PDA

View Full Version : Do Not Be Overconfident About 12/16

mport1
12-15-2007, 02:10 PM
I want to caution everybody to not be overconfident about tomorrow. Do I think it will be a huge day and that we will break all records? Yes. However, we cannot sit back until the day is over (and we really can't even sit back then). We need to sprint through the finish line and spend every second of our spare time between now and Tuesday trying to get extra money for the Tea Party and blitzing the media. I know tons of people are doing this but we need to get everybody involved.

Think about it as if we will only get the donations pledged on teaparty07.com, just about $3 million. This is not the time to rest or chat about other things. We must all concentrate our efforts on making this the best day possible. Now more than ever it is time to get active.

Here is what I have done and I suggest all of you to do the same. I have made a checklist of everything I need to do now through Tuesday and when I need to do it. This will keep you on track and working towards a goal. Please give me some ideas of what else I can add to my list :)

Shaun
12-15-2007, 02:15 PM
Sensible post.
God, we aren't used to that type of thing up here..
Good work.
Thanks.
Shaun.

voytechs
12-15-2007, 02:17 PM
We've got a rally every weekend now until forever. We're waving signs, I'm turning several people a day now, further more I'm making them donate tomorrow.

yongrel
12-15-2007, 02:17 PM
I want to caution everybody to not be overconfident about tomorrow. Do I think it will be a huge day and that we will break all records? Yes. However, we cannot sit back until the day is over (and we really can't even sit back then). We need to sprint through the finish line and spend every second of our spare time between now and Tuesday trying to get extra money for the Tea Party and blitzing the media. I know tons of people are doing this but we need to get everybody involved.

Think about it as if we will only get the donations pledged on teaparty07.com, just about $3 million. This is not the time to rest or chat about other things. We must all concentrate our efforts on making this the best day possible. Now more than ever is time to get active.

Here is what I have done and I suggest all of you to do the same. I have made a checklist of everything I need to do now through Tuesday and when I need to do it. This will keep you on track and working towards a goal. Please give me some ideas of what else I can add to my list :)

+1

Ron Paul Fan
12-15-2007, 02:20 PM
I think we'll raise around $12 million tomorrow. I really do.

T206
12-15-2007, 02:22 PM
Tea party site was just updated to 32,473 pledges

bobmurph
12-15-2007, 02:24 PM
The amount we raise tomorrow is completely in our hands. If people are willing to double, triple, all the way to max out thier donation then the sky is the limit.

Just remember...when you're processing that donation that we control our own destiny. If we're only willing to donate $100 then we WILL NOT break $10 million. If we're willing to sacrifice an extra $100 or whatever you can afford then we can really change the direction of this country...but we must be willing take the financial burden on ourselves.

We call this a Revolution. The Founders put their lives on the line for their revolution...putting an extra few hundred bucks pales in comparision. If each of us isn't willing to donate as much as they possibly can afford then we shouldn't be acting like this is a revolution.

Double your donation. Anything less than $10M is underacheiving. We have no one to blame but ourselves if we don't blow this thing out.

mport1
12-15-2007, 02:25 PM
Sensible post.
God, we aren't used to that type of thing up here..
Good work.
Thanks.
Shaun.

Thank you.

And I would like to re-iterate again, I want every one of us to have the idea in your head that we will raise $3,000,000 and that you personally are working to change that.

PatriotOne
12-15-2007, 02:42 PM
We will all be busy as little bees especially tomorrow. It will be non-stop emails, MySpace posts, Digg articles, arm twisting of our families and friends, etc.

As an aside, I pulled up the therm just a bit ago and actually saw a donation from a very small town I use to live in when I was in grade school. It cracked me up to see someone from Tenino, Wa, which is sooooooooooo small, actually be donating to RP.

If he's known in Tenino, he has reached the 4 corners of the earth and everywhere in between :eek:.:p

mport1
12-15-2007, 02:55 PM
Here is what is on my list so far:

-I am calling and emailing all my friends and family encouraging them to donate.
-I am reminding my friends who have told me they like Ron Paul to donate tomorrow.
-I am sending out constant MySpace bulletins on my two large Ron Paul profiles.
-I am sending out mass messages/emails to libertarian groups (my College Libertarians chapter and some of my Facebook groups).
-I'm informing thousands of members of this group about the Tea Party: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=51700&highlight=informing+thousands
-I've got a couple of topics that I'm going to try to pump up on here and Facebook (like this one)
-I'm going to get all my friends around here to try donate $5 as a favor to me (to boost the number of donors)
-I'm going to be contacting lots of media outlets today, tomorrow, and Sunday
-I will be posting some things on my profile about the Tea Party
-Day of I will be doing the same type of things and be pushing people to donate and/or donate more

yongrel
12-15-2007, 02:57 PM
why would anyone give this 1 or 2 stars? This is sage advice here that we should all be following.

mport1
12-15-2007, 03:06 PM
If you guys really want to help in a final push, do what I'm doing right now and help reach 55,000 RP supporters:

1. Create a new Facebook account and use some RP photo for your picture (takes about 1 minute)

2. Join the Ron Paul Facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2229718737

3. Add the Tea Party to your events: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=29009185136

4. Go to the members of Ron Paul's Facebook Group and friend as many as you can until Facebook tells you to "slow down." You can friend over 1,000.

5. Check back later and invite every one of your new friends to the Tea Party event from the link I gave above including a short message in the invite with the site's address.

6. Create a new account and start again.

alieas007
12-15-2007, 03:27 PM
As an aside, I pulled up the therm just a bit ago and actually saw a donation from a very small town I use to live in when I was in grade school.

Yeah, I saw a donation from my small home town the other night. Very cool!!

davidhperry
12-15-2007, 03:39 PM
Thanks OP, this is great advice - I'm going to be doing much of the same things as you are. Now is the time that we need to be reaching out to our personal networks of family and friends to get them to donate - any amount will do. I'd love to see 100,000+ donors tomorrow.

Exarel
12-15-2007, 03:52 PM
You know.. i was only planning on donating 100 dollars tomorrow. All these threads are really inspiring. I'm all for double and tripling or more now :)

bobmurph
12-15-2007, 04:03 PM
Thanks OP, this is great advice - I'm going to be doing much of the same things as you are. Now is the time that we need to be reaching out to our personal networks of family and friends to get them to donate - any amount will do. I'd love to see 100,000+ donors tomorrow.

100,000+ would be awesome. Considering that he had 37k donors on Nov 5th alone, and 100k donors overall, I really don't think 100k donors tomorrow is that far-fetched. Nov 5th really put Ron Paul on the map. Tons of new blood was brought to the Ron Paul camp after that day...many of these people probably have been waiting to donate on the 16th.

100,000 donors + many maxing out + many more doubling their donation = $20M = Propelled to victory.

tsetsefly
12-15-2007, 04:05 PM
ive got my parents on board to donate, dont know how much they will donate, but I imagine at least 50, working on my brother and sister...

Menthol Patch
12-15-2007, 04:16 PM
I totally agree! We need to spend every single moment getting the word out and asking people to donate!

cac1963
12-15-2007, 04:22 PM
.... We need to sprint through the finish line and spend every second of our spare time between now and Tuesday trying to get extra money for the Tea Party and blitzing the media. ...

Why is Tuesday significant? I thought the Teaparty was one day only, Sunday.

wgadget
12-15-2007, 04:36 PM
I'm going to go out in the cold and hold up a sign that says DONATE TODAY in front of thousands of people going to the mall.

traitorist
12-15-2007, 04:45 PM
im not worried about letting my guard down. we have done what we have done to promote this big day. now it's time for me to sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride. monday will come soon enough.

mport1
12-15-2007, 05:26 PM
Why is Tuesday significant? I thought the Teaparty was one day only, Sunday.

On Sunday and Monday we need to be feeding the story to the media. We need to get as much coverage out of this as possible.

mport1
12-15-2007, 05:52 PM
5 more hours, lets keep up the intensity!

mport1
12-15-2007, 06:47 PM
bump

Wilkero
12-15-2007, 07:10 PM
I didn't pledge, but I'm still donating. And there are others like me out there. I'm donating double what I originally planned in order to help insure that Dec. 16 cannot be ignored. Please join in.

1913_to_2008
12-15-2007, 07:19 PM
On Sunday and Monday we need to be feeding the story to the media. We need to get as much coverage out of this as possible.

Yes, this is true. Everyone of us should at the very least, call our local media outlets and let them know that we want to see a story on this. Even if the National News mentions the big fund raiser, a lot of people only watch local news.

Additionally, don't be surprised if we don't get to much coverage. Also, I think it's a great idea to ask people to do us favors by donating ten dollars. Kind of like a "hey we're trying to break this record" type thing.

Richandler
12-15-2007, 07:23 PM
The campaign suspects we can raise $8 million we can't let them down this time.

Derek Johnson
12-15-2007, 07:34 PM
I've e-mailed 500 or so and contacted about 500 @ yahoo 360.

My father in law, who is probably the most influential political guy in Falls county TX, gave me 30 bucks tonight to add to the teapary kick in. He said it still looks like Mitt will get the nod, but he's proud as hell of us getting constitutionalism and Americanism back into politics. My pop-in law also wants Paul to support drug testing welfare deadbeats as a wean off step. Coming from this man, we have come a long way in a short amount of time.

Dig deep tomorrow, and encourage people, many people to participate. Let's do this, let's get our 8 or 9 million and stand a chance. If we do raise 10+, I will believe that we will get the requisite delegate votes: 50% and overpower the mighty Mitt Romney.

slantedview
12-15-2007, 07:35 PM
i approve of this post and i will be calling everyone i know who was considering donating to make sure they take part.

thanks for the reminder.

mport1
12-16-2007, 06:47 AM
bump

gerryb
12-16-2007, 07:06 AM
My pop-in law also wants Paul to support drug testing welfare deadbeats as a wean off step.

I hope he knows Ron Paul would NEVER support this.