PDA

View Full Version : What the HELL is happening with RonPaul 2008.com??

Shaun
12-15-2007, 01:43 PM
Who is responsible for getting a new widget up? WE NEED IT NOW. Less than 10 hours to go and the 12M target number is not updated? WTF??
Also, see my comments below on the widget display in general.
Bradley and others said this message had been passed on. Well, that's great but if this isn't handled within three hours then myself and dozens of others here in Hollywood are going to start calling.
This is ridiculous, the graphic needs UPDATING NOW with a new target...
OFFICIAL CAMPAIGN...are you reading this?

URGENT Change needed! RonPaul2008.com. Bradley has contacted but no action so far....
See below for explanation.
Also and MAINLY we need a NEW TARGET up there. We are about to smash the 12M within minutes of midnight..
Please action.
Guys,
It's just hit me that something is different about the Ronpaul2008.com site than on Nov 5th. Based on my marketing radar going off the richter scale I know it's not trivial, else I wouldn't post.
On Nov 5th the "widget money counter" was the ONLY focus on that area of the site.
Updating on every refresh and auto every minute or so.
That's NOT the situation now and it needs to be as the "widget money counter" sets up a fascinating (for the viewer) "internet high.." as the total mounts.
As of 5 minutes ago, if you are on the RonPaul2008.com site, the "widget money counter" is shut down by other screens loading.
So, PROBLEM: "Widget money counter is now NOT a single point of focus on the home page"
SOLUTION: Change the set up of home page back to a duplicate or similar of NOV 5TH...in other words "make it all about the money, all the time, until say Tuesday or Wednesday of next week..

So, Please call whoever is in charge of the mainsite and get these suggestions over to them.Bradley in DC has done this but no confirmation on this thread http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=54371 of action so far..
There is no time on this one. Please assist if you agree with my analysis. I wouldn't have posted to waste anyones time, I believe this is an important distinction...
WE WANT DONATORS "BUZZED.."
Please advise.
Thanks.
Shaun.

yongrel
12-15-2007, 01:44 PM
No need for duplicate threads

Lord Xar
12-15-2007, 01:47 PM
did you ever consider that it is ALREADY in place via the flash code?

Do you realize how easy it is for the 'new graphic' to be put into play once 12million is reached?

It is probably already up.

T206
12-15-2007, 01:47 PM
No need for duplicate threads

Or panic.

Isnt it possible that its already developed so that when $12M is hit it just rolls over into a new image? THAT would be the smart way to develop the widget so that it doesnt require constant development work.

hopeforamerica
12-15-2007, 01:49 PM
The sky is falling....the campaign doesn't know what it's doing.....we might as well throw in the towel.

Okay, maybe not.

r3volution
12-15-2007, 01:49 PM
omg omg omg omg omg omg omfg omfg omfg oofg omfg omg omg omg omg omg omg omfg omfg omfg oofg omfg omg omg omg omg omg omg omfg omfg omfg oofg omfg omg omg omg omg omg omg omfg omfg omfg oofg omfg omg omg omg omg omg omg omfg omfg omfg oofg omfg omg omg omg omg omg omg omfg omfg omfg oofg omfg omg omg omg omg omg omg omfg omfg omfg oofg omfg omg omg omg omg omg omg omfg omfg omfg oofg omfg , what were we talking about again ?

CasualApathy
12-15-2007, 01:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AezyNohMiRI&feature=related

Kenso
12-15-2007, 01:51 PM

Do you realize how easy it is for the 'new graphic' to be put into play once 12million is reached?

My thoughts exactly.

dirka
12-15-2007, 01:57 PM
Looks like someone forgot to take their Widget medication today...

1town
12-15-2007, 02:01 PM
OMG OMG, If they don't fix this, the red colour will overflow throught the widget, and spill red all over the page!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CRISIS! BOO! PANIC!!

Yeah, please take a chill pill. Why does the bar matter? The numbers will still be spinning.

blakjak
I wish we could mod posts down (negative stars) ala Slashdot style.

A Ron Paul Rebel
Updating on every refresh and auto every minute or so.
That's NOT the situation now and it needs to be as the "widget money counter" sets up a fascinating (for the viewer) "internet high.." as the total mounts.
As of 5 minutes ago, if you are on the RonPaul2008.com site, the "widget money counter" is shut down by other screens loading.
So, PROBLEM: "Widget money counter is now NOT a single point of focus on the home page"
SOLUTION: Change the set up of home page back to a duplicate or similar of NOV 5TH...in other words "make it all about the money, all the time, until say Tuesday or Wednesday of next week..

There is NOOOOOOOOOOO need to freak out!

I do agree that the 'money counter' for Nov. 5th was sweet and that it would probably work best to do that again... but only until Monday around noon or so. I'd keep everything else as buttons to the left but just not have it auto-rotate.

Chill out!

Hunter

A Ron Paul Rebel
12-15-2007, 02:02 PM
Looks like someone forgot to take their Widget medication today...

hahahahaha

szczebrzeszyn
12-15-2007, 02:03 PM

It did happen in the past, didn't it? Last week of the last quarter. So I would expect something along this way, but we'll see. Regardless, some people need their pills ASAP :D

matthylland
12-15-2007, 02:05 PM
chill out...jeez

Steve4RP
12-15-2007, 02:05 PM
Not worried, not concerned...money will still total even if the widget does not match.

LibertyEagle
12-15-2007, 02:06 PM
Hey guys... cut him some slack. He just wants it all to go perfectly, just like we do.

I'm glad he thought about the whole cycling thing on the website. He's right, that needs to be locked, so it stays on the money widget.

We're all counting a lot on tomorrow. Let's just help each other keep calm throughout the day, ok? :)

LibertyForAll
12-15-2007, 02:08 PM
Yeah, we're not giving money so we can watch a widget or banner or anything like that, we are giving for a change in this country...so chill....everything will be cool...

evadmurd
12-15-2007, 02:09 PM
omg omg omg omg omg omg omfg omfg omfg oofg omfg omg omg omg omg omg omg omfg omfg omfg oofg omfg omg omg omg omg omg omg omfg omfg omfg oofg omfg omg omg omg omg omg omg omfg omfg omfg oofg omfg omg omg omg omg omg omg omfg omfg omfg oofg omfg omg omg omg omg omg omg omfg omfg omfg oofg omfg omg omg omg omg omg omg omfg omfg omfg oofg omfg omg omg omg omg omg omg omfg omfg omfg oofg omfg , what were we talking about again ?

LOL

Shaun
12-15-2007, 02:12 PM
OK Guys,
I get the idea.
I'm off to take my widget medication now. LMAO. :D

stefans
12-15-2007, 02:16 PM
we don't need a new goal. the MSM should see that we had a goal of 12 and easily reached it.

kevinblack
12-15-2007, 02:32 PM
I would estimate that not getting the widget working correctly could cost us 20% of donations tomorrow.

I agree with Shaun that it is crucial that "something" happens on hitting 12 milliion, and I agree that it needs to be as addictive as possible so not having the money be the focus is a big mistake.

Furthermore I believe that we need a counter for Number of donors, not just ammount donated. This is a crucial statistic that could easily add 2% or more to total donations as we convince people to donate five dollars to get this total up.

We are talking about more than a million dollars potential loss here people, I honestly hope that this widget is under control.

Ron Paul Fan
12-15-2007, 02:35 PM
I'm pretty sure that they have something worked out already. They did maintenance twice in the past few days, and I think they're smart enough to realize that it's going to be broken tomorrow. They aren't going to lose millions of dollars. To think that is just stupid. HQ may have dropped the ball at some things, but they aren't completely unaware about tomorrow. Lighten up francis! The Tea Party will go smoothly!

anewvoice
12-15-2007, 02:37 PM
This is the goal the campaign gave us. We HAVE delivered. Now the campaign has to do their part.

RonFan1776
12-15-2007, 02:38 PM
This nonsense is getting ridiculous.

You let your thoughts be known earlier. Fine.

Now chill. Everyone involved with this campaign (officially or not) wants the best for it. People screaming all the time to get their way is not helpful.

matthylland
12-15-2007, 02:40 PM
This nonsense is getting ridiculous.

You let your thoughts be known earlier. Fine.

Now chill. Everyone involved with this campaign (officially or not) wants the best for it. People screaming all the time to get their way is not helpful.

agreed, relax, enjoy and donate!

I liked someone else's idea, I'm too impatient....so I am writing letters all day until midnight tonight!

RobS
12-15-2007, 02:59 PM
lol, this is such a non-issue it is comical. I guarantee it will automatically be updated as it gets to 12 million.

AgentOrange
12-15-2007, 03:22 PM
I agree that it's better to show that we far surpassed our goal, than to raise the goal and not have us meet it. The goal was $12 million by December, and it should that until January.