PDA

View Full Version : Rep Dan Crewshaw owning Bill Maher

KEEF
04-19-2020, 08:38 AM
This is well worth the watch. Just lays out the actual timeline of the COVID19 thing in Corgress. Made Bill Mahr look like a fool.

https://twitter.com/fleccas/status/1251745937069731841?s=21

1251745937069731841?s=21

PAF
04-19-2020, 08:53 AM
I did not care for either one of them.

Mahr: trump/government did not do enough, early enough.

Crewshaw: Citizens, trump/government got your backs.

Anti Federalist
04-19-2020, 12:22 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTGBJMDcras

CCTelander
04-19-2020, 01:51 PM

Plus, Crenshaw is basically a gun grabbing POS, having gone on record supporting a federal red flag law. Not my idea of a praiseworthy individual.

dannno
04-19-2020, 02:21 PM

Crenshaw was just putting out the facts of the timeline, the Democrats are trying to rewrite history and say that Trump should have closed the economy in January and the only thing stopping that from happening was Trump.

Trump is trying to open the economy as soon as possible, but also needs to take action against the virus so that they can't blame all of the deaths on him. He is also giving a lot of leeway to governors, and supporting citizen uprisings against the gun grabbing governor of Virginia and the totalitarian in Michigan. The Democrats are trying to sabotage the country, keep the economy closed and hype up the virus so that Trump won't be re-elected.

It's pretty clear to me the side to take on this one is Trump's side, whether or not you think he is the perfect President for our time and place, or whether you think Crenshaw is the ultimate model freedom candidate or not.

PAF
04-19-2020, 02:24 PM
Crenshaw was just putting out the facts of the timeline, the Democrats are trying to rewrite history and say that Trump should have closed the economy in January and the only thing stopping that from happening was Trump.

Trump is trying to open the economy as soon as possible, but also needs to take action against the virus so that they can't blame all of the deaths on him. He is also giving a lot of leeway to governors, and supporting citizen uprisings against the gun grabbing governor of Virginia and the totalitarian in Michigan. The Democrats are trying to sabotage the country, keep the economy closed and hype up the virus so that Trump won't be re-elected.

It's pretty clear to me the side to take on this one is Trump's side, whether or not you think he is the perfect President for our time and place, or whether you think Crenshaw is the ultimate model freedom candidate or not.

Government does not belong in healthcare. So, no.

PAF
04-19-2020, 02:25 PM
Plus, Crenshaw is basically a gun grabbing POS, having gone on record supporting a federal red flag law. Not my idea of a praiseworthy individual.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to CCTelander again.

dannno
04-19-2020, 02:48 PM
Government does not belong in healthcare. So, no.

Although optimal, that is not a current option, or anywhere near anything that could possibly be accomplished in the short term.

Would you prefer government be 95% involved in health care, or 5% involved in health care?

Would you prefer non-essential businesses be shut down for 30 days or 150 days?

Would you prefer that we look to treatments like hydroxycholorquine and other drugs that may help corona virus patients, or would you prefer a vaccine?

These are all options that are on the table now, and I have something to say about them because in each case one option is light years ahead of the other in terms of freedom, peace and prosperity.

Not to mention, I don't think you carefully read my post... How can you not prefer Trump when he is supporting citizen uprisings in various states against their tyrannical governors?? And overall taking a far less tyrannical approach to the whole thing compared to what Democrats want? Do you want the whole country to be on lockdown like some of these leftist states, or do you prefer that some governors allow their citizens more freedom?

This all seems far beyond obvious to me, I'm not sure what you are missing.

PAF
04-19-2020, 03:25 PM
Although optimal, that is not a current option, or anywhere near anything that could possibly be accomplished in the short term.

Would you prefer government be 95% involved in health care, or 5% involved in health care?

Would you prefer non-essential businesses be shut down for 30 days or 150 days?

Would you prefer that we look to treatments like hydroxycholorquine and other drugs that may help corona virus patients, or would you prefer a vaccine?

These are all options that are on the table now, and I have something to say about them because in each case one option is light years ahead of the other in terms of freedom, peace and prosperity.

Not to mention, I don't think you carefully read my post... How can you not prefer Trump when he is supporting citizen uprisings in various states against their tyrannical governors?? And overall taking a far less tyrannical approach to the whole thing compared to what Democrats want? Do you want the whole country to be on lockdown like some of these leftist states, or do you prefer that some governors allow their citizens more freedom?

This all seems far beyond obvious to me, I'm not sure what you are missing.

Government has no authority to shut down businesses. Trump never made that statement to inform people of that fact. Much less the governors, who trump is “working with”.

KEEF
04-19-2020, 04:34 PM
Agree, but his timeline seems to be legit. ... land this is coming from someone who cannot stand Trump.

dannno
04-19-2020, 05:42 PM
Government has no authority to shut down businesses. Trump never made that statement to inform people of that fact. Much less the governors, who trump is “working with”.

The government has the force to do whatever it wants, they don't care what you think. Who do you prefer controls it? Somebody who wants to reign in that power, or somebody who wants to expand it?

PAF
04-19-2020, 06:00 PM
The government has the force to do whatever it wants, they don't care what you think. Who do you prefer controls it? Somebody who wants to reign in that power, or somebody who wants to expand it?

LOL I really do not care what government thinks. I am so beyond that line of thinking... here, this might help:

Page 46:

http://www.kopubco.com/pdf/An_Agorist_Primer_by_SEK3.pdf

but then I would recommend the entire read ;-)

dannno
04-19-2020, 06:51 PM
LOL I really do not care what government thinks. I am so beyond that line of thinking... here, this might help:

Page 46:

I have no problem with you living in your agorist utopia within the context of an authoritarian government, but I want to reduce the size and scope of government.

dannno
04-19-2020, 06:52 PM

Page 46:

I have no problem with you living in your agorist utopia within the context of an authoritarian government, but I would prefer to reduce the size and scope of government.

I prefer a 5% tax to a 95% tax. You can't even answer the question of which you prefer.

PAF
04-19-2020, 07:02 PM
I have no problem with you living in your agorist utopia within the context of an authoritarian government, but I would prefer to reduce the size and scope of government.

I prefer a 5% tax to a 95% tax. You can't even answer the question of which you prefer.

The only winning move is not to play.

An Agorist lifestyle is not utopia. It is a way of life, putting impractical libertarian theory to practical use.

One can either help support the current corporate system by participating in it, accepting little bones here and there, or let it collapse, as is happening now.

Did you bother to read what I provided?

dannno
04-19-2020, 07:43 PM
The only winning move is not to play.

An Agorist lifestyle is not utopia. It is a way of life, putting impractical libertarian theory to practical use.

One can either help support the current corporate system by participating in it, accepting little bones here and there, or let it collapse, as is happening now.

Did you bother to read what I provided?

I opened it and skimmed through a little, I've read quite a bit of agorist material before. I wish you the best as far as you are not increasing government authority for your own perceived benefit. My preference is to decrease the roll of government, not expand it so that I can exploit a few loopholes and watch humanity take a nosedive.