PDA

View Full Version : Virginia Becomes "First" State to Use Apple-Google Coronavirus App

PAF
08-06-2020, 08:03 AM
August 6, 2020

The state of Virginia has released a smartphone app to automatically notify those who might have been exposed to coronavirus, becoming the first state in the union to use a pandemic technology produced by Apple and Google.

State officials say their app won’t function properly outside of Virginia until coordinating agencies create a national server. For the moment, there are no federal plans to create a nationwide app.

Virginia’s app is called Covidwise. State officials launched a campaign urging residents to download it.

“Now, I want you all to listen to this very closely. I want to be clear, this app, Covidwise, does not — I will repeat that — does not track or store your personal information. It does not track you at all,” Virginia Governor Ralph Northam said at a news conference.

https://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/health-care/item/36622-virginia-becomes-first-state-to-use-apple-google-coronavirus-app

PAF
08-06-2020, 08:08 AM
Reminds me of Trump's FEMA alert to all privately owned cell-phones.

until coordinating agencies create a national server. For the moment, there are no federal plans to create a nationwide app.

Key words: Until, for the moment. Tyranny does not happen all of a sudden, otherwise there would be rebellion. It requires "desensitizing" the people over time.

cjm
08-06-2020, 11:10 AM
Downloading it now. Feel safer already!

Pauls' Revere
08-06-2020, 11:59 AM
Downloading it now. Feel safer already!

LOL
+rep
:D

Anti Globalist
08-06-2020, 05:17 PM
Better leave your phone at your house now. They'll use it to track and see if you're quarantining or not.

devil21
08-06-2020, 10:41 PM
If you have an Apple, the iOS framework for the tracking app was quietly installed on your phone already without your permission. It's in the Settings>Security area. It can be removed. Instructions to remove it can be found if you search. I'm not sure if it's possible to keep it off the phone.

If you have an Android, the framework for the tracking app was quietly installed on your phone already without your permission. It's in Settings>Google. There are instructions to remove it if you search. If you remove it, then immediately disable Google Play Store and the rest of the Google Play junk in Settings>Apps, the Settings>Google disappears and it won't be reinstalled unless you re-enable Play services long enough for it to reinstall. I've always had the Google Play stuff disabled and the framework was never installed.

Sneaky bastards. Like your PC, you shouldn't have any auto-update settings enabled any way.