PDA

View Full Version : Operation Honest Poll ! ! !

robandsally
12-15-2007, 10:31 AM
Tired of all the dishonest and inaccurate polls out there putting Ron Paul in single digits?

There are numerous reputable independent polling firms that we can use to conduct our own independent poll.

What's the interest level here in raising the money to publish our own poll of the American people, nationally, in NH, and in Iowa?

Please discuss. This is totally do-able.

bc2208
12-15-2007, 10:38 AM
I'd love to see that. Do polling companies just use the phone book?

The Lantern
12-15-2007, 10:40 AM
Tired of all the dishonest and inaccurate polls out there putting Ron Paul in single digits?

There are numerous reputable independent polling firms that we can use to conduct our own independent poll.

What's the interest level here in raising the money to publish our own poll of the American people, nationally, in NH, and in Iowa?

Please discuss. This is totally do-able.

I would donate.

robandsally
12-15-2007, 10:43 AM
I'd love to see that. Do polling companies just use the phone book?
Companies use random digit dialing, and can choose from a number of databases. We'd probably want to call a list of registered voters, and these companies usually already have this on hand.

It take about 1200 "Completes" to do a survey, whether national or state. A "Complete" is a completed survey with a registered voter. But, it could take 20,000 calls or more in order to actually get 1200 Completes.