PDA

View Full Version : donating vs buying from the store?

Calimobber
12-15-2007, 04:33 PM
I keep hearing that if u buy merchandise from ronpaul2008.com is the same as donating . So my question is will my buying make the counter go up still and will it be as much as the shirt i buy from the site. so donating 20 bucks vs buying a 20 dollar shirt?

terryp
12-15-2007, 04:52 PM
I have heard that purchases at the official site is the same thing as donating online. If you need a
tshirt might as well get it tomorrow along with stickers, signs and stuff while you are paying shipping.

piotr1
12-15-2007, 05:23 PM
The campaign store is a rip off, and they don't even make money on any of the stuff except for clothing. The guy that runs the store is making all the loot and is getting paid a salary too. Plus most things are way overpriced.

Better to buy somewhere else cheap and donate the difference.

Oh and shipping takes like 2 weeks, and there is a good chance they will mess up your order.

Jobarra
12-15-2007, 05:37 PM
The campaign store is a rip off, and they don't even make money on any of the stuff except for clothing. The guy that runs the store is making all the loot and is getting paid a salary too. Plus most things are way overpriced.

Better to buy somewhere else cheap and donate the difference.

Oh and shipping takes like 2 weeks, and there is a good chance they will mess up your order.
You will of course provide proof that the campaign makes nothing on the campaign store right? Because the site lists that if you've already donated $2300, you need to call for special pricing so that you do not exceed your donations.

I know I'll be ordering stuff tomorrow. Like a complete set of all the collectible pins. And some clothing. And probably some slim jims and other stuff. I imagine $10 spent on slim jims from the store and handing them out will be worth WAY more than that $10 to the campaign. Or a bumper sticker and a pack of slim jims.