PDA

View Full Version : Trump tells governors feds 'will step in' if government disagrees with state reopening plans

Swordsmyth
05-19-2020, 04:03 PM
President Trump told governors on a conference call Monday that he "will step in" if the federal government disagrees with state reopening plans, as he largely expressed satisfaction with how the governors are moving to lift coronavirus restrictions in their individual states, according to a report.

Trump, whose administration last month revealed guidelines for when states should begin lifting stay-at-home orders and other social distancing measures meant to slow the spread of the virus, has vocally pushed for the rapid reopening of the economy. The president said in an interview with Fox Business' Maria Bartiromo last week that his critics want the economy to remain shuttered until the November election, calling Democrats' reluctance to lift the coronavirus measures "a political thing."

"The governors are making their decisions, and want to make their decisions, and that's the way I want it to, and we will step in if we see something going wrong, or if we disagree, and some people say that's nice, and some people say I shouldn't be doing that, but we're going to do it if we see something wrong," Trump said to the governors Monday, according to audio of the call obtained by CBS.

More at: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-tells-governors-feds-will-step-in-if-government-disagrees-with-state-reopening-plans

No mandatory vaccinations.

TheCount
05-19-2020, 04:05 PM
Do you think that this is something that the president should and does have the power to do?

Swordsmyth
05-19-2020, 04:06 PM
Do you think that this is something that the president should and does have the power to do?
He should and does have the power to protect the Constitutional rights of the citizens from tyrannical states.

Anti Globalist
05-19-2020, 06:34 PM
The people should be taking control of the situation and reopen their states themselves. Don't wait until your governor says something because they will extend it for as long as they can.

PAF
05-19-2020, 06:36 PM
The people should be taking control of the situation and reopen their states themselves.

Exactly!

And...… End the Fed! NOT empower it!

CCTelander
05-19-2020, 06:40 PM
The people should be taking control of the situation and reopen their states themselves.

This can't be +repped enough. This is the ONLY real, lasting solution.

eleganz
05-19-2020, 06:50 PM
Let the republican governors open and let the dem governor shoot themselves in the foot.

When stupid libs see other states are full of economic activity, they will eventually get angry and ask for it. Yes its not the RIGHT thing to do but its the thing to do. Just like providing no wall support for California and make them beg for it. In these cases the people get hurt more than the government and thats probably why Trump is taking this tone.

oyarde
05-19-2020, 07:02 PM

If he was going to step in I would rather he had prevented them from closing private business to start with as they clearly have no authority . From what I've seen most of them could be deported and the positions left unfilled and it would be an improvement .

oyarde
05-19-2020, 07:06 PM
The people should be taking control of the situation and reopen their states themselves. Don't wait until your governor says something because they will extend it for as long as they can.

True most problems should would need to be fixed at the end of a bayonet

dude58677
05-20-2020, 06:46 AM
President Trump told governors on a conference call Monday that he "will step in" if the federal government disagrees with state reopening plans, as he largely expressed satisfaction with how the governors are moving to lift coronavirus restrictions in their individual states, according to a report.

Trump, whose administration last month revealed guidelines for when states should begin lifting stay-at-home orders and other social distancing measures meant to slow the spread of the virus, has vocally pushed for the rapid reopening of the economy. The president said in an interview with Fox Business' Maria Bartiromo last week that his critics want the economy to remain shuttered until the November election, calling Democrats' reluctance to lift the coronavirus measures "a political thing."

"The governors are making their decisions, and want to make their decisions, and that's the way I want it to, and we will step in if we see something going wrong, or if we disagree, and some people say that's nice, and some people say I shouldn't be doing that, but we're going to do it if we see something wrong," Trump said to the governors Monday, according to audio of the call obtained by CBS.

More at: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-tells-governors-feds-will-step-in-if-government-disagrees-with-state-reopening-plans

No mandatory vaccinations.

I’d like to see a plan on how he is actually going to do it. He has said this many times but without an executive order or a specific plan, the Governors will continue this sham!