PDA

View Full Version : Paul nearly dead last in Iowa

Bradley in DC
07-04-2007, 12:06 AM
http://www.angus-reid.com/polls/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewItem&itemID=16376

Mitt Romney is the most popular 2008 United States presidential hopeful for Republican Party backers in Iowa, according to a poll by American Research Group. 25 per cent of likely GOP caucus voters in the Hawkeye State would back the former Massachusetts governor in 2008, up nine points since May.

Former New York City mayor Rudy Giuliani is second with 18 per cent, followed by actor and former Tennessee senator Fred Thompson with 14 per cent, and Arizona senator John McCain with 13 per cent. Support is lower for former House of Representatives speaker Newt Gingrich, Kansas senator Sam Brownback, Colorado congressman Tom Tancredo, former Arkansas governor Mike Huckabee, Nebraska senator Chuck Hagel, former Wisconsin governor Tommy Thompson, California congressman Duncan Hunter, and Texas congressman Ron Paul.

Polling Data

If the 2008 Republican presidential caucus were being held today, for whom would you vote?

Jun. 2007

May 2007

Apr. 2007

Mitt Romney

25%

16%

14%

Rudy Giuliani

18%

23%

19%

Fred Thompson

14%

6%

13%

John McCain

13%

25%

26%

Newt Gingrich

5%

8%

8%

Sam Brownback

3%

3%

1%

Tom Tancredo

1%

2%

2%

Mike Huckabee

1%

2%

2%

Chuck Hagel

1%

2%

1%

Tommy Thompson

1%

2%

1%

Duncan Hunter

1%

--

--

Ron Paul

1%

--

--

Jim Gilmore

--

1%

1%

Undecided

14%

10%

12%

ecliptic
07-04-2007, 12:20 AM
OK let's look a little closer:

About this Survey -

Survey Sponsor: American Research Group, Inc.

The American Research Group has been conducting surveys of voters since 1985.

Sample Size: 600 completed telephone interviews among a random sample of likely Republican caucus goers living in Iowa (512 Republicans and 88 no party (independent) voters).

Sample Dates: June 26-30, 2007

Margin of Error: ± 4 percentage points, 95% of the time, on questions where opinion is evenly split.

Question Wording:

If the 2008 Republican presidential caucus were being held today between (names rotated) Sam Brownback, Jim Gilmore, Rudy Giuliani, Newt Gingrich, Chuck Hagel, Mike Huckabee, Duncan Hunter, John McCain, George Pataki, Ron Paul, Mitt Romney, Tom Tancredo, Fred Thompson, and Tommy Thompson, for whom would you vote?

Would you say that you definitely plan to participate in the 2008 Republican presidential caucus, that you might participate in the 2008 Republican presidential caucus, or that you will probably not particiapte in the 2008 Republican presidential caucus?

How are "likely" republicans chosen? Based on last election perhaps? Anyone else see a big problem with that?

Groups left out by this methodology include:
• democrats switching for Paul
• republicans who didn't vote last cycle but who will return for Paul
• young new voters drawn in by Ron Paul
• the increasing numbers of people who use only a cell phone
• the increasing number of people who use voip phones such as Vonage
• people who don't use a phone at all
• people who say they won't vote but who have not yet seen the good Dr. Paul
• others?

WannaBfree
07-04-2007, 12:27 AM
Paul nearly dead last in Iowa???
You mean Paul reported as nearly last!

Akus
07-04-2007, 01:03 AM
I dont' know guys, true and accurate poll or not, people judge candidates by what they see on television, especially those who don't touch the internet, i.e. old people.

It is these polls that give our man a bad advertisement and fuel for the "I'd vote for him but he ain't gonna win" crowd.

WannaBfree
07-04-2007, 01:31 AM
I dont' know guys, true and accurate poll or not, people judge candidates by what they see on television, especially those who don't touch the internet, i.e. old people.

It is these polls that give our man a bad advertisement and fuel for the "I'd vote for him but he ain't gonna win" crowd.

Bypass the corporate media! Pass out DVDs! There are a few Ron Paul ones circulating. Filmmaker Aaron Russo has waived his copyright to America: Freedom To Fascism (for non profit only). It's on GoogleVideo as well. Turn someone on to that info and you'll probably have a new Ron Paul supporter soon.

LibertyEagle
07-04-2007, 02:07 AM
Most of the other candidates have spent far more time in Iowa than has Ron. Does anyone know if he plans on going back there soon and maybe spend a couple of days there?

buffalokid777
07-04-2007, 02:15 AM
You Can Never Believe The Corporate Media.....

Sure....they Want The 250 Million Dollar Man Mitt To Win......good For Bottom Line...bad For The United States.......

Don't Make Any Judgements Until After The Ames Straw Poll.....

If The Statistics Come In Like That After August 11th.....

Then You Can Worry.....

But Until Then......keep Your Chin Up Ron Paul Supporters!

We All Know The Msm Is Corrupt!

Akus
07-04-2007, 04:09 AM
If The Statistics Come In Like That After August 11th.....

What happens on 08/11/07?

Electrostatic
07-04-2007, 04:17 AM
What happens on 08/11/07?

Iowa straw poll.

granny miller
07-04-2007, 04:38 AM
My heavens ! Hand wringing already :p

Be of good cheer it is still very early and lots can happen.

George Washington was told that he couldn't take Trenton or defeat the greatest power on Earth, England, with a pack of raggedy farmers and tradesmen in bare feet.
But he did.

I remember when Ronald Regan was a nobody from California and Bill Clinton was......"Bill who?".....

Believe it or not politics in America is not all about who has the most money or who MSM loves.

Why not sign up over at the other thread to help call Iowa voters?

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=49626#post49626

It is more constructive than hand wringing:D

Granny Miller

LibertyEagle
07-04-2007, 04:55 AM
granny,

Yes, you're right. Thanks. I just was over on the supposedly conservative website, townhall.com and read a variety of posts by people that ranged from saying that all but the top 3 Republicans should drop out, because there was enough choice between those 3..... to people defining patriotism as backing Dubya on the war (no cut and run, don't ya know), being proud of your country and waving little flags.

I left them with a little tidbit of what I thought patriotism was and it had NOTHING to do with roasting wienies, waving little flags or following your president over a cliff. Don't you know, our Founding Fathers are rolling over in their graves today! I swear, I do not understand what is wrong with people today. Some, not only go along with the Constitution being stomped on, they CHEER.

Electrostatic
07-04-2007, 04:58 AM
No, they were rolling in their graves yesterday... Today they will be with us as we spread the Freedom message.

LibertyEagle
07-04-2007, 05:11 AM
Ok, my friend. Ok :)

paulitics
07-04-2007, 08:08 AM
He needs to release his fundraising totals to lay to rest this absurdity. There is no way he is at 1%. So libertarians, antiwar republicans, conserative democrats, don't exist. BS.

smtwngrl
07-04-2007, 08:25 AM
Granny,

Thanks for posting that! :) I just emailed for more info. It's good to be able to do something constructive.

ARealConservative
07-04-2007, 08:49 AM
every other candidate has been to Iowa at least a 5-6 times.

Ron Paul has been here twice - and both times were in Des Moines for a very very short period of time.

The truth is we can't compete if that is how the campaign is going to operate.

ecliptic
07-04-2007, 08:53 AM
It's true the polls are rigged and they do not reflect reality, but it's also good to not get an inflated perception of where this campaign stands. We have a long long way to go in an uphill battle with almost all corporate media against us. We will face repeated smear attempts, disinformation, outright lies, slander, distortions, misrepresentations, agent provocateurs, closed minds, legions of sheep accustomed to 3-second sound bites, rigged poll after rigged poll, and many other hurdles. It's not going to be easy getting our man elected.

Keepin' it real.

Akus
07-04-2007, 02:24 PM
Iowa straw poll.

'static, can you tell me what that poll is and what will be decided on that poll?
Also, I keep asking and I keep getting no answer as to, when will it be finally decided who represents Republicans come election time?

Thank you in advance for answers.

cajuncocoa
07-04-2007, 02:30 PM

That's why you gotta call 'em!

Chester Copperpot
07-04-2007, 02:31 PM
Paul nearly dead last in Iowa???
You mean Paul reported as nearly last!

EXACTLY

BuckeyeDad
07-04-2007, 02:48 PM

These are the same people that turn right around and say "Gimme 5 of the Pick 4's, 3 of the Super Lotto's, and 3 Megaballs."

LibertyEagle
07-04-2007, 03:49 PM
Instead of worrying about this, why not join the effort to call Iowans and let them know about Ron Paul? There is a concerted effort to do just this that is going on.

This is the way to turnaround this poll. Let's get busy! Please read the first post in this thread and contact them.
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=5537

Bradley in DC
07-04-2007, 03:52 PM
Instead of worrying about this, why not join the effort to call Iowans and let them know about Ron Paul? There is a concerted effort to do just this that is going on.

This is the way to turnaround this poll. Let's get busy! Please read the first post in this thread and contact them.
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=5537

Excellent! Initial feedback from the project calling the delegates (those much more politically aware and active than your regular bear): "Of those republican delegates from Iowa polled, only 6% have heard of Congress Ron Paul; After a phone call explaining Congressman Paul's message, 37% strongly favor his candidacy and either commit to voting for him or are motivated to research his candidacy. Emphasize that Ron Paul awareness and voter identification is crucial."

The future of our Republic really is in our hands.