PDA

View Full Version : Help Reach Muslims about Ron Paul This Week

Nefertiti
12-15-2007, 02:00 PM
There will be a major Muslim holiday this week. During this holiday, Muslims gather in large numbers for a prayer. This is a good time to be able to reach out to a large number of potential voters for Ron Paul at one time. Please take the time to read this whole message as the timing of the holiday is a bit vague and so it will require some work to figure out when and where to go.

What we would like to do is modify the Arab-Americans for Ron Paul ad that Hamadeh just had published in a Michigan Arab newspaper to make it a flyer-English on one side and Arabic on the other with specific information about voting in the state where you are located.

The date of the holiday is actually not agreed upon. Here in Chicago, for example, some people are celebrating on Wednesday, some on Thursday and some on Friday (it's a long story why). The times of the prayer vary too-with it normally occurring sometime between 7:30 am and 10:30 am. If you think you are available on one or all of those days and times to hand out the fliers in your area, please let me know by PM. Let me know your ZIP code and your email address so I can research for you where the closest mosque or prayer location is to you and what time they are having their prayer. I will get back in touch with you about the time and place closest to you. If it works for you, let me know, and I will modify the flier so that it reflects the voting requirements of your state and then send it to you as a pdf that you can then print out. If you are Muslim and already plan on attending the prayer in your area, just let me know your state so I can update the voting information.

I would guess that the majority of people attending the prayer will be men, but there will probably also be some women. There may be separate entrances for the sexes at the mosque and you might have more luck handing out fliers to members of the same sex as you.

You don't have to be Muslim to help out with this and all are welcome to help reach this important demographic that will be responsive to Ron Paul's message at this critical time.

Liberty Star
12-15-2007, 02:02 PM
There are many Christian Arabs also that are supporting Ron Paul even though some of them first thought Iraq war will be good but having seen its results are against it now, we should get their campaign help as well.
Ron Paul has a big tent, we should get support from whoever agrees with Ron Paul platform.

Don't forget to mention this when contacting anyone today:

http://www.teaparty07.com/

Nefertiti
12-15-2007, 02:04 PM
Here's Hamadeh's ad for those who want to see what you will be handing out:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=54446

Nefertiti
12-15-2007, 02:09 PM
There are many Christian Arabs that are supporting Ron Paul, we should get their campaign help as well.

That's a good idea too. Many of them are Orthodox Christians and therefore celebrate Christmas in January. If anyone wants to hit up Orthodox Christian churches in their area January, let me know as well and I can research that too. I know there are tons of Egyptian Christians in Los Angeles and New Jersey for example.

Mark Rushmore
12-15-2007, 02:20 PM
That's a good idea too. Many of them are Orthodox Christians and therefore celebrate Christmas in January. If anyone wants to hit up Orthodox Christian churches in their area January, let me know as well and I can research that too. I know there are tons of Egyptian Christians in Los Angeles and New Jersey for example.

Are you sure it wouldn't be a turnoff getting a flyer as they go to some religious holiday service? Not saying it would be - just could see it going either way. The message doesn't expire and it knows no collectivist bounds - if you can think of anyone who is receptive I say go hand them a flyer today ;).

Nefertiti
12-15-2007, 02:27 PM
Don't worry. Many people will have to rush off to work after praying-so it won't be like a Sunday at church where people are just going to be enjoying their time shooting the breeze with their friends or socializing afterward. This country's calendar doesn't really allow for that. It's just one of two days in the year where you will have more Muslims gathered in one place than any other so you can reach a greater concentration in a short time. It's a matter of efficiency.

Lucid American
12-15-2007, 02:51 PM
For the love of God, just don't put any kind of rendering of Muhammed on whatever you hand them!

:)

Mark
12-15-2007, 02:55 PM
anybody want to sign up?
Maybe remember to mention your website?

ArabAmericansForRonPaul.com (http://arabamericansforronpaul.com/)

Mark
12-15-2007, 03:11 PM
Yeah its on the flyer.

It helps to include it in threads too, and/or sigs. :D Promotion type thing for people who are reading a thread and don't know yet.

burningfur
12-15-2007, 03:25 PM
bumpmp

Nefertiti
12-15-2007, 06:30 PM
Bump. There is life after the tea party, help us make this happen!

saahmed
12-15-2007, 07:52 PM
I am using one of Hamadeh's ads from arabamericansforronpaul.com and printing it out to put up as a poster on the bulletin board at my mosque and the mosque in my parents town. I think it would be better if Muslims did this, it would just be kind of weird to have outsiders coming to a holiday prayer to hand out information. Don't get me wrong, Muslims are always welcoming of people who are interested in our religion and culture and want them to come into the mosque to observe, but having random people come to just hand out a flier would not be liked.

Ogren
12-16-2007, 01:57 PM
Eid Al Adha (Muslim holiday) will be coming up on Dec 20. This will be a perfect chance to pass out flyers and spread awareness since many muslims will be at mosques that day.