PDA

View Full Version : Last Blimp "Pit Stop" Tonight for Tea Party 07 - Backup Items and Great PR Ideas!

macdee
12-15-2007, 02:13 PM
I'm sure the Blimp Team is doing this, an important note I’d like to add though. Backup equipment when blimp lands tonight! Someone on the blimp needs to start up a "wish list" of what they need as back-up equipment. Also any other items or added ground support they can think of. Also brainstorm more PR ideas to spark interest in mainstream media coverage!

The Sunday Tea Party is critical for blimp coverage. So they should have duplicate equipment on the blimp to swap out of the fly. Extra laptop, camera, computer cards, cell phones, batteries, all computer attached items, tape recorder, etc.

I don't know what they need for backup, but I'm sure they can come up with extra items to add to this list. I’ve also got some cool PR ideas to gain more mainstream media coverage. What is the ONE great photo shot you would like to see on the front page of print media or television mainstream news coverage of the Ron Paul Blimp?

My list of some back-up items and other crazy ideas to increase mainstream media coverage...

Thermos for coffee or even better - Tea and Tea cups! Photo Op! Cups of tea for everyone in the cabin! Photo for print news media. Boston Tea Party theme.

No time for blimp tee-shirts, could print out blimp logo from top of blimp website on white 1.5" X 3" stickers and apply to shirts in top left chest. Looks like official blimp shirts and camera won't notice that their just stickers.

Colonial hat that Trevor could wear for Sunday live coverage of Tea Party 07.

American Indian HEAD BANDS with feather to be worn for blimp photo op for print news media. Fun idea and would make a great picture. Boston Tea Party theme.

Cosmetic paint, white and red, to apply to face in Native American fashion for live broadcast and still picture photo op for print media. Two single strips under the eye on each cheek will do. Ties in well with historic Boston Tea Party! Very cool picture for print news media!

Thirteen start American flag OR Ron Paul Poster (suggest Ron Paul Revolution poster) to fit on back cabin bathroom door as backdrop for live camera shot from blimp. Also great still picture PHOTO OP for Print News Media.

Large Ron Paul poster (suggest mosaic-people Ron Paul poster) that everyone riding in the blimp, including the Captain, signs with permanent marker on day of the Tea Party 07. Write “Tea Party 07” on the poster. Suitable for framing!

PHOTO LIGHTS FOR NIGHT - LIVE CAMERA SHOTS- FOR SUNDAY NIGHT TEA PARTY BROADCAST! Blimp cabin lights are NOT going to be enough for good night time live and still camera shots. Think live news shots on reporters in helicopter reports from the air.

The Sunday Tea Party is critical for blimp coverage. So they should have duplicate equipment on the blimp to swap out of the fly.

Extra laptop, camera, computer cards, cell phones, batteries, all computer attached items, tape recorder, etc.

Any type of food that can be brought onboard.

Binoculars to spot cell towers and ground media crews if necessary.

Window cleaner for blimp windows - better camera picture from blimp to ground shots.

Blank CD or DVD disks to free up disk space on laptops.

Everyone needs to recharge their cell phones while on the ground! Everyone needs extra cell phone batteries.

All digital cameras need to be recharged. Extra batteries. Extra data cards for digital camera picture storage.

Lens cleaner for all camera lenses.

BOTTLE OF ASPIRIN!

EXTRA BOTTLES OF WATER. Solves dry mouth media interviews.

Wish List should be started ASAP to determine any other additional items and ideas that would be helpful to promote the blimp project for the Tea Party 07.

http://www.ronpaulforpresident2008.com/images/blimplogo2.png

Any other ideas for when the blimp lands tonight? Last chance!

macdee
12-15-2007, 06:20 PM
Any new ideas? Once the blimp takes off tomorrow morning for the Tea Party 07 it will be too late! What are your thoughts....