PDA

View Full Version : Wait a min? Voice Actors QUIT Because They Voiced Non-White Characters? really

AngryCanadian
06-28-2020, 06:01 PM
So it appears that crazy American hollywood and entertainment industry had decided that white actors cant voice Non-White Characters because those characters are note white characters?

The last time i thought of this. This is a racist motion set out by hollywood and entertainment industry and if anything the worst of it stereotyping i highly doubt this is what black voice actors want let alone poc want:rolleyes:

This is basically them saying "Well you are a black voice actor that means you cant voice a white character you should voice your own"
This would hurt voice actors like the ones from of god of war.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H30ydojdbuc

What this crazies are doing is nothing more then real racism and stereotyping at the very worst.

Anti Globalist
06-28-2020, 07:22 PM
Does this mean they'll be getting a dog to do the voice of Brian from Family Guy going by their logic?

misterx
06-28-2020, 10:19 PM
So they're going to change Star Wars again, and remove James Earl Jones?

AngryCanadian
06-28-2020, 10:34 PM
So they're going to change Star Wars again, and remove James Earl Jones?

A lot of black users on twitter are not happy about this one either it seems.

fedupinmo
06-29-2020, 04:50 AM
I wonder if this will transcend into black actors refusing to portray characters that were traditiinally white... :rolleyes:

tod evans
06-29-2020, 05:01 AM
I wonder if this will transcend into black actors refusing to portray characters that were traditiinally white... :rolleyes:

Racist

Warrior_of_Freedom
06-29-2020, 06:43 AM
What does a black voice sound like? Yes it's a trap.

AngryCanadian
06-29-2020, 08:50 AM
What does a black voice sound like? Yes it's a trap.

What these voice actors are doing is opening a can of worms and a dangerous one. This is stereotyping. Its no different from what hollywood was doing by stereotyping Japanese with Chinese actors.

fedupinmo
06-29-2020, 05:28 PM
What these voice actors are doing is opening a can of worms and a dangerous one. This is stereotyping. Its no different from what hollywood was doing by stereotyping Japanese with Chinese actors.

I'm just glad they stopped doing that and found Japanese (Australians) to do the job.

https://media.tenor.co/images/a34c8756f505c74e384861ca015d9e11/raw