View Full Version : Tell Your Story (short form)

12-15-2007, 07:50 PM
When I was a child, my Grandfather was the greatest hero in my life. He told me about the American Dream, about hard work, and always told me "Go to college". He told me that when I was 5. He showed me how to work on old radios, he had a bunch of them in his garage, the ones with tubes in them. I used to go over to his house on Saturdays, mow his lawn, (he always paid me) and hang out with him and watch him fix radios. My Grandfather was my hero. He was the kindest, most gentle, most honorable man, and he believed in our country. He told me that in this great country that I could even grow up to be President if I wanted.
My Grandfather passed away 30 years ago. Tomorrow, on December 16th, it will be in honor of him that I make my donation to the cause of Freedom and the American Dream. God Bless Ron Paul and God Bless America!

12-15-2007, 08:17 PM
I've always marched to the beat of a different drummer. I watched as our government sent my classmates off to die in the jungles of Vietnam, and avoided that fate myself only by having a relatively minor birth defect. I cried openly when 4 brave youths of my generation were struck down by National Guardsmen because they chose to oppose an immoral and illegal war.

I watched as thief after thief ascended to the highest office of the land, but stuck to my principles and voted my conscience election after election, including 1988, when I cast my vote for the Libertarian candidate, Dr. Ron Paul.

I heard his announcement this spring, and hope against hope, did all I could to promote him. I watched with amazement as he pwned the Ghoul, leaping into the view of liberty-lovers everywhere by speaking truth to power. As I see within grasp the freedom that has remained elusive for 40 years of my life, I celebrate that a brave and principled man who tried once before, half a lifetime ago, steps forward once again to do battle with the powers of darkness that cover our land.

I treasure the friendships I have made here with the youth of a new generation, who are stepping forward to carry the battle of Liberty forward yet again. Bless each and every one of you for understanding the message the good doctor brings.