PDA

View Full Version : A message for your friends, your family, your relatives

jenius
12-15-2007, 05:32 PM
I'm sending this e-mail to everyone in my e-mail address book at midnight on December 15th (also known as zero hundred, December 16th). Feel free to use it if you wish, but I certainly recommend you send a similar message to all of your friends and relatives as well.

I will also likely be sending a similar message to every one of my Facebook friends. If you don't have time to sit down and right something out, again feel free to use this to get the word out.

My grandma used to enjoy it when I'd make up something to mass spam everyone on my contacts list with. Too bad she's not around this season to enjoy this one.

If it bothers you that your country remains mired in nearly the fifth year of a war that its leaders chose to participate in, a war that we've now been involved in longer than we were involved in World Wars I or II, please consider donating to the Ron Paul campaign on December 16th, 2007. Ron Paul believes that the pursuit of nation building in Middle Eastern countries and around the world is destructive to U.S. security by breeding more resentment towards the U.S., and as a result, more terrorists in countries where terrorism has not historically originated, and more difficulty negotiating diplomatically abroad due to unnecessary use of U.S. military force to achieve political objectives.

If it bothers you that the U.S. dollar is devaluing at a rate not seen in more than thirty years due to inflation, and is now worth less than the once-aptly named looney (no offense, Canadians), Canada's currency which has been worth approximately 25% less than the American dollar for most of the years I've been alive, please consider donating to the Ron Paul campaign on December 16th, 2007. Ron Paul believes the federal reserve is very much accountable for the rate of inflation in this country, by printing more currency every time it lowers interest rates to assuage the current credit crunch our nation is facing. Ron Paul wants to curb the federal reserve's ability to create housing bubbles and mass inflation by legalizing competing currencies such as gold and silver. He wants an official audit of the Federal Reserve to help restore checks and balances to a private bank that the government tried to institutionalize in 1913, but has since held it accountable to no other authority, unlike the system of checks and balances that keeps the rest of our government from running amuck.

If it bothers you that Civil liberties have been eroded over the past six years in our nation under the guise of national security, first through the ironically named Patriot Act, then through unconstitutional NSA wiretapping, and, most recently, through the Violent Radicalization and Homegrown Terrorism Prevention Act of 2007, which contains such nebulous and unspecific language as to allow the federal government to declare criminal any movement which might upset the national status quo, regardless of violent intentions or violent actions, please consider donating to Ron Paul's campaign on December 16th, 2007. Ron Paul voted against the Patriot Act when it was introduced. He would restore habeus corpus and reaffirm the nation's stance against torture, for he understands that a strong defense of individual rights is the heart of every free nation.

If it bothers you that the national debt has more than tripled since 2000, and stands now at more than nine trillion dollars, and climbing at nearly 2 billion dollars a day, a bill which many Americans already write off as one we'll never be able to pay off, please consider donating to Ron Paul's campaign on December 16th, 2007. As a congressman, Ron Paul has never voted for an unbalanced budget, and as President he would curb Federal spending by ending the war in Iraq as soon as possible, and save hundreds of billions of dollars each year by closing many of the unnecessary foreign military bases we have around the world and bring those troops home. I suppose one could counter that nine trillion dollars isn't so much if you point out how badly the currency has deflated since 2000, but it's still an incomprehensibly hefty wad of fiat cash.

If it bothers you that the executive brance of the Federal government, and the Federal government as a whole, have steadily increased their power and influence over the past few years, by enacting laws and legislation which limit states' rights to make their own laws and by attacking the rights of individuals to live their lives as they choose, please consider donating to Ron Paul on December 16th, 2007. Ron Paul believes that the federal government should not legislate morality when it comes to issues such as smoking, abortion or gay marriage (i.e., actions which do not infringe on the legal rights of others, a principle Constitutionally established), and wants power returned to the states by eliminating the federal income tax. Ron Paul wants to limit the President's authority to conduct endless military operations without declaring war, a law that was first enacted by Congress in order to enable the Vietnam War - another war that was never officially declared.

All other problems aside, a nine trillion dollar federal deficit, and endless wars against unspecified enemies, are the problems that my generation is going to be facing for the rest of our lives. We might not feel it yet because there is no draft (unless you're in the national guard), or because China continues to loan us money to finance our wars, or because the economy has not yet crashed, but it is clear that the results of our current government policies are going to further cripple our nation for many years to come. And grasping for answers, we may wont to blame illegal immigrants, or corporations, or special interests in Washington for the crippling of our ability to improve our lives or our world, but the real blame will lie only in the fact that we have had the opportunity to see it coming and have not yet acted to correct the mistakes of those to whom we've trust our votes.

December 16th, 1773 is the day colonists in America openly revolted against the government for taxing its people without the interests of those people as its priority.

December 16th, 2007, is the day we rememembered it.

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/
http://www.ronpaulishope.com/