PDA

View Full Version : Tommorow Olbermann will call for Bush/Cheney to resign

Tuck
07-04-2007, 12:07 AM
Here is the article http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19588942/ and here is the youtube clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGYW0Wi5Jvs

torchbearer
07-04-2007, 12:13 AM
powerful words.

Rabbit
07-04-2007, 12:15 AM
This belongs in General Politics & Other ;)

cajuncocoa
07-04-2007, 12:19 AM
Very good stuff.

tsoldrin
07-04-2007, 12:19 AM
Olbermann is on my shit list and will remain there until he invites Ron Paul onto his show to discuss the destruction of our constitution.

richard1984
07-04-2007, 12:29 AM
Olbermann is on my shit list and will remain there until he invites Ron Paul onto his show to discuss the destruction of our constitution.

Same here.

Also, Olbermann pushes the political party card too hard. He's trying to make everyone turn against all "Republicans"--not recognizing the history of the party or (more importantly) Ron Paul.

BLS
07-04-2007, 12:31 AM
I'm sorry but Keith Olberman doesn't carry NEARLY enough weight to call for a resignation, and personally I think it's a joke on his part to even think he has that much weight in politics.

Don't get me wrong....GWB has screwed this country into the ground in more than one way, but Olberman's not going to get anywhere with this, other than some more media coverage, which his underlying reason.

torchbearer
07-04-2007, 12:32 AM
You have to give the man credit for being well spoken.

RohanT
07-04-2007, 12:36 AM
I see you guys shit talkin about Olbermann but I don't see any other network callin out Bush's BUllSHit.

BLS
07-04-2007, 12:42 AM
I see you guys shit talkin about Olbermann but I don't see any other network callin out Bush's BUllSHit.

Do we have an infiltrator?

Because if you have been paying attention, I'm very Conservative...but I'm also very much against this administration.

So you can take your turn shutting up.

Rabbit
07-04-2007, 12:42 AM
Olbermann will praise Ron Paul before the year's end.. :D

BLS
07-04-2007, 12:45 AM
You have to give the man credit for being well spoken.

Very much. I agree completely. My only point was that he's NOT that much of a political heavyweight (IE...he's not Rush) to ask for an impeachment. I just think it's absurd for his ego to be that big.

Again...for the last time....I hate GWB's administration. They're dead wrong on a ton of things and have screwed us over. But Olberman, IMO, is just not a big enough name to ask for this.

BLS
07-04-2007, 12:46 AM

Also...what planet have you been living on?

Other than Fox...he's been getting REAMED like an Asian Hooker in a Naval Port.

RohanT
07-04-2007, 12:52 AM
Also...what planet have you been living on?

Other than Fox...he's been getting REAMED like an Asian Hooker in a Naval Port.

Relax bambi, I wasn't talkin to you.

Punch your pillow a few times, it'll make you feel better.

richard1984
07-04-2007, 01:12 AM
First of all, there is far too much bitterness on this thread. We need to chill.

I agree that Olbermann does go farther out on the limb than probably any other MSM news anchor. But I think that in slamming Bush, he is also probably going to slam all Republicans as if they are all the same. This, of course, shows a blatant disregard for Ron Paul. He's a Republican presidential candidate, and he's probably more "against" the president than any other member of congress.

And also,

Olbermann will praise Ron Paul before the year's end.. :D

I wouldn't count on it. I fear that he is too partisan. Hopefully I'm wrong, though.

Bryan
07-04-2007, 01:29 AM
First of all, there is far too much bitterness on this thread. We need to chill.
Thank you. Yes everyone please keep it civil. :)

buffalokid777
07-04-2007, 02:36 AM
Same here.

Also, Olbermann pushes the political party card too hard. He's trying to make everyone turn against all "Republicans"--not recognizing the history of the party or (more importantly) Ron Paul.

SAME HERE!

Olbermann will go nuts on Bush....But if Hilary is PREZ?

Hillary gets elected....He'll be a bootlicker.....UNLESS HE PROVES OTHERWISE.....

I'M BETTING DEM BOOTLICKER.......

I HOPE I'M WRONG.....

I DON'T THINK I AM!

tsoldrin
07-04-2007, 02:45 AM

If you care to take the time and dig through the archives of my blog, you'll see that I was once singing Olbermann's praises. I was even cited by the now defunct 'Olbermann Watch'. Now however, after all this time, the fact that he has not had Ron Paul on his show to discuss THE most important issue... the systematic destruction of the constitution, Keith is exposed as a partisan shill. Sorry.

The Dane
07-04-2007, 03:01 AM
Mail the guy, give him a chance. :)
We will all wake up sooner or later.

Gee
07-04-2007, 03:48 AM
Olbermann has ranted against the Dem congress as well.

buffalokid777
07-04-2007, 03:53 AM
I HOPE I'M WRONG.....

Like I said......

Time Will Tell......

I haven't decided yet......just placing my bets :)

Rabbit
07-04-2007, 06:21 AM
Olbermann talks the talk from a premise of Liberty.. His explanation of Bush policy effect on the erosion of the Constitution was very eloquent and passionate.. If he comes out against RP I would have to surmise that he was a serious fake and I would be very angry at him..

'Til that time I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.. Like everyone says, we'll find out soon enough! We're gonna find out a lot here in the next 18 months..

bojo68
07-04-2007, 07:00 AM
Yeah, he's trying to sound like a factual reporter, and then comes off with the vote count swindling garbage that the left constantly regurgitates, kinda takes the bottom out from the rest of his claims.

SeekLiberty
07-04-2007, 09:56 AM
Same here.

I consider myself a "conservative" and ironically I like a lot of what Keith Olbermann says. His message in this video is true. I have never got that Keith is trying to "make everyone turn against all "Repulbicans". In this video, he said a "CORNER" of a party. That shows me he recognizes that not all Republicans are the same way.

Let's all do a write in to Keith and ask him to bring on Ron Paul.

- SL

beermotor
07-04-2007, 10:06 AM
"And George W. Bush took our assent, and re-configured it, and honed it, and shaped it to a razor-sharp point and stabbed this nation in the back with it."

Yikes... I mean, it's true, but ouch. That's gotta sting.

SeanEdwards
07-04-2007, 11:57 AM
Very much. I agree completely. My only point was that he's NOT that much of a political heavyweight (IE...he's not Rush) to ask for an impeachment. I just think it's absurd for his ego to be that big.

I don't understand your statement at all. Olbermann is a nationally televised commentator. Why shouldn't he exercise that position to state something, that in my mind is perfectly obvious? The Bush administration should resign for the good of the republic. If dubya had an ounce of respect for the republic he would have stepped aside already.

What does ego have to do with this? Are you saying that because Olbermann has a comparitively smaller audience that he should parrot the opinions of a Limbaugh who has a lot of radio listeners? I don't mean to be rude, but you are not making any sense.

SeanEdwards
07-04-2007, 12:01 PM
SAME HERE!

Olbermann will go nuts on Bush....But if Hilary is PREZ?

Hillary gets elected....He'll be a bootlicker.....UNLESS HE PROVES OTHERWISE.....

I HOPE I'M WRONG.....

I DON'T THINK I AM!

He's already proved otherwise. View this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_9e_vQ9Uvc

(It's not Rick Astley, I promise! :D )

glts
07-04-2007, 12:43 PM
I am always a skeptic but Olbermann has spoken against both parties before and you don't see that often or at all.

Dan Klaus
07-04-2007, 01:08 PM
We need to turn this guy toward Ron Paul. I think if he is truly objective, he will see the truth.

SeanEdwards
07-04-2007, 01:32 PM
We need to turn this guy toward Ron Paul. I think if he is truly objective, he will see the truth.

I don't think we need Olbermann on Paul's "side". It would be enough for MSNBC to report fairly on Paul's positions, and to let Paul speak for himself.