PDA

View Full Version : Wal-Marx requires masks

tod evans
07-15-2020, 12:28 PM
From Drudge;

Walmart to require all US customers to wear masks

https://thehill.com/business-a-lobbying/507431-walmart-to-require-all-customers-to-wear-masks

Walmart announced on Wednesday it will require shoppers to wear a face covering starting on July 20 in all stores and clubs across the U.S.

The move by the nation's largest retailer comes as coronavirus cases have surged in various states including Texas, California and Florida.

Walmart noted that currently about 65 percent of its more than 5,000 stores and clubs are located in areas where there is some form of government mandate on face coverings. The new policy is in place to help bring consistency, the company said.

“While we’re certainly not the first business to require face coverings, we know this is a simple step everyone can take for their safety and the safety of others in our facilities,” Dacona Smith, Walmart U.S. chief operating officer, and Lance de la Rosa, Sam’s Club chief operating officer, wrote in a press release.

Walmart created a health ambassador position for each store and will station them near the entrance of stores, along with clear signage, to remind people without a mask of the policy. The ambassadors will receive special training and be identifiable by black polo shirts.

The company added that the ambassador will work with customers who show up at the store without a covering to try to find a solution, and it is currently considering different solutions for customers for when this takes effect.

Stores will also have a single entrance, the company said. Sam’s Club branches will have associates at entrances to remind customers of the policy as well.

“We know it may not be possible for everyone to wear a face covering. Our associates will be trained on those exceptions to help reduce friction for the shopper and make the process as easy as possible for everyone,” Smith and de la Rosa wrote.

shakey1
07-15-2020, 12:47 PM
https://otarionista.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/walmarx.jpeg

Anti Globalist
07-15-2020, 01:37 PM
Guess I won't be going into any of their businesses, even though I was already doing that before this whole mask nonsense began.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
07-15-2020, 01:39 PM
Their own white trash and monkey customers will be the enforcers.

enhanced_deficit
07-15-2020, 01:54 PM
Such Trump approach is way better than Karl Marx/communism type mandates.

First lady Melania Trump urges Americans to wear masks, social distance even during summer months (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?547893-First-lady-Melania-Trump-urges-Americans-to-wear-masks-social-distance&)

PAF
07-15-2020, 02:07 PM
Walmarts around here have been doing that for months.

Mandatory masks
Lines around the building
One way isles
Wipe every counter and self-checkout after each and every use
Dedicated employees spraying down and wiping each and every buggy from the top down to and including the wheels

I went one time early on and it looked like I was literally in an alternate universe. I have never seen so many panic stricken-people. And boy do they defend Government Almighty, to the point that I get disgusting comments and flipped the middle finger most everywhere I go.

emazur
07-15-2020, 02:20 PM
Costco has had mandatory masks since the beginning. I've mostly avoided going there b/c of it

Ender
07-15-2020, 02:34 PM
Walmarts around here have been doing that for months.

Mandatory masks
Lines around the building
One way isles
Wipe every counter and self-checkout after each and every use
Dedicated employees spraying down and wiping each and every buggy from the top down to and including the wheels

I went one time early on and it looked like I was literally in an alternate universe. I have never seen so many panic stricken-people. And boy do they defend Government Almighty, to the point that I get disgusting comments and flipped the middle finger most everywhere I go.

Masks were never obligated where I'm at- be interesting to see if this remains.

familydog
07-15-2020, 02:41 PM
Unfortunately, those of us in rural areas depend on Walmart for organic, non-GMO and clean foods that other stores in the area won't carry. Fortunately, those of us in rural areas do not care what is mandated or not.

07-15-2020, 02:53 PM
It's for show, the stores don't actually stop you from entering. Lots of stores around here both local and national have the mandatory mask signs. I just walk in anyway, nobody has stopped me.

Michael Landon
07-15-2020, 04:55 PM
Good. Now they won't know who I am. I'm loving this new system of mask wearing. I've been waiting YEARS for it to be socially acceptable for me to cover my face in public. I have a really nice mask that I wear, along with my sunglasses, that make the cameras useless.

- ML

sparebulb
07-15-2020, 05:33 PM
Good.

Haven't been to the Walmarx for years now.

If everyone were like me, the Walmarx would be gone in a month and then we could see what a free market can produce to fill the void.

tod evans
07-15-2020, 05:35 PM
Hopefully the Mom-n-Pop stores will thrive.

RonZeplin
07-15-2020, 06:18 PM
https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia2.s-nbcnews.com%2Fj%2Fnewscms%2F2020_21%2F3360451%2F20 0521-donald-trump-mask-low-quality-cover-ac-945p_d1a9995dbd5e1ae48fdfa5715b4e4d18.nbcnews-fp-1200-630.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Chicom gov approved for WalMarx shopping.

CCTelander
07-15-2020, 06:20 PM
WalMarx can kiss my hairy white ass.