PDA

View Full Version : What Ron Paul Gave me for my Birthday

llamabread
07-03-2007, 08:10 PM
Well, I turned 16 today. Not alot of hopla, as thats not my style, but I did get my favorite birthday present ever, from none other than Ron Paul. My sister sent him a letter, and Dr. No sent back a very nice photo (high quality, not just some Walgreens thing), signed by the Dr. It reads...

To Theo Roth,

In the cause of Liberty

Ron Paul

I personally love it. I can see myself in seventy years still having it on my desk, reminding me of how things should be.

P.S. My hate for government bureaucracy also grew today, after I got the the DMV to take my Drivers test. Here's the rundown

6:20- Arrive at DMV
7:00- All slots for Drivers test full
8:00- DMV opens
8:10- Test giver arrives, we are seated
9:00- Paperwork processed
10:00- Sent out to my car
10:30- Instructor comes to car to give test
10:45- Finish test, find out I failed because I made a wide right turn

But the picture I got made me all happy inside:D , so I'm not too angry.

CJLauderdale4
07-03-2007, 08:15 PM
See, this is why we have government regulation of the roads!!
It's people like you that would get us all killed!!

Just kidding. I failed my first time too, but it was the written crap on the insurance laws of the state (WTF!! At 15, my parents were paying that!!). Insurance laws - another racket!!

What pissed me off the most is that I had a 99 in drivers-ed. How did I get an A in drivers-ed, and not pass the test!??!?!? Came back 1 week later and aced it.

LibertyEagle
07-03-2007, 08:25 PM
You'll pass it the next time llama. Happy Birthday!

Spirit of '76
07-03-2007, 08:29 PM
Happy birthday! http://ronpaulforums.com/gfx_RedWhiteBlue/icons/icon14.gif

Sorry to hear about the test, but you'll get it next time. :)

Scribbler de Stebbing
07-03-2007, 08:35 PM
Great birthday! I am so jealous. At least he didn't sign it, "To Mary Jane." (Do I have to explain the joke?)

When we see you driving to the Iowa Straw Poll in a few weeks, we'll be sure to give you a few extra feet on your left.

WannaBfree
07-03-2007, 08:40 PM
I personally love it. I can see myself in seventy years still having it on my desk, reminding me of how things should be.

...on your desk in the Oval Office?;)

Congratulations on getting the picture. And Happy Birthday!:)

amonasro
07-03-2007, 09:18 PM
Nice present, I'm jealous!

Ack, the driver test instructor got ME on the wide right turn too. It sucks, but honestly it's a law no one cares about :)

BW4Paul
07-03-2007, 10:14 PM
Happy Birthday to you! :D

Sorry to hear about the driver's test (:( ), but I'm sure you'll pass next time. I failed on my first time, too, because I "didn't scan the parking lot properly." Buggers.

Ah well, at least you got a fantastic present from the Good Doctor. :cool: