PDA

View Full Version : This is indicative of a problem.

Noble
12-15-2007, 03:33 PM
Edit : I read over the official letter again... nevermind.

The official campaign sent a letter out today asking for donations.

This is SO out of step with the tea party that it verges on being an actual problem.

They KNOW the tea party will be big, why don't they even acknowledge it?

It seems like mismanagement to me.

What can we do to foster better cooperation between the official campaign and the actual campaign (grassroots) ?

fedup100
12-15-2007, 03:34 PM
?? No it isn't they are just fishing for more donations.

awigo50
Dude... we made only 53,000 today.... that's not all that much...

newbitech
because that is what campaigns do man. relax ok?

greves
*OOPS*

Question answered after reading mail. Scroll down for answer.

0zzy
12-15-2007, 03:35 PM
How thrilling too are all the great Independent efforts in this cause, involving so many tens of thousands of patriots. Of course, since they are Independent, the election laws to do not allow me to coordinate with them in any way. But I will mention that this Sunday, I am really going to enjoy my tea at a party!

I don't even think you have to read in between the lines for that one.

newmedia4ron
12-15-2007, 03:35 PM
they don't want to associate their actions with ours

lots of our projects are probably not even legal

end of story

Original_Intent
12-15-2007, 03:37 PM
They mention the tea party if you read it - they have to keep it subtle.

This was a great REMINDER email if you bother to read it.

TheNewYorker
They want to hit 12 mil BEFORE the teaparty, that's why they did this.

pacelli

This is SO out of step with the tea party that it verges on being an actual problem.

What can we do to foster better cooperation between the official campaign and the actual campaign (grassroots) ?

Dr. Paul sent out the email- why don't you ask him? Don't blame the campaign with "mismanagement" when the good doctor was the individual authoring and signing the email. He mentioned tomorrow in the email. He got about as close as possible without officially endorsing it. He is a smart man, and I think he knows what he is doing.

Noble
12-15-2007, 03:38 PM
Of course, since they are Independent, the election laws to do not allow me to coordinate with them in any way.

Oh, I didn't even read those lines, let alone read between them. ;)

acmegeek
12-15-2007, 03:38 PM
OK, you must not have read the letter... Two things to consider. First is that our Dr. Paul mentioned:

Of course, since they are Independent, the election laws to do not allow me to coordinate with them in any way. But I will mention that this Sunday, I am really going to enjoy my tea at a party!

And second, not everyone checks their email constantly like we do. I'd wager strongly that many people won't read it till later today (Saturday) and many will read it tomorrow (the Tea Party).

I understand the enthusiasm, but realize that if we are to trust Dr. Paul with running our country, let us trust him to run and hire a winning campaign team. Any negativity on our part suggesting that his team doesn't know what they are doing truly undermines our stated passion to have him run the country.

Seriously, don't waste time on something negative. Instead spend that time on something positive!

Original_Intent
12-15-2007, 03:42 PM
They want to hit 12 mil BEFORE the teaparty, that's why they did this.

I think this is a misinterpretation.

Breaking $12 million early tomorrow will shatter the record. A hundred thousand or 2 today isn't going to hurt the tea party, but a half a million is a significant chunk.

Ron Paul Fan
12-15-2007, 03:43 PM
When you say it's really stupid of them to send out the email, you're calling Ron Paul stupid because he sent out the email. The people donating today are probably those who DID NOT KNOW about the Tea Party. The email explicitly says that there's something happening tomorrow. Dr. Paul will enjoy his tea tomorrow and it will be a big day. You guys fret over so many petty things it's ridiculous!

promagma
12-15-2007, 03:44 PM
For those who *have* heard of the tea party, this is a friendly reminder. For those who never heard of the tea party, they will miss the subtle reminder, and may choose to donate today or tommorow, whenever they check their email.

Either way, no money taken away from the Tea Party.

yongrel
12-15-2007, 03:45 PM
This is indicative of a problem.

The problem is reading comprehension.

schmeisser
12-15-2007, 03:48 PM
For those who *have* heard of the tea party, this is a friendly reminder. For those who never heard of the tea party, they will miss the subtle reminder, and may choose to donate today or tommorow, whenever they check their email.

Either way, no money taken away from the Tea Party.

Donation Darwinism :D

There are some people that know about the tea party that still aren't evolved enough to read the email. Or perhaps they are on Rudy's email list instead :eek:

Just Come Home
12-15-2007, 03:50 PM

i wish idiots who dont understand the law would shut up about how they think the campaign should operate...

the campaign just gave us a wink and a nudge nudge for those out there too clueless to understand what's going on around them...

Quit criticizing the campaign for your lack of knowledge.

JenHarris
12-15-2007, 03:56 PM
Also every time they send out an email we have a donation spike that lasts about 1.5 days.

pacelli
12-15-2007, 03:57 PM
When you say it's really stupid of them to send out the email, you're calling Ron Paul stupid because he sent out the email. The people donating today are probably those who DID NOT KNOW about the Tea Party. The email explicitly says that there's something happening tomorrow. Dr. Paul will enjoy his tea tomorrow and it will be a big day. You guys fret over so many petty things it's ridiculous!

Exactly. +1

According to ronpaulgraphs, the average daily donor number is 1,779. Total donors today - 680.

The graph is spiking because of the email that Dr. Paul sent out a few hours ago.

I wonder, with all of these threads being posted about today's donations, is the teaparty more important to some people than Dr. Paul's campaign? Have some lost focus of what this is all about?

Headlines and free press are important- but 50,000 - 60,000 less tomorrow isn't going to make a difference in the headlines. There are a number of news stories about Nov 5 reporting the total as 4.2 million, some posting 4.3 million, and some posting more. It is clear to me, at least, that what matters to the press is the number of millions.

We're doing this for our freedom, and for the future of our children. Any money that goes to Dr. Paul's campaign is helpful for this cause. I know it is easy to rally around tomorrow, almost fervently so-- I know that I am not donating until 12:10am -- but I think we should all be happy that Dr. Paul is at least getting close to the average daily total for today.

Beating people up on these forums over donations made today isn't helpful. There is no proof that people on these forums are intentionally disregarding the teaparty. There are a number of posts made today hypothesizing that today's donations are likely from people who don't belong to these forums but are on the official campaign's email list.