View Full Version : Preparations for a Tea Party

12-15-2007, 03:40 PM
Article about our preparations for the Lincoln, Nebraska Tea Party rally:

Reflecting on the fact that I've never marked the 16th of December before with anything but a passing notice, this year is particularly significant. The 234th Anniversary of the Boston Tea Party will not be idly dismissed this season with merely a passing notice. The Ron Paul Revolution has brought meaning back to a day which has lost its historical significance, in a slightly-less-corny fashion than Bill Pullman brought back the meaning of Independence Day in 1996. Fortunately we're not being attacked by aliens in this case (at least, one might point out, not the kind from outer space).

After $4.3 million was raised for the Ron Paul campaign in a single day on November 5, 2007, the date chosen for the next money bomb was December 16th, by almost unanimous approval. And now, thousands of online and print advertisements across the U.S. and around the world later, we are twelve hours away from the anticipated event, which hopes to bring in $10 million for Ron Paul's campaign, and untold millions in free advertising because of the event itself, which hopes to blow away every other political fund raiser in history, including the $6.2 million Hillary Clinton raised on June 30th, 2007.

I'm working with the UNL Student MeetUp group to host a Rally at the State Capitol on December 16, which will coincide with both the official grassroots money bomb and a number of events around the nation and around the world, including (but not limited to):

# The Strausbourg, France Tea Party
# Boston, MA, with a possible appearance by the Ron Paul Blimp.
# All of the following cities listed in this thread.

For our part, we've made sure that Lincoln, NE is joining the Revolution as well. When Ron Paul came to Council Bluffs on December 11th, we were able to get the Iowa chair of the Ron Paul campaign to plug our event in front of more than 600 excited Paul supporters:

I'm hoping for a good turnout. We're also hoping the steps of the State Capitol are already scooped, but we'll have snow shovels handy just in case.

If you want to comment, check out the article at the link in my signature.