PDA

View Full Version : HOLY CRAP....this is very very bad....

nist7
12-15-2007, 11:43 AM
....for all the nay sayers!!! The old media shall take notice in less than 12 hours.

I apologize for being "troll" and not "gown up." I was saddened to see a sharp rise in the donation rate today and had worried that we might "lose millions" due to peoples' mistake today for the 16th.

But we know tomorrow will be historic!

bnyles
12-15-2007, 11:44 AM
Take it easy. We will rock the world.

koob
12-15-2007, 11:45 AM
lol people got their dates wrong!

nist7
12-15-2007, 11:46 AM
Guys this is VERY bad news.......we can lose millions............

torchbearer
12-15-2007, 11:47 AM
Response of new people who saw the cramer interview last night?
150 new donors this morning. probably didn't know about the tea party.

torchbearer
12-15-2007, 11:48 AM

millions? maybe loose at the most $100k... if it even gets that high today.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
I am thinking that some of this has to do with RP appearing on PBS and Mad Money last night. I am sure that a lot of these folks donating today are first time donors (I havent seen any info on that so dont quote me) but yesterday was a very good TV day and I am it got the attention of a lot of people. Not to mention that I am sure THOUSANDS upon THOUSANDS have seen the one banner on the blimp and at least 1% of all of them went home and googled Ron Paul.

ItsTime
you're right. I was expecting to see 1 million or something :eek:

nist7
12-15-2007, 11:49 AM

heh, i was jumping to conclusions too quick.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
12-15-2007, 11:50 AM
At worst we may hit 11.5 mil before the day is done and in my opinion I think that is a good thing!

koob
12-15-2007, 11:52 AM
I am thinking that some of this has to do with RP appearing on PBS and Mad Money last night. I am sure that a lot of these folks donating today are first time donors (I havent seen any info on that so dont quote me) but yesterday was a very good TV day and I am it got the attention of a lot of people. Not to mention that I am sure THOUSANDS upon THOUSANDS have seen the one banner on the blimp and at least 1% of all of them went home and googled Ron Paul.

I disagree. In my browser I have the firefox add-on that tells you how much has been raised so far today. I was up at about 1-2a.m. on the PC and I noticed it was already at like 2,000 dollars. I'm usually on at this time and it's almost always below 1,000 dollars as of late. So I think some people just mixed up their dates!

angrydragon
Geez, not this again.

nist7
I disagree. In my browser I have the firefox add-on that tells you how much has been raised so far today. I was up at about 1-2a.m. on the PC and I noticed it was already at like 2,000 dollars. I'm usually on at this time and it's almost always below 1,000 dollars as of late. So I think some people just mixed up their dates!

koob, where can I get that firefox addon?

d991
12-15-2007, 11:55 AM

troll much?

nist7
12-15-2007, 11:58 AM
troll much?

Read much?

heh, i was jumping to conclusions too quick.

It 'might' be possible that up to 10,000 thought today is the day and thus 1 mil may be lost to the 16th.

Let's hope that's not the case here.

goRPaul
Oh grow up will you? Tomorrow is going to be amazing.

koob
koob, where can I get that firefox addon?

try this: http://ok4ronpaul.ashlux.com/wiki/index.php?title=Ron_Paul_Donations_Firefox_Extensi on

nist7
12-15-2007, 12:00 PM
try this: http://ok4ronpaul.ashlux.com/wiki/index.php?title=Ron_Paul_Donations_Firefox_Extensi on

Oliver
12-15-2007, 12:00 PM
This thread is funny .... but never mind - I'm also in Teaparty-Fever
and already thought the Glenn Beck Interview did already happen...

So relax - it's going to be a fantastic day for all of us ... in some hours.... :)
(By the way: The Teaparty07 countdown (http://www.teaparty07.com/images/teaparty.swf) seems to be false - it says
the Moneybomb will start in less than 5 Hours???)

Added: Forget it ... The Counter is based on the local machines
date and time - living in Germany it shows a false time to me...

bnyles
12-15-2007, 12:01 PM
Oh boy oh boy oh boy.... I feel like it's the New Year's Eve.... everybody counting together.... 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4 ...... :D

Doriath
12-15-2007, 12:03 PM
I suspect the bump is due to the new fundraising email the campaign sent out today.

ClayTrainor
12-15-2007, 12:23 PM
I suspect the bump is due to the new fundraising email the campaign sent out today.

definitely. It seems everytime ron sends out an email people get inspired to donate.

The people donating today probably dont even know about the tea party.

thrillhouse
12-15-2007, 12:32 PM
I'm with the others on here who think that today's bump is related to RP on mad money, PBS, blimp/blimp coverage and the campaign email. Maybe some people will be away from their computers tomorrow too.
Regardless, tomorrow will be a great day for freedom, liberty and RP.

hillertexas
12-15-2007, 12:34 PM
At worst we may hit 11.5 mil before the day is done and in my opinion I think that is a good thing!

+1
I think the closer to 12 mil that we start at tomorrow the better

Paul.Bearer.of.Injustice
12-15-2007, 12:36 PM
a lot of super-blizzards are preceded by a flat-wave that dump 4-6" of snow a day or two before..... then the blizzard hits and drops a couple feet.

ethyl
12-15-2007, 12:37 PM
ANY money going to campaign is GREAT news. Don't be selfish about the event. ;) So long as the money gets to RP's campaign, it's a success. They'll count towards the overall $ for this quarter, so it's all good.

ClassicalLiberal
12-15-2007, 12:39 PM
I'm hoping that tomorrow will exceed my hopes for tomorrow. As for today, let people donate. While I want the Tea Party to be a huge success, what I want more is for Ron Paul to have the money he needs to stay in the race and mount an effective campaign beyond the initial few states. If some of that comes in today, or Monday, whenever, fine. But for those of us focused on tomorrow, then tomorrow is the day we donate. Hopefully, we'll smash Nov. 5's record to pieces.

Sey.Naci
12-15-2007, 12:39 PM
I'm with the others on here who think that today's bump is related to RP on mad money, PBS, blimp/blimp coverage and the campaign email. Maybe some people will be away from their computers tomorrow too.
Regardless, tomorrow will be a great day for freedom, liberty and RP.
Yup. In addition, there will still be people who get confused about time zones - and in some parts of the world, it's already the 16th. So iike last time, there will be the inevitable early donations, starting before midnite EST, however early donations didn't hurt the Nov 5th moneybomb and it won't hurt this one either.

Naraku
12-15-2007, 12:51 PM
This may be some people who want to get Paul up to $11.5 million before the Tea Party as well. I was figuring and hoping there'd be a bump. This is minor though, without a doubt. I don't even expect it to reach $100,000. However, as long as it reaches $60,000 and gets it up to $11.5 million, it will all be good.

Claytanic
12-15-2007, 01:17 PM
One day records aside, I think we can all agree that a few hundred thousand would hardly be anything to worry about. That aside, are we really complaining that people are sending money to the campaign? Analyse the thought process that leads you to reason this as a negative outcome for any involved.

I'm certain we'll raise quite enough money tomorrow.

Scruffy the Janitor
12-15-2007, 01:23 PM
Sooner than later, I would love to see us hit 12 million to day and then see the 16th as the final cherry on top!!!

Heather in WI
12-15-2007, 01:42 PM
What are you panicked about?

The fundraising today is very low ~ about $37,00 as of 1:40 pm. On November 5th around this time we had raised about 1.6 million.

Today seems like a pretty average day.

lucius
12-15-2007, 02:09 PM
ANY money going to campaign is GREAT news. Don't be selfish about the event. ;) So long as the money gets to RP's campaign, it's a success. They'll count towards the overall $ for this quarter, so it's all good.

Well put and welcome.

rory096
12-15-2007, 02:15 PM
What are you panicked about?

The fundraising today is very low ~ about $37,00 as of 1:40 pm. On November 5th around this time we had raised about 1.6 million.

Today seems like a pretty average day.
It's higher than any recent day, though, so people obviously do think the tea party's today. It looks like we'll only lose about $100,000 though.

rory096
12-15-2007, 02:16 PM
It certainly doesn't help that the fundraising numbers and a tea party video are up on the top of the forum. Why are they there already? They should be replaced with the countdown until midnight.

rory096
12-15-2007, 02:19 PM
Oh, and the campaign sent out an email. Great.

Dan D.
12-15-2007, 02:24 PM
New donors appear to be slightly over half of total donors today*, which is a higher proportion than it's been all week. I suspect Jim Cramer had something to do with it.

*Figuring this by comparing the per capita US donations red and green lines. If the green line is actually based on the black line, then 3/4 of donors today are new donors.

We won't break 100k today**. I'll be surprised if we make 70k.

**today based on 12:00 AM to 11:45 PM. After that, all bets are off.

Alex Libman
12-15-2007, 02:31 PM
The "moneybomb" obsession is a good thing, but only to a certain extent. Being worried that people are donating days before a moneybomb is counterproductive! In the long run, while absolute day-of-the-bomb numbers are important to Trevor's career, what matters for the Ron Paul campaign is raising the most money TOTAL. This isn't a zero-sum game, a lot of people are fence-sitters and will only donate if they feel something big is happening - Human Psychology 101.

As I was just saying on another forum (http://bbs.freetalklive.com/index.php?topic=17842.msg347215#msg347215), having a two-day moneybomb, a smaller-yet-still-impressive-by-Huckabee-standards one on Saturday and a nuclear-deathblow-to-the-neocons one on Sunday, might be the best combination. The former would actually help the latter, because as people on MySpace & stuff hear that something big is going on, it's still going on and accelerating the next day, and the total raised would be higher.

So if you wanted to donate today, the Bill of Rights day - no problem!

Dan D.
12-15-2007, 02:34 PM
I wonder how the Kucinich money bomb is going...

WV Freedom Fighter
12-15-2007, 02:41 PM
I think some of the donations today are from Christians that will not be participating tommorow, because they do not spend money on Sunday.

the_oco
12-15-2007, 03:05 PM
I look at it like this, on the november 4th we started to see the graph swell around 5pm est, and then 9pm-12am it started to spike, then from midnight to midnight we rocked 4.2mil. Well this 16th is going to be twice as big, so we had to expect the early swell to do the same. This just gets me all the more excited.

I agree with others, the excellent Jim Cramer interview probably helped bring in a lot of financial guys who saw the interview yesterday, spent last night and this morning doing their own personal research, and then decided to send in some cash.

I got a call last night from my dad saying he thought Ron was great on Cramer. I've talked to him before about supporting Paul but as soon as I start talking he shuts down and puts me on the real worlds version of an ignore list since he is Neoconesque and Ron's foreign policy goes against everything he's been supporting for 6 years. However if their is one thing a neocon loves besides war, its MONEY, and last night Ron finally got through to my dad, and he ended up sending in $500 today even though he probably won't vote Ron in the Wisconsin primary

Chernitsky
12-15-2007, 03:09 PM
there was no spike

http://smiliesftw.com/x/weaksauce.gif (http://smiliesftw.com)

shortna
12-15-2007, 03:12 PM

yup. it started spiking when the email went out. these are the people that did not know about the tea party, so it will be a good segway to tomorrows big day!

kushaze
12-15-2007, 03:16 PM
I think some of the donations today are from Christians that will not be participating tommorow, because they do not spend money on Sunday.

Good point.

torchbearer
12-15-2007, 03:17 PM

Do they not realize the Sabbath is Saturday not Sunday?

the_oco
12-15-2007, 03:20 PM
Do they not realize the Sabbath is Saturday not Sunday?

Blasphemy! ;)

torchbearer
12-15-2007, 03:22 PM
Blasphemy! ;)

lol! Hey don't look at me, God chose that day...

obstruksion
12-15-2007, 03:38 PM
Does ronpaulgraphs.com have a chart for NEW donors? All the ones I can find just show total donors.

I think new donors would be a great way of tracking new interest in the campaign.

Dan D.
12-15-2007, 04:12 PM
Does ronpaulgraphs.com have a chart for NEW donors? All the ones I can find just show total donors.

I think new donors would be a great way of tracking new interest in the campaign.
You have to go to per capita donors, but yes, it does. Green line.

squandertime
12-15-2007, 05:20 PM
i think it is just that everyone wants his goal to be met
and then add it on tommorrow!!!

here's to doubling the campaign goal!!!!!!!!!!

liberTEA!

><> robin

JT1
12-15-2007, 06:19 PM
I look at it like this, on the november 4th we started to see the graph swell around 5pm est, and then 9pm-12am it started to spike, then from midnight to midnight we rocked 4.2mil. Well this 16th is going to be twice as big, so we had to expect the early swell to do the same. This just gets me all the more excited.

I agree with others, the excellent Jim Cramer interview probably helped bring in a lot of financial guys who saw the interview yesterday, spent last night and this morning doing their own personal research, and then decided to send in some cash.

I got a call last night from my dad saying he thought Ron was great on Cramer. I've talked to him before about supporting Paul but as soon as I start talking he shuts down and puts me on the real worlds version of an ignore list since he is Neoconesque and Ron's foreign policy goes against everything he's been supporting for 6 years. However if their is one thing a neocon loves besides war, its MONEY, and last night Ron finally got through to my dad, and he ended up sending in $500 today even though he probably won't vote Ron in the Wisconsin primary

That was a great interview on Mad Money with Jim Cramer. :D

Link for those that haven't seen it yet:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8teEHdCrFqE

You still have some time to convince your Dad. ;)

Ask him, if about 70% of the American people are against the Iraq war and want the troops home, does he really think a Pro-War Republican can win the GENERAL election? :rolleyes:

If he sent $500 today to Ron Paul he may just wait and see what happens in the earlier states.

RonPaulwillWin
12-15-2007, 07:49 PM
Response of new people who saw the cramer interview last night?
150 new donors this morning. probably didn't know about the tea party.

Where do you find out how many new donors there are?

split_lipz
12-15-2007, 07:50 PM
....for all the nay sayers!!! The old media shall take notice in less than 12 hours.

I apologize for being "troll" and not "gown up." I was saddened to see a sharp rise in the donation rate today and had worried that we might "lose millions" due to peoples' mistake today for the 16th.

But we know tomorrow will be historic!

What the heck was the point of this thread again?

francisco
12-15-2007, 08:20 PM
lol! Hey don't look at me, God chose that day...

I'm looking for a religion that has 6 days of rest and 1 day of work.

6 sevenths of the Earth's surface is covered by water, so any fool can plainly see that God intended Man to spend 6 days of the week fishing!

azam
12-15-2007, 08:49 PM
When does the day begin? EST, CST, PST?

xexkxex
12-15-2007, 08:51 PM
12:01am est...12:30 to be safe...;)

erin moore
12-15-2007, 10:37 PM
Where do you find out how many new donors there are?

http://ronpaulgraphs.com/text_stats.html

in the box on the top right side there is a column for total donors today and below that "estimated new donors today." I dont know how they come up with that, but its the most reliable number you have unless they put out the info later.