PDA

View Full Version : A.B.A. = Amazing Blimp Affect

therealjjj77
12-15-2007, 08:58 PM
The article is good but the comments after it are awesome. Look at how many decidedly switched from Huckabee to Ron Paul because of the blimp:

h ttp://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/12/14/the-blimp-is-up/

MRoCkEd
12-15-2007, 09:00 PM
you mean effect?

xexkxex
12-15-2007, 09:02 PM
you mean effect?

I'm sure he did MRoCkEd...as I'm sure meant to capitalize "you" at the beginning of your question...but we all can't be perfect eh? ;)

Thanks for the link therealjjj77....we appreciate it. :)

therealjjj77
12-15-2007, 09:04 PM
you mean effect?

Yeah =P

I just hope this news gets to Iowa!

UtahApocalypse
12-15-2007, 09:04 PM
Only break links to polls. We WANT the NY Times to see that Ron Paul gives them revenue

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/12/14/the-blimp-is-up/

literatim
12-15-2007, 09:06 PM
af·fect1 /v. əˈfɛkt; n. ˈæfɛkt/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[v. uh-fekt; n. af-ekt] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–verb (used with object)
1. to act on; produce an effect or change in: Cold weather affected the crops.
2. to impress the mind or move the feelings of: The music affected him deeply.
3. (of pain, disease, etc.) to attack or lay hold of.
–noun
4. Psychology. feeling or emotion.
5. Psychiatry. an expressed or observed emotional response: Restricted, flat, or blunted affect may be a symptom of mental illness, especially schizophrenia.
6. Obsolete. affection; passion; sensation; inclination; inward disposition or feeling.

MRoCkEd
12-15-2007, 09:07 PM
every time you use affect instead of effect you have to donate $10 to Ron Paul

literatim
12-15-2007, 09:08 PM
He is correct on the usage of 'affect'.

MRoCkEd
12-15-2007, 09:09 PM
he no know no grammar

dsentell
12-15-2007, 09:18 PM
The article is good but the comments after it are awesome. Look at how many decidedly switched from Huckabee to Ron Paul because of the blimp:

Come on everybody . . . grammar lessons???

This thread is important, GREAT News! I read the article and comments -- inspiring! Hope we are really getting all these converts. :D

quickmike
12-15-2007, 09:18 PM

Ok, 99% of the comments were pro-Ron, but did you see post #45??????

OH MY GOD!!!!!!

This is what Huck supporters are all about my friends. Scary stuff indeed.

"It’s Huckabee time! With the Ron Paul blimp in the air the media may ignore us in the Huckabee campaign, but rest assured we’re working as hard as we can to get him in office. God’s on our side and ready to bring us theocratic rule in this country for the first true time ever.

Pray for us as we make our way into office, and then Congress! We will finally bring the sinners of this nation to repent and I believe Huckabee is the only one capable of doing it. He has the support of our Pentacostal church and our neighboring churches in Kansas (including Westboro Baptist like my friend above, take it or leave it).

We and Westboro plan to start running independent ads soon on Huckabee’s behalf as soon as we have the money! "

— Posted by Jonathan

pikerz
12-15-2007, 09:21 PM
i laffed at that because its semi-plausible, and some ppl do think like that-- but i am reasonably certain that it was an intentionally deceptive sattire.

dsentell
12-15-2007, 09:24 PM

Yep, there are always going to be some scary ones out there . . . scary Huck supporters, scary Hillary supporters, scary Ghoul supporters, etc., etc. We can't do much to save them -- they are too far gone.

But, I was so excited to read of all the alleged converts! Hope there is some reality there . . .

Hook
12-15-2007, 09:27 PM

OH MY GOD!!!!!!

"It’s Huckabee time! With the Ron Paul blimp in the air the media may ignore us in the Huckabee campaign, but rest assured we’re working as hard as we can to get him in office. God’s on our side and ready to bring us theocratic rule in this country for the first true time ever.

Pray for us as we make our way into office, and then Congress! We will finally bring the sinners of this nation to repent and I believe Huckabee is the only one capable of doing it. He has the support of our Pentacostal church and our neighboring churches in Kansas (including Westboro Baptist like my friend above, take it or leave it).

We and Westboro plan to start running independent ads soon on Huckabee’s behalf as soon as we have the money! "

— Posted by Jonathan

Pretty sure that was satire similar to the stuff on Freddy's forums.

Proemio
12-15-2007, 09:30 PM

OH MY GOD!!!!!!

Maybe things are a bit slow on the fredthompsonforum tonight?

trey4sports
12-15-2007, 09:30 PM
its really weird guys, i spent an hour or so over on mikehuckabeeforum.com and i got freaked out! this may sound cliche but his supporters are freaks!! many of them openly despise freedom, they want everything regulated by govt. many and no im not exaggerating are openly calling for the complete wipe-out of the middle-east if they do not "embrace" christ......... every paul supporter should just go on that board (don't post) and read some posts, they are indeed scary and disturbing. it is eerily reminiscent of the Nazis persecution of the jews....

EDIT: i know many say this is a fake forum but i dont think that because of the vast amount of the same bigot rhetoric going on in that forum on top of the Dr. Paul supporters who actively engage in debate with the forum members

therealjjj77
12-15-2007, 09:34 PM
its really weird guys, i spent an hour or so over on mikehuckabeeforum.com and i got freaked out! this may sound cliche but his supporters are freaks!! many of them openly despise freedom, they want everything regulated by govt. many and no im not exaggerating are openly calling for the complete wipe-out of the middle-east if they do not "embrace" christ......... every paul supporter should just go on that board (don't post) and read some posts, they are indeed scary and disturbing. it is eerily reminiscent of the Nazis persecution of the jews....

EDIT: i know many say this is a fake forum but i dont think that because of the vast amount of the same bigot rhetoric going on in that forum on top of the Dr. Paul supporters who actively engage in debate with the forum members

Please don't go there. He doesn't need us giving his site traffic.

slantedview
12-15-2007, 09:34 PM
those comments are amazing. great stuff!

michaelwise
12-15-2007, 09:39 PM
Our mascot blimp still needs a theme song. How about this one?

Chumbawamba - Tubthumping
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Cog2cVSKYs&feature=related

Full version
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LODkVkpaVQA&feature=related

Man from La Mancha
12-15-2007, 09:40 PM
I liked this guys comment on Ron

No matter how he attacked and savaged, Paul just smiles that grandfatherly grin and returns malice with reason

quickmike
12-15-2007, 09:41 PM
i laffed at that because its semi-plausible, and some ppl do think like that-- but i am reasonably certain that it was an intentionally deceptive sattire.

Shhhhhhhh

http://www.burlingtonartcentre.on.ca/images/shhh.jpg

Jodi
12-15-2007, 09:43 PM

OH MY GOD!!!!!!

— Posted by Jonathan

Got to be a joke. Its the church of the infamous Fred Phelps. But considering Fred it may not be.

quickmike
12-15-2007, 09:45 PM
You guys need to play along with my satire of satire.:D

quickmike
12-15-2007, 09:49 PM
Funny stuff over there at Hucks forum.

Well ya'll, tomorrow is December 16th and I found out that those Ron Paul supporters are having something called a "Tea Party". I don't really see how drinking tea is going to help and it doesn't sound very American to me (sounds more like a British/Japanese thing). I have the idea of having our own party tomorrow! I suggest we have a "Wine Party" to commemorate when Jesus turned water into wine! I plan on starting to drink wine when I wake up tomorrow and won't stop until we raise at least 10 million dollars! Who else is with me?

ursamajor
12-15-2007, 10:06 PM
Seriously! Are those all legitimate comments?! They are AMAZING. Almost sound too good to be true! We are turning the tides! Let's do this! I haven't felt this jazzed in a long time. Go Ron Paul!