PDA

View Full Version : Trump press secretary says idea that all need to be tested for COVID-19 is 'nonsense'

Swordsmyth
05-07-2020, 12:19 AM
White House Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany on Wednesday rejected the idea that every American should receive COVID-19 testing before returning to work.

President Trump has said he's been tested multiple times for COVID-19, with the tests all coming back negative. On Tuesday, he visited a Phoenix facility that makes masks, but did not have a face covering of his own. A reporter asked McEnany about this, adding, "Why shouldn't all Americans who go back to work be able to get a test before they do?"

"If we tested every single American in this country at this moment, we'd have to retest them an hour later, and then an hour later after that, because at any moment you could theoretically contract this virus," McEnany responded. "So the notion that everyone needs to be tested is just simply nonsensical."

More at: https://www.yahoo.com/news/white-house-press-secretary-says-225500031.html

AngryCanadian
05-07-2020, 12:39 AM
President Trump has said he's been tested multiple times for COVID-19, with the tests all coming back negative. On Tuesday, he visited a Phoenix facility that makes masks, but did not have a face covering of his own.
So president test kits all the time negative and yet the public ones all test positive? can we even trust the kits at this point?

CaptainAmerica
05-07-2020, 12:41 AM
White House Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany on Wednesday rejected the idea that every American should receive COVID-19 testing before returning to work.

President Trump has said he's been tested multiple times for COVID-19, with the tests all coming back negative. On Tuesday, he visited a Phoenix facility that makes masks, but did not have a face covering of his own. A reporter asked McEnany about this, adding, "Why shouldn't all Americans who go back to work be able to get a test before they do?"

"If we tested every single American in this country at this moment, we'd have to retest them an hour later, and then an hour later after that, because at any moment you could theoretically contract this virus," McEnany responded. "So the notion that everyone needs to be tested is just simply nonsensical."

More at: https://www.yahoo.com/news/white-house-press-secretary-says-225500031.html over my dead body!

susano
05-07-2020, 12:46 AM
Kayleigh is a smart woman so lets hope she has Trump's ear because he goes whoever influences him.

dean.engelhardt
05-07-2020, 06:07 AM
Kayleigh McEnany is absolutely correct. A negative test only measures a moment in time and does not give immunity. She did not choose her words carefully. Because people only look at headlines and not context; it sounds like testing, testing, testing, v. nonsense.

jmdrake
05-07-2020, 06:29 AM
I am against mandatory anything. But there should be enough tests for everyone that wants one. I've known people who have had symptoms who weren't allowed to get a test. One is a relative who is a nurse. Also I don't believe the BS propaganda put out that there aren't enough tests for all 100 U.S. Senators. Come on! These fat cats allocate themselves a raise in the time of a government engineered economic collapse but they can't get themselves allocated test kits? I ain't buying it!