PDA

View Full Version : WTF? campaign just sent out a fundraising E-mail

max
12-15-2007, 01:07 PM
Shouldn't they have waited until tomorrow morning?

steph3n
12-15-2007, 01:08 PM
READ THE MAIL!

It is about tomorrow with some good stuff man. don't be such a downer, if sent tomorrow could be FEC problems.

yongrel
12-15-2007, 01:08 PM
nope

PathIveMade
12-15-2007, 01:09 PM
Ron says he's gonna enjoy his tea party... good stuff.

December 15, 2007

What an amazing mission you and I are on. What great ideas we uphold -- the legacy of the most important thinkers of liberty in our country's history, and the most important doers of liberty in America. At the top of that list are the donors and volunteers of this campaign.

I could spend all my time thanking personally you and everyone who has done so much for our country's future, and not scratch the surface of what justice demands. But I want you to know how much I owe you, and everyone dedicated to the real America. You and I know our real country -- the America of the Constitution and the Bill of Rights, of economic, civil, and personal liberty, of strong families and communities, of great businesses and professions, of strong peace and low taxes and sound money-all of which are under assault by the politicians who occupy our nation's capital.

With your help -- and I can't do anything without your help https://www.ronpaul2008.com/donate/ -- I want to change all that. Together, we can restore our constitutional republic, and oust the mountebanks who violate the ideals of the Founders with income taxes, Federal Reserve inflation, deficit spending, preemptive wars, torture, secret prisons, and abolition of habeas corpus.

How thrilling too are all the great Independent efforts in this cause, involving so many tens of thousands of patriots. Of course, since they are Independent, the election laws to do not allow me to coordinate with them in any way. But I will mention that this Sunday, I am really going to enjoy my tea at a party!

We are making real progress. And goodness knows we need to. Help https://www.ronpaul2008.com/donate/ me keep our revolution going and growing. For freedom, peace, and prosperity, for the real America, all our
generosity and hard work are justified.

Sincerely,

Ron

OptionsTrader

Relax. Why do you have to post negative messages?

It was a humerous email, settle down.

How thrilling too are all the great Independent efforts in this cause, involving so many tens of thousands of patriots. Of course, since they are Independent, the election laws to do not allow me to coordinate with them in any way. But I will mention that this Sunday, I am really going to enjoy my tea at a party!

adwads

I think the reason he didn't do it tomorrow is because then it will look like he is coordinating the tea party...

Besides, many people don't read their e-mail until a day later...

AND, he did say that he will be enjoying his tea at a party on SUNDAY, implying to donate on SUNDAY.

I think we're okay...But I also understand your concerns.

FrankRep
I think they want to hit the 12 million mark before the Big day.

Yeah, they should have waited.

Chaos Unlimited
12-15-2007, 01:10 PM
Where will he be enjoying his tea?

Jwaksman
12-15-2007, 01:11 PM
It's getting into a gray area if he sends out a fundraising e-mail on Sunday. So this e-mail is definitely legal, and it manages to remind people of the Tea Party only 12 hours before it's going to start. It's fine.

pacelli
12-15-2007, 01:11 PM

There's no "they" in the email. That email was signed by Dr. Paul. Surely you aren't doubting the good Dr.

Original_Intent
12-15-2007, 01:13 PM
Lol even though he strongly hinted about the tea party, it still piked donations.

Ah well =) At least they have kept a leash on Mr. Bydlack, and this wasn't a "OMG tomorrow will be too late we need money today!!! NO yesterday!!" email.

Liberty Star
12-15-2007, 01:14 PM

Max, how much will you be giving for http://teaparty07.com tomorrow?

Friednly wager to double or at least match stands LOL

Email sent by campsign is fine, most people don't check their emails every hour.

Kenso
12-15-2007, 01:15 PM
It won't hurt anything, at least give the campaign some credit for holding off until today considering the pace of donations this week. They're paying attention to what we're trying to do here. The Teaparty is less than 10 hours away so the timing isn't too bad.

LibertyEagle
12-15-2007, 01:16 PM
Lol even though he strongly hinted about the tea party, it still piked donations.

Ah well =) At least they have kept a leash on Mr. Bydlack, and this wasn't a "OMG tomorrow will be too late we need money today!!! NO yesterday!!" email.

I love the part about him enjoying his tea at a party tomorrow. :D

Falseflagop
12-15-2007, 01:16 PM
ITS all good !!

This is the appetizer before the main course !

honkywill
12-15-2007, 01:17 PM
I think it's a good reminder email for those who haven't registered but intend to donate tomorrow.

Exarel
12-15-2007, 01:18 PM
They did it right. Lots of people don't read emails until tomorrow because its saturday today. Also, he said sunday. The email was PERFECT.

Dan D.
12-15-2007, 01:20 PM
Like I said in the other thread, the worst we'll "waste" today is 60k. And given how anemic we were doing for the past 7 days, 60k is OK by me. I mean, we 50k in premature donation at the end of November 4th.

blakjak
12-15-2007, 01:21 PM
No worries. A $100,000 day is a small drop in the bucket compared to what is going to happen tomorrow.

daviddee
12-15-2007, 01:21 PM

PatriotOne
12-15-2007, 01:23 PM

It's all good :) People donating today are either really disconnected from the campaign and just don't know about the TeaParty or will not be available tomorrow to donate for some reason. Either way, today's donations will not effect tomorrow because they aren't aware of tomorrow OR not avalable tomorrow.

It's all good............:D

Falseflagop
12-15-2007, 01:23 PM
RON Waking up anyone who is sleeping !! Its all good!!

General RON we hear you!

CanadiansLoveRonPaul
12-15-2007, 01:24 PM
It is because of the campaign law that Ron Paul cannot attend "the" teaparty, but he is saying the will enjoy his tea at "a" party. =) JUST LIKE ME!

Kacela
12-15-2007, 01:24 PM
This is perfectly timed to coincide with the tea party, waiting unti tomorrow would've have diminished it's impact. So, no, they should not have waited.

DrRich
12-15-2007, 01:27 PM

why? they sent it today so that people will know of tomorrow.

its called informing people.

Dave Pedersen
12-15-2007, 01:39 PM
I'm surprised and pleasantly relieved Jonathan did not once again demand tomorrow's money today. Will he be behind the podium Monday basking in the glow of the Tea Party as if he did not do everything he could to spoil it? Probably.

Nice letter from Da' Man..

Visual
12-15-2007, 01:43 PM
If you read it he was talking about the tea party while not talking about the tea party... calm down .. jeez..

Goldwater Conservative
12-15-2007, 01:55 PM
The people who will probably donate today in response to the e-mail don't know about the Tea Party. Maybe the campaign figures by the time they check their e-mail it'll already be Sunday.

As long as they also send out a midday e-mail tomorrow to effectively cheer us on and remind those who aren't following the widget religiously (like I will be, if I can help it) to join in the fun, it's all good.

c0unterph0bia
12-15-2007, 02:05 PM
I wish all the know-it-all folks on these forums would run for president instead of messing with a top notching campaign. I don't know why so many people doubt HQ and Ron Paul himself.