PDA

View Full Version : Military supports McCain- Endorsed by Over 100 Retired Admirals and Generals

colecrowe
12-15-2007, 02:21 PM
http://www.johnmccain.com/Informing/News/PressReleases/8313996a-5d94-4fd6-8cd4-43a9947afd28.htm

colecrowe
12-15-2007, 02:23 PM
80% of my military buddies support Ron Paul. That's all I'm gonna say.

integrity
12-15-2007, 02:23 PM
War mongers love McCain! big News.......

angrydragon
12-15-2007, 02:24 PM
I'm not surprised, while the foot soldiers support Ron Paul.

RedLightning
12-15-2007, 02:39 PM
Admirals and Generals don't actually have to fight on the front lines.

TheNewYorker
12-15-2007, 02:42 PM

Correct, and at the next debate, if McCain brings this up, Ron Paul needs to say exactly that.

nullvalu
12-15-2007, 02:52 PM
"Just let us win"

what a bunch of absolute bull shit.

colecrowe
12-15-2007, 03:07 PM
What do you want to bet that every one of these guys donates 2300 to McCain? That would be $230,000 in military donations for him. I do not think there is any way ron paul will get half of that. So the support from military angle is gone, in a very bad way for Paul. I bet the McCain machine has been doing absolutely everything they can to get these guys. Paul has nothing like that. Too bad.

I was very worried about that--it was only a taunt to the much more powerful machines of the other candidates when that kept getting aired. I bet all the "top tier" repubs actually beat us by a mile this quarter on that count.

CurtisLow
12-15-2007, 03:08 PM
http://www.johnmccain.com/Informing/News/PressReleases/8313996a-5d94-4fd6-8cd4-43a9947afd28.htm

Why do you bring this crap up?

We all know RP gets the most donations from the military.

Oops This is the RP forum not JM forum. Your mistake :D

LukeNM
12-15-2007, 03:14 PM
Hey, if I were a General living in Japan on a military base with enlisted men & women assigned to wash my cars, mow my lawn and help me get dressed in the morning, I would support JM too.

Marshall
12-15-2007, 04:46 PM

It must be extra nice to be an admiral when all you do is send cruise missiles at countries that don't even have a navy. Makes me think of this:

“I did like it [soldiering] in the old days, back when the prerequisite of a British campaign was that the enemy should under no circumstances carry guns. Even spears made us think twice.... The kind of people we liked to fight were two feet tall and armed with dried grass.... No, when I joined up, I never imagined anything as awful as this war. I had 15 years of military experience, perfecting the art of ordering a pink gin and [mastering the intricacies of propositioning local women in their native tongue], and then, suddenly, a half million Germans hove into view....”

-- Captain Edmund Blackadder MC, mired in a dugout on the Belgian Front during WWI, describing his days with the 19th/45th East African Rifles, while preparing to die pointlessly in a futile “Big Push” against the entrenched Germans.

(Taken from http://freedominourtime.blogspot.com/2007/12/captain-blackadders-lament-imperialism.html)

Cleaner44
12-15-2007, 04:52 PM
I am a veteran and I support Ron Paul. Ron Paul is the first choice for military members.

http://thecaseforronpaul.com/images/MD%20Q3.jpg

Cleaner44
12-15-2007, 04:57 PM
Does anyone have any great ideas to create an endorsement for Ron Paul from military members?

Maybe a myspace of military for RP and the only friends are military members, wether active, veteran, retired, guard or reserrve.

hard@work
12-15-2007, 05:11 PM
I'll stick with protecting soldiers not subservient to Wolfowitz, Perl, and Rumsfield thank you very much.

kalami
12-15-2007, 05:25 PM
wow, that's like 100 primary voters. right?

asgardshill
12-15-2007, 05:31 PM
I'll stick with protecting soldiers not subservient to Wolfowitz, Perl, and Rumsfield thank you very much.

So people in the military who don't agree with your politics can just go suck on an IED, eh? Gooooood job - marginalize Ron Paul on the Internet some more.

Soldiers (and sailors, airmen, Marines, etc.) are "subservient" to (i.e.; take orders from) whomever is in charge at the DoD at any given time and under any given administration. Part of my military service was during the Clinton years, and you have no idea how difficult it was for me personally at times to follow orders given to me by that philandering crook and the empty suits he put in charge over at the DoD. But I did it, to the best of my ability. To even suggest as you did that military people who don't agree with you politically should be somehow screwed over is outrageous and despicable.

(Finally, the guy's name is "Rumsfeld". If you're going to bust out with a raging hateon for all to see, at least spell the guy's name correctly.)

xd9fan
12-15-2007, 05:47 PM
ass kissing top brass wow
I'm shocked....shocked I tell you

thisisgiparti
12-15-2007, 05:58 PM
yeah, of course the brass love McCain. it beats being enlisted.

lucius
12-15-2007, 06:07 PM
I am suspect of retired high-level military support.

One thing I got out of 'The Patton Papers 1940-1945' by Blumenson was that Patton said he would have to resign, not retire from the US Army or he would be muzzled by the government; he was planning to run for President on an America First ticket when he died. A man of such driven caliber, little short of death would of stopped him from succeeding in this objective.

He was quite a 'conspiracy theorist' in the end; he was convinced that the US Army was “killing the wrong sons of bitches [Germans]…the result of a conspiracy of international bankers and labor leaders and Jews and Communists, all whom were working for the downfall of the United States.” (The Patton Papers 1940-1945, p. 735).

General Patton knew most of the players personally, Bernard Baruch, Harry Hopkins, FDR, Winston Churchill, Samuel Untermyer, Joseph Stalin; he help facilitate the Casablanca Conference (SYMBOL) although Stalin was not in attendance.

Patton shared that folly of many, he could not separate high level Zionists from world Jewry, take that into consideration when you read his memoirs.

HOLLYWOOD
12-15-2007, 06:13 PM
He passes every bill possible for MILITARY SPENDING!!!

There's one way to "BUY" endorsements. You can even match it to his voting record... he won't vote on other bills the exact same day there's military bills which he does!

McCain... you're slick, but not that SLICK... GOTCHA!

Leslie Webb
12-15-2007, 06:23 PM
So McCain has one hundred members of the military who donate to his campaign. Ron Paul probably has ten or twenty times that number of military donors.

thisisgiparti
12-15-2007, 06:25 PM
So people in the military who don't agree with your politics can just go suck on an IED, eh? Gooooood job - marginalize Ron Paul on the Internet some more.
Soldiers (and sailors, airmen, Marines, etc.) are "subservient" to (i.e.; take orders from) whomever is in charge at the DoD at any given time and under any given administration. Part of my military service was during the Clinton years, and you have no idea how difficult it was for me personally at times to follow orders given to me by that philandering crook and the empty suits he put in charge over at the DoD. But I did it, to the best of my ability. To even suggest as you did that military people who don't agree with you politically should be somehow screwed over is outrageous and despicable.

(Finally, the guy's name is "Rumsfeld". If you're going to bust out with a raging hateon for all to see, at least spell the guy's name correctly.)

where did anyone say that soldiers who actually LIKE that whole neocon bunch of scum deserve to die? By neocon, I will call out each and every chicken- hawk dirtbag by name. I will spell their names correctly, if that makes you feel better. Neocons meaning moron Republicans currently in charge. It means you! It means George 'Mission Accomplished' Bush. It means William 'Always Wrong' Kristol. It means Paul 'Greet Us As Liberators' Wolfowitz. It means Donald 'Shock and Awe' Rumsfeld. and It means Dick 'Last Throes' Cheney. It means Richard 'It Will Pay For Itself' Perle. It means 9udy 11uliani. It means John 'We NEED 500,000 men in Iraq' McCain. It means Fred "Law & Order" Thompson. It means that entire 'Do-Nothing and Give Bush Anything He Wants' Republican Senate and Congress that was voted out in the last election. (AND the Democrats following so disappointingly in their footsteps will suffer their fate.)

Lies, greed, corruption, cronyism and incompetence - that is your Commander in Chief and all the nitwits around him past and present. Denouncing them as traitors in no way diminishes the patriotism of our men and women in uniform. Allowing them to serve under these criminals is a worse disservice. Everyone on this board supports our troops and only wants to see them home as soon and as safely as possible.

asgardshill
12-15-2007, 07:38 PM
where did anyone say that soldiers who actually LIKE that whole neocon bunch of scum deserve to die?

Don't put words in my mouth. I never said the above - the OP inferred it. Reading is fundamental.

By neocon, I will call out each and every chicken- hawk dirtbag by name. I will spell their names correctly, if that makes you feel better.

Good for you - doing so will make you look like a bit less of a slack-jawed moron.

Neocons meaning moron Republicans currently in charge. It means you!

And I'm "in charge" of exactly what? (Other than schooling you here of course).

Go give Mommy a big hug and tearfully apologize for having used her computer without her permission. Then get ready for bed - Santa doesn't come to visit disobedient little boys and girls.

Wingman
12-15-2007, 07:44 PM
Like I said

any wolrd leader that wants to declare war MUST be required to have himself and his family stand in the front lines as INFANTRY for the duration of the war.

LIKE NAPOLEON.

american.swan
12-15-2007, 07:47 PM
wow, that's like 100 primary voters. right?

hahaha

joelfarm
12-15-2007, 10:00 PM
The thugs that are backing McCain are the same yellowbellys that refused to stand up for the boots on the ground who were under fire without proper equipment. At the same time our people were donating money to send the right equip. out OF OUR OWN POCKETS, they were approving fat contracts to corporate shisters. Some of these same traitors were probably some of the ones that looked the other way when putrid food was slopped out to our heroes by KBR and the rest of the warmongers cried foul when the least opposition was raised in how they bungled the whole occupation. Man, I really hope there is an afterlife so they will truly pay for the sell-out of our REAL military heroes- the troops ON THE FRONT LINES! Does anyone possibly think Ron Paul would ever risk our troops for a fiasco such as this??

thisisgiparti
12-16-2007, 02:15 AM
Don't put words in my mouth. I never said the above - the OP inferred it. Reading is fundamental.

Good for you - doing so will make you look like a bit less of a slack-jawed moron.

And I'm "in charge" of exactly what? (Other than schooling you here of course).

Go give Mommy a big hug and tearfully apologize for having used her computer without her permission. Then get ready for bed - Santa doesn't come to visit disobedient little boys and girls.

you're not schooling anyone, even if you feel calling someone a "slack-jawed moron" is a way to win an argument. I served in Clinton's military, too, you piece of shit.

werdd
12-16-2007, 10:16 AM
yeah mccain has the support of ex general beurocrats while we have the support of the real men and women on the ground fighting and dying. SCREW you mccain 3 words, let them home.

DaneKirk
12-16-2007, 10:44 AM
Well I can see that some of you that served in the Clinton years are having a go at it. All I know is Bush because I have only been in for 2 years and 1 month. I am deployed in support of OIF in Turkey and fly into the AOR every other day. Many people here do not support the war, just by bringing up politics at the chow hall I find many that are planning to vote for Paul. Many of us, even though we are making a lot of money, wonder why we are here. Paul does have the support of most every day Enlisted and Officers I talk to.

Being aviators though some do have concerns about if Paul will support upgrading many of our aircraft and weapon systems. Like I have said in another thread, some of our airframes have been around since the 1950's and 60's. Only an insane person would give up the edge we have now. I have yet to here anyone tell me what Ron thinks about this, it is very important to many of us here that we have the best equipment there is. Not to mention many of the programs coming will save the tax payers billions of dollars over time. With China acting more aggressive, we believe it is imperative that we make sure we keep as many steps ahead of them as possible. That does not mean we want to fight with them though. Just my 2 cents on the issue.

Kingfisher
12-16-2007, 10:50 AM
You must be politically correct to become an Admiral or a General.

joelfarm
12-16-2007, 11:05 AM
Thank you DaneKirk, for your service and for the insight on what the guys over there are thinking. It pretty much confirms what I hear from the few I still know in active duty status. Yes, we need to be constantley upgrading our DEFENCES. I emphasize defense, because Ron Paul espouses TRUE homeland security, not military adventures in obscure faraway places, to right grievances that people have against their despotic tyrants. And yes, we do face an increasing threat from China. But we need to step back, regroup, and have real dialog as to how we will deal with actual enemies of the United States. The big problem is we have traitors running fedgov now, that have to be eliminated.

conner_condor
12-16-2007, 03:06 PM
"Just let us win"

what a bunch of absolute bull shit.

They had 4 years to win.

Cleaner44
12-16-2007, 03:07 PM
Please ask any known military Ron Paul supporters to endorse him on this new site.
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/M...ersforRonPaul/

I want to counter McCain.

plp
12-16-2007, 03:51 PM
Well I can see that some of you that served in the Clinton years are having a go at it. All I know is Bush because I have only been in for 2 years and 1 month. I am deployed in support of OIF in Turkey and fly into the AOR every other day. Many people here do not support the war, just by bringing up politics at the chow hall I find many that are planning to vote for Paul. Many of us, even though we are making a lot of money, wonder why we are here. Paul does have the support of most every day Enlisted and Officers I talk to.

Being aviators though some do have concerns about if Paul will support upgrading many of our aircraft and weapon systems. Like I have said in another thread, some of our airframes have been around since the 1950's and 60's. Only an insane person would give up the edge we have now. I have yet to here anyone tell me what Ron thinks about this, it is very important to many of us here that we have the best equipment there is. Not to mention many of the programs coming will save the tax payers billions of dollars over time. With China acting more aggressive, we believe it is imperative that we make sure we keep as many steps ahead of them as possible. That does not mean we want to fight with them though. Just my 2 cents on the issue.

It is clearly stated in the Constitution that the national defense is the responsibility of the Commander in Chief as executive and the Congress to properly equip.

Think of the massive reduction in daily demand for equipment, allowing more time for maintenance, upgrades and training if we were to regroup on the domestic front. It would seem to me the use of the militia for border patrol would both supply a better bang for the buck as far as training exercises, as well as securing the patrolled area. Better yet, it is a clearly defined use of the militia under the Constitution, to defend against foes both foreign and domestic.

I would suspect many do not really understand what Dr. Paul sees as the true purpose of the military, and that there will be no less demand for both personnel and funding. Do not expect a reduction in the amount necessary per man, but rather a reduction in funding to support all our remote bases. Japan and Germany should be able to defend themselves at this point, and it is time the E.U. ponied up for their own defense.

sharedvoice
12-16-2007, 04:14 PM
It's the boots on the ground that support Ron Paul. Who cares two-flying F's if John McCain pulls a few Gens. out of his ass. John McCain is a plastic turkey.

lemnad
12-16-2007, 05:46 PM
Most high ranking Military officers anymore (O-7 and above) are just politicians in uniform.