PDA

View Full Version : Rumors are Flying High!

RickNHouston
12-15-2007, 06:02 PM
Hi, I live in Houston, a little town north of Lake Jackson, Texas where Ron Paul is from. Today about 300 members of the Houston meet-up groups were out holding banners and sign on many of our Interstate Hwy overpasses and waving at the traffic going by below us. We were getting great response from the public, lots of horn honking, headlights flashing, peace signs and lots and lots of hands and arms waving back. Occassionally there would be a car go past where the occupant had obviously never learned how to do the "peace" symbol correctly because they were only using one finger. At first I thought they were flipping us off, but then a fellow paulite explained that they were just novices at using the peace symbol, after all it was originally started back in the '60's when I was a teenager, But we won't go there! Anyway .... we were having a really great time when a groundswell of excitement and enthusiasm began to boil up and we began hearing that word had gotten out that Ron was going to attend and speak tomorrow at the "Tea Party07" celebration at the Port of Freeport, which is the coastal community that adjoins Lake Jackson, where Dr. Paul spends his weekends. Has anybody heard anything of this in the buzz of today?

Plz let me know if you have. Thats a 60 minute trip I wouldn't mind making one little bit.

ricknhouston

Dave Wood
12-15-2007, 06:05 PM
I read a confirmation of that on Dailypaul earlier...I admit, I am a little envious of you guys being so close to home down there:o

OptionsTrader
12-15-2007, 06:25 PM
Hi, I live in Houston, a little town north of Lake Jackson, Texas where Ron Paul is from. Today about 300 members of the Houston meet-up groups were out holding banners and sign on many of our Interstate Hwy overpasses and waving at the traffic going by below us. We were getting great response from the public, lots of horn honking, headlights flashing, peace signs and lots and lots of hands and arms waving back. Occassionally there would be a car go past where the occupant had obviously never learned how to do the "peace" symbol correctly because they were only using one finger. At first I thought they were flipping us off, but then a fellow paulite explained that they were just novices at using the peace symbol, after all it was originally started back in the '60's when I was a teenager, But we won't go there! Anyway .... we were having a really great time when a groundswell of excitement and enthusiasm began to boil up and we began hearing that word had gotten out that Ron was going to attend and speak tomorrow at the "Tea Party07" celebration at the Port of Freeport, which is the coastal community that adjoins Lake Jackson, where Dr. Paul spends his weekends. Has anybody heard anything of this in the buzz of today?

Plz let me know if you have. Thats a 60 minute trip I wouldn't mind making one little bit.

ricknhouston

I also heard from multiple sources at the highway 59 sign wave tonight in Houston, TX that RP will be at the Freeport, TX rally tomorrow, at the docks of Western Seafood where meetup groups have organized a Boston Tea Party re-enactment Party right on the water near Western Seafood in Freeport, TX. Myself, the wife, and perhaps my brother and sister in law are going to make the drive down to Freeport, TX tomorrow from the Houston area.

By the way, the honk/wave/lights flashing to noise ratio was MUCH higher today at the highway 59 sign wave/banner display than it was just a few weeks ago.

He's catchin' on I'm tellin' ya :D