PDA

View Full Version : Tool releases Vicarious video...

isufferfromronpaulfever
12-15-2007, 03:30 PM
What does this have to do with Ron Paul? In case you've never heard of Tool, they are a rock band that has been around since the early '90's (along with Nirvana, Pearl Jam, RHCP, etc). They have been far less mainstream however, their music portrays philosophies to that of Dr. Paul. More-so than that of any band I know. In fact, they also have a MASSIVE following or intelligent people, much like Ron supporters.

They just released this artistic music video which is a pure example of the power of thinking.

Here is a link to the video and my interpretation... it goes hand in hand with what's been going on today:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXBPAj8OQX4

Think for yourself!

The main creature represents the physical self. A body. The sperm looking creatures are the thoughts, feelings, and senses of being, or the conscious. The Sun is the light, the truth, the reason. The 3-tentacle creature is the system. The glass is the lies. The bee represents the unthoughtful drones (or beings that can't think for themselves) that feed into system.

The main creature (the self) can see through the (thinking?) glass. He can put himself through the glass. He sees things in a different light. He is able to think.

The bee (unthinking drone) just lives. It can't see through the glass. Can't look past it. Can't think. Just creates more generations of useful idiots.

The self looks towards the Sun and it's inner self. It searches. When it finds the medium, when it is able to think for itself, it becomes the most powerful force on earth. It realizes that it actually lives while "the whole world..." dies.

kushaze
12-15-2007, 03:31 PM
Tool is my favorite band.

jondisx
12-15-2007, 03:46 PM
omg ive been waiting for EVER, go tool!

Young_Apprentice
12-15-2007, 04:04 PM
I like that video, but for me nothing is as powerful as this one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hglVqACd1C8&feature=related

AtomiC
12-15-2007, 04:07 PM
Tool is my favorite band as well! They are very political also, listen to the lyrics.