PDA

View Full Version : Gadsden/Birmingham, AL

IcBoy
05-12-2007, 09:04 PM
Just wanted to drop a line to see how much you guys know about why we need to get back to the Silver and Gold Standard for our Dollar. I can tell you guys and gals we NEED to push this...our inflated dollar won't allow us to go on much longer.

Please give some feedback

chopdave
05-13-2007, 09:52 AM
I believe this is the most important underlying issue in our government today. Money is the lifeblood of politics. Those who control the money supply control the people. A money backed by gold is one of the most important ingredients to individual liberty and freedom. A goverment can't continually deficit spend with a dollar backed by gold. If it continues to, the treasury will be drained of its gold reserves. A loss of confidence will result and dollars will be dumped. Congress could not afford this. It would ultimately cost them their jobs. As long as we have fiat dollars, we will have deficit spending which results in inflation that drives down the purchasing power of the dollar. In other words, it is a transfer of wealth from the average American to the politically connected in Washington. I know this is an issue that makes peoples' eyes glaze over when they hear it, but it is the most important issue in my opinion. Cut off the mother's milk to politics and you stop the deficit spending. Make them raise taxes to spend for their pet projects and lobbyist buddies and see how far they get. It's time to abolish the federal reserve and have a sound currency. Let's end the cruel tax of inflation.