PDA

View Full Version : Trevors next assignment. A grassroots Super Bowl ad produced by Aravoth

max
12-15-2007, 10:09 PM
How friggin awesome would that be?

Who here wouldn't donate to that?...

how about a version of the famous Apple computer super bowl ad from the 80's...the one with the theme of 1984....chick smashing the screen of big brother...

then RP's face appears as he lights up the room with words of truth...

lets do this

yongrel
12-15-2007, 10:10 PM
Ooh, aah!

Can we do this?!

dante
12-15-2007, 10:11 PM
I think it would be impossible to pull this one off as a timeshare and do it without violating FEC regulations... and honestly its not worth the cost nor are is any space probably even available at this point.

max
12-15-2007, 10:12 PM
I think it would be impossible to pull this one off as a timeshare and do it without violating FEC regulations... and honestly its not worth the cost nor are is any space probably even available at this point.

same stuff that was said about the blimp..

u put the website in that ad and the new donors will go thru the roof...

just in time for primaries...

good challenger to the FEC too..create even more publicity

john_anderson_ii
12-15-2007, 10:15 PM
I though the super bowl producers simply didn't do political ads. I might be mistaken, as I've only read that here.

RPSignbomb
12-15-2007, 10:15 PM
Trevor is too busy pimping the blimp and trying to make money for 1/2 delivering. Next please....

bgoldwater
12-15-2007, 10:16 PM
A superbowl ad would be a tremendous waster of money. With 2.5 million you can buy hundreds of thousands of ads instead.

max
Trevor is too busy pimping the blimp and trying to make money for 1/2 delivering. Next please....

why are u hating on Trevor????? Do u realize how much he's done for this movement?

son of liberty
How about we fill a whole stadium (the same stadium) with Ron Paul supporters film it and air it on the superbowl?

Brad Zink
How friggin awesome would that be?

Very awesome!

We could get creative with the Super Bowl concept. Perhaps we could target Super Tuesday markets, and if the ads are already sold for the game we could target the pregame and postgame shows.

Richandler
12-15-2007, 10:18 PM
You guys always talk about reach an audience like Becks, which isn't even a half a million, but when there is a surge to make an ad for 20 million people you guys just give up. Some Ron Paul fans you guys are.

max
12-15-2007, 10:19 PM
A superbowl ad would be a tremendous waster of money. With 2.5 million you can buy hundreds of thousands of ads instead.

i disagree..

1. The ad itself gets secondary publicity because it's a super bowl ad...the press will talk about it

2. If you put the website out there with an appeal to get involved...massive numbers of new donors will come aboard

I didnt realize it was 2.5 million though...i thougt it was about 1 mill....2.5 would be a stretch unless HQ did it..

nonetheless..it always amuses me how quick the naysayers come out when ideas like this are rolled out

hawkeyenick
12-15-2007, 10:20 PM
no

the penetration of typical tv advertising is almost nothing these days, people ignore them

besides, this isn't enough payoff for the cost

times square will be MUCH more cost effective

Brad Zink
12-15-2007, 10:21 PM
If any Ron Paul supporters are going to the game, they could hold up RonPaul2008.com banners behind the goalposts during field goals.

hopeforamerica
12-15-2007, 10:27 PM
If any Ron Paul supporters are going to the game, they could hold up RonPaul2008.com banners behind the goalposts during field goals.

Remeber the super bowl is in Phoenix..... wink, wink

reverse
12-15-2007, 10:28 PM
EVERYONE watches super bowl ads. Sometimes, they're more entertaining than the actual game!

I wouldn't mind seeing a funny ad hit the screens - for example:

A Leave it to Beaver themed scene where someone gets off a phone excited about the government listening in on their phone conversation... transitioning to a scene where someone puts down the newspaper and gets overly excited about the value of the dollar going down yet again.

Theme of the commercial being "You can have all of this and more! (How things are currently going) Unless you vote for Ron Paul"

BlueGecko
12-15-2007, 10:30 PM
How bout the local meetup does a Ron Paul Tailgating Party

We chipin to pay for food for thousands, the locals meet, hand out flyers, cook, play RP videos for all the tailgaters

Plus the pregame shows film the tailgaters

Small cost big benefit

Cliff
12-15-2007, 10:33 PM
why are u hating on Trevor????? Do u realize how much he's done for this movement?

He had a part in a huge donation day but in the scheme of things he had very little to do with it. Had it not happened the teaparty07 would be that much bigger.

hopeforamerica
12-15-2007, 10:34 PM
How bout the local meetup does a Ron Paul Tailgating Party

We chipin to pay for food for thousands, the locals meet, hand out flyers, cook, play RP videos for all the tailgaters

Plus the pregame shows film the tailgaters

Small cost big benefit

Check out this site! It's from Ernest Hancock. If you don't know who he is, you should! He is the creator of the R3VOLEution logo! He is in New Hampshire right now working hard with a bunch of folks. Ernest is going to stay in NH for one month, and then return to AZ to concentrate on the super bowl!!! He is looking for donations and ideas for what we can do!!! We will be hosting people in our homes if they want to fly down and help out etx.....

Anyhow, go here to see where you can donate and get involved!!!

http://freedomsphoenix.com/Join-the-Ron-Paul-Revolution.htm

hopeforamerica
12-15-2007, 10:36 PM
He had a part in a huge donation day but in the scheme of things he had very little to do with it. Had it not happened the teaparty07 would be that much bigger.

If Trevor had not seen the potential in the idea and made a website, Nov 5th may have been very small! The 16th was an idea AFTER the Nov 5th huge success. Trevor deserves credit! So do all the contributors, but none of us stepped up to the plate and put together a website worthy of spreading the word.

Liberty Star
12-15-2007, 10:40 PM
After Tea Party, next push should be to do some expose project on neocons and some occasion that highlights dangers of needless wars. They are still pushing for a new war and election is still a year away:

Neocons Devastated by Iran Intel Bombshell

http://www.alternet.org/story/69932/

And there are no assignments for the cause of Liberty. Trevor has done a marvellous job of doing things with his own initiative in true spirit of a libertarian mindset.

Cliff
12-15-2007, 10:41 PM
If Trevor had not seen the potential in the idea and made a website, Nov 5th may have been very small! The 16th was an idea AFTER the Nov 5th huge success. Trevor deserves credit! So do all the contributors, but none of us stepped up to the plate and put together a website worthy of spreading the word.

Credit for what? Contributions gave him the credit and without it he is unknown.

RPSignbomb
12-15-2007, 10:43 PM
www.signbomb08.com

parke
12-15-2007, 10:43 PM
I keep worrying about the hit ad's that are going to be directed at RP after todays fundraiser. There is no shortage of venom directed at RP.

I think we need to create a PAC and have some videos PRE MADE of the other candidates that attack RP. That way we can fund it and have it on air virtually immediately...

szczebrzeszyn
12-15-2007, 10:47 PM
If Trevor had not seen the potential in the idea and made a website, Nov 5th may have been very small!
Don't be silly. People haven't donated because of some website! They were excited about the idea, which was born here, among the grassroots. The website was just a point of focus.

john_anderson_ii
12-15-2007, 10:47 PM
I don't know all the details, but our meet up has big plans for the superbowl.

If RP doesn't carry AZ, I'll be very pissed. We work way harder than anyone else's paid people in this state.

boondoggle
12-15-2007, 10:48 PM
http://digg.com/politics/Ron_Paul_Campaign_Plans_National_Advertising_Campa ign

Cliff
12-15-2007, 10:49 PM
BTW the idea of a Super Bowl ad is not Trevors.

Nefertiti
12-15-2007, 10:52 PM
True, I just searched it and it was first proposed by someone else back in early October. The problem is every time it has been suggested it has been shot down.

I think it might be a good idea, but only if we know the outcome of Iowa and NH, and by that time it will be too late. But there must be other creative ways to get some sort of coverage during the game. Just have to be creative.

JDeVriese
12-15-2007, 10:53 PM
The Super Bowl is one of the FEW events in the United States, where people actually pay attention to the commercials! A nicely done ad will be something people will talk about for days. Plus, it is TWO days before Super Tuesday.

I am 100% for this idea, as long as you can get it aired!

-JD

Liberty Star
12-15-2007, 10:53 PM
After Tea Party, next push should be to do some expose project on neocons and some occasion that highlights dangers of needless wars. They are still pushing for a new war and election is still a year away:

Neocons Devastated by Iran Intel Bombshell

http://www.alternet.org/story/69932/

And there are no assignments for the cause of Liberty. Trevor has done a marvellous job of doing things with his own initiative in true spirit of a libertarian mindset.

This is an assignment for all the posters in this thread LOL

Any suggestions?

After you have made your tea party donation ofcourse.

RPSignbomb
12-15-2007, 10:55 PM
BTW the idea of a Super Bowl ad is not Trevors.

Either was Nov. 5th, the Tea Party, and the Blimp - but he takes all the credit :)