won’t think you’re completely crazy. In any case, throw a dinner party this Monday, August 20, get a birthday cake, and talk about Congressman Ron Paul and Hope for America!

:: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: ::

Explore posts in the same categories: Ron Paul, campaign
This entry was posted on August 15, 2007 at 11:30 am and is filed under Ron Paul, campaign. You can subscribe via RSS 2.0 feed to this post's comments. You can comment below, or link to this permanent URL from your own site. Your comments will appear immediately, but I reserve the right to delete inappropriate comments.

6 Comments on “Why I Don’t Believe In Conspiracy Theories, and Happy Birthday, Dr. Paul!”
tsoldrin Says:

August 15, 2007 at 5:00 pm
Why does every conspiracy have to be massive? Ideally I think if I were a bad guy I’d want to keep it small so as to concentrate the power amongst the few trusted co-conspirators. In any case, I’m not sure how you can reconsile non-belief in any conspiracy when you have so many ex CIA and other intel agenst spilling the beans about various unsavory ops they’ve been involved in and stuff like Carl Bernstein blowing the lid off the fact that the CIA has placed upwards of 400 agents inside of various news and media companies in order to control and spin ‘the message’.

sb Says:

August 15, 2007 at 8:29 pm
We are now at the point of having a population so dumbed down that they don’t understand that the problems we face cannot be fixed by government, much less understand that they are CAUSED by government. To be sure, people have been co-conspiarators against themselves, trading their liberty for the pottage (Garet Garrett) of nonexistent “security”. It is hardly a risk that these resources are out there, how many have the cognitive ability left to read and understand them?? The massive indoctrination, stripping of traditional values and beliefs by the “molders of minds” and animal behaviorists in the govschools have done their job of reducing human beings to obedient herd animals very well. This is NOT a “conspiracy theory”. This is very well documented by Charlotte Iserbyt (worked for the Reagan Dept. of Ed.), John Taylor Gatto, Samuel Blumenfeld, among others. Education was never the true purpose of government schooling. You tube Charlotte Iserbyt, Google John Taylor Gatto.

bhday Says:

August 15, 2007 at 8:44 pm
tsoldrin, sb — good points, well said. I learned a lot reading Confessions of an Economic Hit Man (John Perkins) among other books, and we indeed have a history of unsavory things with respect to a sound doctrine of non-interventionism.

My point with this post was simply to point out that the resources to educate are out there, and easily available. Government education may have failed, but each of us knows people who respect us, and with whom we can engage in respectful dialog.

Let’s not think we can’t help other people overcome the barriers that have been placed in the way of true understanding!

BD

ronpaulmania Says:

August 15, 2007 at 11:31 pm
Barry, you’re very naive. All one has to do is monitor the mainstream media for a few weeks and you’ll clearly see the conspiracy of the two party system as well as the hidden agenda of the fed and banking controllers.

ronpaulmania — thanks for your comment. You are right about media bias. I am just trying to point out that the information that can set the record straight is freely available. It’s up to us to engage in meaningful conversations with folks so that these “complicated” issues can be demystified. Should be good dinnertime conversation for Monday night!

One of my favorite pieces of economic misinformation is this Business Week article. How about these quotes:

“The best solution would be some sort of global central bank with real powers–but that’s not going to happen until there’s a big enough financial crisis to truly scare people.”

“The idea of a national economic policy may be fundamentally out of date in a world of global markets. Washington is no longer the center of the economic universe. That’s a basic fact that Democrats and Republicans alike will need to get their heads around.”

Sounds like fun! Can’t wait to be around when that happens…

BD

ronpaulmania Says:

August 16, 2007 at 1:51 am
Um… just because information is readily available does not mean one should dismiss conspiracy. These “guys” that are behind a lot of these real conspiracies don’t really care if the information is out there. In fact, the more arguing about it the better. The more people argue the less they focus on the actual issues (conspiracies).

I agree education is the most important asset we have.

sb Says:

August 16, 2007 at 11:18 pm
That Businessweek article is full of eco-nonsense. It is looking like we are being engineered into a financial crisis in order to impose global rule through the monetary system. The scary thing is that otherwise reasonable people are going to read that article and believe that propaganda. The information is out there, the truth is out there, but first folks have to wake up to the facts that they are being herded, lied to, robbed, managed, etc., etc. instead of believing whatever is served up in the daily “financial news”.