PDA

View Full Version : H-1B Visa Alert (85,000 on the way!)

Warlord
03-30-2020, 12:34 PM
President Donald Trump’s deputies announced Friday that they had begun the process of importing 85,000 H-1B gig workers to take white-collar jobs that will be needed after October by the millions of American graduates who are now losing jobs in the coronavirus crash.

“This is just an unspeakable action,” said Marie Larson, a co-founder of the American Workers Coalition, which opposes the many visa worker programs that have transferred at least one million white-collar jobs to foreign workers. “I don’t believe President Trump ordered this — the swamp went ahead with this,” she said.

“If the H-1B program is just for filling jobs that Americans cannot fill amid for labor shortages, then this would not be happening,” said John Miano, a lawyer with the Immigration Law Reform Institute. “But it is not a labor-shortage program — it is a cheap labor program to displace Americans,” he said.

The 2020 lottery “is in your face that is the purpose of the program.”

The agency announced Friday that it had received enough corporate requests to snatch up all of the 2020 supply of H-1B visas.

This annual supply includes 20,000 visas for foreigners who pay for graduate degrees at American colleges, plus 65,000 visas for graduates who are directly imported from India, China, and other countries. Non-profits — such as hospitals and universities — are allowed to also import an unlimited number of “cap-exempt” H-1Bs for white-collar jobs.

More:

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/03/27/donald-trump-dhs-starts-to-import-85000-h-1b-graduate-gig-workers/

Anti Federalist
03-30-2020, 12:43 PM
Treason.

oyarde
03-30-2020, 12:59 PM
WTF . I don't need anymore Wuhan.

enhanced_deficit
03-31-2020, 09:58 PM
Posts in thread seem to undermine the 'diversity is our strength' model being championed by MAGA leadership.

Also, this might be wrong time to close all air orders. A reporter asked at White House briefing if after travel ban for Europeans there will be additional bans and POTUS opposed that if recall correctly.

Trump Jr is wooing India to make his real estate empire great again!
Looking to sell million-dollar homes in the country, he leveraged his family name by a good measure. Priced between $775,000 and $1.5 million (Rs5.5 crore and Rs11 crore), Trump’s luxury apartments are due for completion in 2023. His firm has even found buyers.
In fact, India is already the $9.5 billion company’s second-largest residential real estate market outside the US.
qz.com/india/1211991/donald-trump-jr-is-in-india-to-promote-his-real-estate-empire/

President Donald Trump arrives Monday in a country featuring the most Trump properties outside the U.S. (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?544071-quot-7-million-people-quot-Trump-heads-to-India-for-a-giant-rally&p=6925520&viewfull=1#post6925520)
Trump visits a big foreign market — for the U.S. and for Trump Org
For three years, Trump has worked with India on trade. And for three years, Trump’s company has worked to promote its developments there.
Trump Tower in Mumbai still under construction in 2017.
02/22/2020

US approves more H-1B visas this year
Oct 14, 2019

US has approved a higher number of H-1B applications this year
3.89 lakh applications were approved for the fiscal 2019, up from last year's 3.35 lakh
In past years, more than 70% of the aggregate H-1B visa applications for new jobs and visa extensions given to those born in India

India to enter 'total lockdown' after spike in coronavirus cases (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?544938-India-to-enter-total-lockdown-after-spike-in-cases&)

https://static.seattletimes.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/d7e7237657584561971c2b560565fb57-780x1235.jpg

The Seattle Times
Taxpayers' bill for Trump Jr.'s business trip to India: $32,000

Donald Trump Jr mixes business with politics while in India

Related

Conservative rising star Donald Jr says USMCA (NAFTA 2.0) great for US (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?540576-Conservative-rising-star-Donald-Jr-says-USMCA-(NAFTA-2-0)-great-for-US&)

pcosmar
03-31-2020, 10:55 PM
So Phucking What..??

It has no effect..
Are you honestly afraid of Competition.

@AF,, is one of them a better Captain? are you seriously threatened..

I have never sweated the Competition..,, I am better than most of them anyway.
.and if someone wants a shit job there is someone to do it.

Anybody can drive a boat,, right??

not to single you out,, but the point remains..

Iron Sharpens Iron,,so one man his fellow..

Dude there are some Cuban Iron workin Boatmen I would love to buy a beer for.

tebowlives
04-01-2020, 08:36 AM
So Phucking What..??

It has no effect..

.and if someone wants a $#@! job there is someone to do it.

Dude there are some Cuban Iron workin Boatmen I would love to buy a beer for.I might agree if we didn't have welfare. So less Americans are producing and more are going to be on handouts.

Warlord
04-01-2020, 10:30 PM

enhanced_deficit
04-04-2020, 12:54 PM
So Phucking What..??

For somo MAGA supporters this could have political significance as another apparent flip-flop... among other things

Trump: I want to scrap all H1B visas (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?521272-How-much-trust-do-you-put-in-current-President-s-promises-and-statements&p=6752896&viewfull=1#post6752896)

AngryCanadian
04-04-2020, 02:20 PM
For somo MAGA supporters this could have political significance as another apparent flip-flop... among other things

A joe biden presidency would be worse. He already calls for a green deal that idiot

tebowlives
04-04-2020, 06:29 PM

Trump: I want to scrap all H1B visas (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?521272-How-much-trust-do-you-put-in-current-President-s-promises-and-statements&p=6752896&viewfull=1#post6752896)

He didn't keep his word again. As if that matters much anymore. (unfortunately)

Philhelm
04-06-2020, 05:35 PM
So Phucking What..??

It has no effect..

.and if someone wants a shit job there is someone to do it.

Dude there are some Cuban Iron workin Boatmen I would love to buy a beer for.

I don't believe that it is healthy competition.

U.S. citizens are often competing against people who benefit from much cheaper education costs (H-1B visas require a minimum of a bachelor's degree), so in effect are competing against not only the foreign worker, but the foreign government that is subsidizing the foreign worker.

Since H-1B visa holders may only remain within the U.S. if they are working for the petitioning employer, the employer wields a significant deal of leverage over the foreign worker in terms of low wages and expectations. In essence, the employer sidesteps the local market conditions by petitioning the government for foreign workers. At best, it's a corrupted form of competition.

Philhelm
04-06-2020, 05:36 PM
He didn't keep his word again. As if that matters much anymore. (unfortunately)

I'm not sure what power he has to end H-1B visas. The numerical limits are set by Congress.

tebowlives
04-06-2020, 09:54 PM
I'm not sure what power he has to end H-1B visas. The numerical limits are set by Congress.
If they don't get the 2/3 ~290 then he can veto it.

Philhelm
04-07-2020, 01:22 PM
If they don't get the 2/3 ~290 then he can veto it.

I believe that the current cap level has been in effect since 2004. Trump can't veto bills that were already passed.

tebowlives
04-07-2020, 02:52 PM
I believe that the current cap level has been in effect since 2004. Trump can't veto bills that were already passed.
lol I'm not the one talking about past bills, you are. Why bring it up?

So there have been no Bills pertaining to H1Bs since Trump has been in office? Is that what you're saying? Or you weren't aware of any? lol So if Bill S386 passes you are saying Trump doesn't have veto power?

I have no idea what your point is now.

Warlord
04-08-2020, 09:30 AM
Feds Stop Entry of H-1B Foreign Visa Workers During Coronavirus Crisis

The State Department’s temporary suspension of visa processing has stopped the inflow of H-1B foreign visa workers into American white-collar jobs while the Chinese coronavirus crisis drives up United States jobless claims to more than ten million.

In a given year, more than 100,000 foreign workers are brought to the U.S. on the H-1B visa and are allowed to stay for up to six years. There are about 650,000 H-1B visa foreign workers in the U.S. at any given moment.

Americans are often laid off in the process and forced to train their foreign replacements, as highlighted by Breitbart News. More than 85,000 Americans annually potentially lose their jobs to foreign labor through the H-1B visa program

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/04/07/feds-stop-entry-of-h-1b-foreign-visa-workers-during-coronavirus-crisis/

enhanced_deficit
04-08-2020, 10:39 PM
The numerical limits are set by Congress.

This POTUS seems to motivate Congress members pretty strongly too.. especially if Congress members do not support his vision.

Trump tweets: "Third rate grandstander" Massie is a disaster for Kentucky and America (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?545006-Trump-tweets-quot-Third-rate-grandstander-quot-Massie-is-a-disaster-for-Kentucky-and-America&)

Best for Congress members to pass things that POTUS supports if they don't want to lose their seats.

Philhelm
04-09-2020, 06:34 AM
lol I'm not the one talking about past bills, you are. Why bring it up?

So there have been no Bills pertaining to H1Bs since Trump has been in office? Is that what you're saying? Or you weren't aware of any? lol So if Bill S386 passes you are saying Trump doesn't have veto power?

I have no idea what your point is now.

The current, yearly, numerical limit on new H-1B visas predates Trump. It doesn't look like S386 has passed Congress. Were there any bills related to the H-1B cap that passed? If not, what is Trump supposed to veto?

enhanced_deficit
04-10-2020, 12:24 PM
Trump: Need (more) people in US (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?528262-Trump-Need-(more)-people-in-US&)

PAF
04-10-2020, 02:21 PM
Trump: Need (more) people in US (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?528262-Trump-Need-(more)-people-in-US&)

Well, they need more folks to Fund the Fed, in these trying times. There is no desire to End the Fed even among some folks on this board, anymore. Papers Please, and boy is it coming. Except paper is a thing of the past. Environmentalist, don’t ya know, Biometrics are much more modern-er-er-er.

enhanced_deficit
04-22-2020, 03:47 PM
NYT today:

For Indian Diaspora, Panic and Anger Over Trump’s Immigration Plans

Indian citizens fill critical jobs in the United States in tech and business. Now, they fear for their futures — the “upending of life by a tweet.”

April 22, 2020

Families gathering at a Hindu temple in New York City in 2016. Indians are one of the largest contingents of immigrants to the United States.Credit...Sasha Maslov for The New York Times

Lining up to file for unemployment at an Arkansas Workforce Center in Fort Smith, Ark., in April.Credit...Nick Oxford/Reuters

For now, programs like H-1B are unlikely to be immediately affected by the new restrictions.

nytimes.com/2020/04/22/world/asia/india-immigration-trump-coronavirus.html