PDA

View Full Version : Kudos to State College, PA Supporters!

reverse
12-15-2007, 10:01 PM
I haven't spoke with my brother in quite some time, I called him today to discuss Christmas plans and he was curious as to why I was staying in tonight. Aside from the nasty weather coming about here in VA, I told him I was more interested in keeping an eye on a fundraiser being coordinated for a presidential candidate. Jokingly, he asked 'Is it for Ron Paul?'.. I was at a loss for words, given my brother has absolutely no interest in politics. He said he saw a bunch of supporters out in droves signwaving while he was out shopping. He knows I am also not all that much into politics as well, and was curious as to why this campaign has grabbed my attention. It definitely gave me the opportunity to get him interested!

It's funny how information gets misinterpreted however, for some reason he thought Ron Paul was an atheist and also thought the supporters were 'picketing'. Instead of people looking at us as 'activists' and the like, I wish we would just be called voters, like everyone else.

Keep up the good work!