PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Needs Wisconsin Delegates!

Galileo Galilei
12-15-2007, 03:22 PM
Ron Paul Needs Wisconsin Delegates!

Ron Paul is leading the GOP in fund-raising and is moving up in the polls. He needs 32 solid supporters to represent him from Wisconsin at the national Republican convention.

He also needs additional support so the these 32 representatives can be elected at the local level to be statewide delegates.

Time is running out to do this.

If you want to help and get involved....

PLEASE

1) get a membership to the Republican Party of Wisconsin ASAP

2) contact your local Republican Party for details

3) go to the next Republican meeting and learn about the Caucus system

Republican Party of Wisconsin Official Website:

http://www.wisgop.org/Home.aspx

kushaze
12-15-2007, 03:25 PM
When is the deadline? Is it best to call or should I just fill out the form on the internet and wait for them to send me information?

Jwaksman
12-17-2007, 07:43 PM
I have tried to contact the meet-up group to no avail.... do we still need delegates for Dane County?

I talked to someone at the state election board and they said that I can switch my voter registration to Wisconsin (I live in Madison, but am currently registered to vote in New York). But I'm only going to switch my vote to Wisconsin if I'm needed as a delegate.

So... do we need another Dane County delegate?

Galileo Galilei
12-18-2007, 10:48 AM
I have tried to contact the meet-up group to no avail.... do we still need delegates for Dane County?

I talked to someone at the state election board and they said that I can switch my voter registration to Wisconsin (I live in Madison, but am currently registered to vote in New York). But I'm only going to switch my vote to Wisconsin if I'm needed as a delegate.

So... do we need another Dane County delegate?

call Adam Bachman at 608-455-1650. He is the Dane County meet-up leader.

Jwaksman
12-18-2007, 11:01 AM
Yeah, I have e-mailed with Adam. In the last two days I have:

A) Switched my voter registration from New York to Wisconsin
B) Signed up (and paid one year's worth of dues) for the Dane County GOP
C) E-mailed the head of the county GOP about becoming a precinct captain (still waiting to hear back whether that position is held, or if it's open).

I'll see how it goes...

Galileo Galilei
12-18-2007, 05:37 PM
Yeah, I have e-mailed with Adam. In the last two days I have:

A) Switched my voter registration from New York to Wisconsin
B) Signed up (and paid one year's worth of dues) for the Dane County GOP
C) E-mailed the head of the county GOP about becoming a precinct captain (still waiting to hear back whether that position is held, or if it's open).

I'll see how it goes...

That's good. Another local republican who can help you is K*i*m B*a*b*l*e*r. His cell is 2*7*9-8*0*2*5.

LFOD
12-20-2007, 11:10 PM
Ok I'm new to all this so I'm trying to understand the process. In Wisconsin, aren't delegates required to vote for the winner of the districts? And then the additional delegates are required to go towards the state winner? If that's the case, why is it important to have Ron Paul supportes as delegates? Please explain, thanks!

LFOD
12-21-2007, 01:02 PM
Ok I'm new to all this so I'm trying to understand the process. In Wisconsin, aren't delegates required to vote for the winner of the districts? And then the additional delegates are required to go towards the state winner? If that's the case, why is it important to have Ron Paul supportes as delegates? Please explain, thanks!

I'm hoping someone can answer this definitively for me. Otherwise I'm going on the idea that getting Ron Paul delegates don't really matter in Wisconsin. Which is fine with me, I'd rather focus on vote getting. I'm gearing up for grassoots campaigning, I want to have good info. thanks!

Jwaksman
12-23-2007, 04:25 PM
I want to sign up for the district caucus as a delegate... but how does that work? Can anybody be a delegate if they pay the fee? Does anybody know the rules at all??

Who is the head of grassroots in Wisconsin?

Heather in WI
12-26-2007, 09:06 AM
"A candidate receiving a plurality of the votes in the Presidential Primary in any Congressional District is entitled to control the three (3) delegates and the three (3) alternate delegates from that district in all votes for nomination for President of the United States and Vice-President of the United States, unless the delegates and alternate delegates are released by the candidate or the candidate fails to receive at least one-third (1/3) of the total votes cast in any vote for nomination."

I believe that if Ron Paul receives less than 33% of the total votes, the delegates are up for grabs. This is absolutely possible -- no candidate is above 33% in any poll.

Heather in WI
12-26-2007, 09:07 AM
I want to sign up for the district caucus as a delegate... but how does that work? Can anybody be a delegate if they pay the fee? Does anybody know the rules at all??

Who is the head of grassroots in Wisconsin?

You should join our Meetup! http://ronpaul.meetup.com/1516

Jwaksman
12-26-2007, 10:16 AM
You should join our Meetup! http://ronpaul.meetup.com/1516

I joined the Dane County meetup. But I'm in New York for Christmas Break... I'll be back in Wisconsin in around 2-3 weeks.