PDA

View Full Version : Please comment on "Huckacide" article -

GunnyFreedom
12-15-2007, 03:17 PM
Nobody but 2-3 people out of 174 comments even mention Ron Paul

http://www.townhall.com/columnists/Column2.aspx?UrlTitle=huckacide&ns=RichLowry&dt=12/13/2007

A lot of these people love Romney and Giuliani, also a lot of Hucks Army here. Writers and arguers are needed here!

GunnyFreedom
12-15-2007, 05:29 PM
I asked people to "Google Ron Paul" at this article, and here is the response I got:

daddy o writes: Saturday, December, 15, 2007 4:44 PM
On Ron Paul
Why google him when we already listened to him on the debates. He had his shot. He's not going to fly. Sorry.

Here is my response:

Daddy O writes:

"Why google him when we already listened to him on the debates. He had his shot. He's not going to fly. Sorry."

Ahh yes, because you watched a total cumulative of 10 minutes worth of airtime, wherein he was asked a few completely irrelevant questions (as compared to the other candidates who were not only asked more relevant questions, but given an order of magnitude more airtime) now you think you know everything you need to know about him. Do Americans no longer make an effort to understand the records and the positions of the people they elect?

No, you insinuate that I am stupid because I spent the effort to research ALL of the candidates prior to deciding who to support, and that YOU are the voice of reason because YOU make your decisions based on who the media allows to have the best 30 second sound bite!

It is "sound bite politics" that gave us Clinton and Bush in the first place! People complain about "politics as usual" but do you bother changing the 'electorate as usual'? no! Wake up people, don't choose your next president based on 30 second sound bites, DO REAL RESEARCH to find out where every politician stands, and whether their record reflect their stated stances. If you bother to actually spend the effort to research (and not just vote based on who is the "prettiest" or whatever) you will clearly se that the only person who cares about the people and has the record to back it up is Ron Paul.

But one lone voice in the wilderness?

Why do we sing for the choir all day long, but then when there is an opportunity to speak to people who do not currently support Ron Paul we sit back silently and do or say nothing?

???

GunnyFreedom
12-15-2007, 06:04 PM
Huckabee's Army is spamming the comments section here. Where are Ron Paul's people?

thisisgiparti
12-15-2007, 06:29 PM
Huck needs some warm soapy water and a razor... to shave! what a bum!

joelfarm
12-15-2007, 09:23 PM
While townhall.com might apear to be a 'freethought' type of forum, I know from past expierience with it, that they are rabid neo-cons. I remember back in '95 & early '96 I was an active poster on that site and was railing against illegal immigrants. I got banned from the sitebecause I got into some pretty heated dialogs with some on it. This was back when being against open-borders was thought of as racist, anti-buisness, etc. I went back to it after your posting on this thread and checked it out. Just like Rudy Guiliani and the rest of the rat pack have done, it appears they have done a complete 180 on THAT issue. But I assure you, they are identical to MSM when it comes to discussing Dr. Paul. I don't know how often you post on it when talking about RP, but I realized when I was on it back then, that posts would sometimes dissapear. Has it happened to you?