PDA

View Full Version : Whats the record for 1 day donations to a candidate?

Zarxrax
12-15-2007, 01:09 PM
Anyone know? The all time record, not just this election cycle.

freedom-maniac
12-15-2007, 01:10 PM
November 5th, for Ron Paul. That's the record for American history.

Mental Dribble
12-15-2007, 01:14 PM
John kerry brought in 5.7 mil the day after Super Tuesday after he was basically labeled the parties nominee.

jgmaynard
12-15-2007, 01:15 PM
Online? Us, November 5th. Record to fall tomorrow. "Dead record walking." :)

All in all? The highest I've seen confirmed via FEC records was $6.4 M by Kerry right after he got the nomination in '04, and I believe Hill and Oprama have both come close to that one day each this year. Somebody may have a line on higher actual donation levels (not pledges or wikipedia entries).

Not much chance of that record living through tomorrow either.

JM

curiousobserver
nov 5th amount is largest raised by any candidate in u.s. history ONLINE

I guess the offline donations in one day is 6.2 mil and ~7.0 mil raised by barack? or Mitt?) and hillary respectively.

Perry
We hold the record for most in the primaries in a 24 hour period.

Goldwater Conservative
12-15-2007, 02:07 PM
I think we hold the record, period. If I'm not mistaken, Hitlery's supposed record was over a weekend. There seems to have been some similar misreporting regarding Kerry's supposed record.

Lucid American
12-15-2007, 03:08 PM
I've seen numerous reports confirming the record is held by Hillary with $6.2M.

Doesn't matter, there's a new record tomorrow!

Midnight77
12-15-2007, 03:30 PM
Hillary is suspected of holding back donations for her record day, but she is "accepted" at holding the record for online/offline donations at $6.2 Million.

Alex Libman
12-15-2007, 03:53 PM
Tomorrow's date will be remembered in history books for centuries to come as the turning point of politics - not just for the Ron Paul 2008 campaign, not just for the future of the U.S. Libertarian Party, not just for local movements like the Free State Project, but for the philosophy of liberty as a whole!

The vision of humanity as a herd of sheep that needs to be flocked together and controlled "for its greater good" is being shattered! The vision of a human being as a noble, dignified entity existing for his own individual self is now emerging! December 16th, 2007 will be remembered as the day when Individualism has discovered the political strength necessary to defend itself, and has stood up to Collectivism for the first major time since the first American Revolution!

What we do this Sunday, each of us voluntarily and in our own self-interest, will echo in eternity!