PDA

View Full Version : The media will be watching

ronpaulitician
12-15-2007, 07:43 PM
Remember, the media will be watching the event that will start in a little more than three hours. We've reached the point where we're not just being looked at. We're now being listened to as well.

Let's make today the first day in the peaceful reliberation of these United States. Let's make this a day that will be remembered.

donttreadonme
12-15-2007, 08:17 PM
Well stated.

Alex Libman
12-15-2007, 10:39 PM
Yeah, let's all donate early. Pick a random number between 5 and 60, wait this many minutes after midnight, and then donate. (That's so the site doesn't DoS at midnight when everyone floods in their donations.)

If we beat the Nov 5th moneybomb quickly enough, it just might make the Sunday papers, and definitely the Sunday morning TV shows. We'll also need people to call into any Sunday TV / radio shows you can call into to mention this fact!

francisco
12-15-2007, 11:04 PM
Yeah, let's all donate early. Pick a random number between 5 and 60, wait this many minutes after midnight, and then donate. (That's so the site doesn't DoS at midnight when everyone floods in their donations.)

If we beat the Nov 5th moneybomb quickly enough, it just might make the Sunday papers, and definitely the Sunday morning TV shows. We'll also need people to call into any Sunday TV / radio shows you can call into to mention this fact!

My suggestion for people living west of the Eastern time zone is to wait until after midnight in their own time zone (which will be at least 1 hour later than midnight Eastern); but make sure your contribution is made before 11:59 PM Eastern.

This will:

1) Help avoid site crash from excessive hits right at 0000 (ET), the above concern of Alex.

2) Help maintain continuity of donations and a push for enthusiasm in the wee early hours Eastern time when most people in that most populated part of the country are sleeping.

For example, when I make my planned donation at 12:15 AM Pacific time, it will be 3:15 AM Eastern Time, which will likely be a slower period.

This also gives me a better shot at seeing my name. (If there are 80,000 donations in the last 18 hours of the day, each donor's name can only be shown for 1.6 seconds).

3) making sure all donations are in before 11:59 PM Eastern Time (which is before 11:59 PM in time zones to the west) ensures that all donations are counted in the FEC report for the day, which is based on Eastern time.