PDA

View Full Version : Will Coronavirus-Weary Americans Start To Rebel In ‘Wartime’ ?

acptulsa
03-21-2020, 06:58 AM
Pat Buchanan

https://www.theamericanconservative.com/buchanan/will-coronavirus-weary-americans-start-to-rebel-in-wartime/

"It’s a war,” says President Donald Trump of his efforts to contain the coronavirus pandemic, and likening his role to that of “wartime president.”

New York Governor Andrew Cuomo welcomed the president’s claim to his commander in chief role in the crisis and his resolve: “The president and I agreed yesterday… we’re fighting the same war — and this is a war.”

Some measures already taken do call to mind actions in wartime.

Commercial airline flights have been reduced or canceled. Schools have been closed. Universities have shut their doors.

Where Ford, Chrysler, GM and other great auto companies shifted production to jeeps, tanks and bombers in 1942, U.S. auto factories have today been shut down to prevent the spread of the virus.

Bars and restaurants are being closed.

This month, millions of Americans will be added to unemployment rolls, and millions of senior citizens and elderly have already followed government directives to “self-isolate” or “shelter in place.”

There is talk of quarantines lasting not days or weeks, as Americans knew in the days of measles, mumps, chickenpox, scarlet fever and polio, but months.

While a new social solidarity and spirit of self-sacrifice seem to be manifesting themselves in this pandemic, can it endure?

Is the country prepared for months, or years, of social isolation, if that is what is required to win this war?

It is a question that needs to be addressed...

A prediction: The longer the orders to shelter in place and self-isolate remain in force, the greater the probability they will begin to be ignored and people will take the risks to end their isolation and be with friends.

Will Americans suffer in social isolation, inside their own homes for months, while a state-induced Great Depression washes over the land?

My guess is that many will rebel.

03-21-2020, 07:08 AM
I don't think we will see much push back at all from the public. They are meekly complying so far. This may be how freedom ends, from a mass panic over the flu.

RJB
03-21-2020, 07:19 AM
I don't think we will see much push back at all from the public. They are meekly complying so far. This may be how freedom ends, from a mass panic over the flu.
I don't know. On one hand, a lot of youth wish to party. I saw police clearing crowded beaches in Florida.

On the other hand there are business owners, like myself, who have no idea how we are paying the bills if this goes on more than a couple weeks. When it comes down to it, I am going to feed my kids.

PAF
03-21-2020, 07:23 AM
I am still enjoying the outdoors, taking strolls, observing the empty streets. I was quite surprised to see a couple of LEO walking their canines. I have never seen anything like this in my entire life. Amazing.

Grandmastersexsay
03-21-2020, 07:53 AM

It is a cold virus. Not the flu.

Madison320
03-21-2020, 08:10 AM
I don't know. On one hand, a lot of youth wish to party. I saw police clearing crowded beaches in Florida.

On the other hand there are business owners, like myself, who have no idea how we are paying the bills if this goes on more than a couple weeks. When it comes down to it, I am going to feed my kids.

Something just occurred to me. While I'm opposed to all bailouts I would think if the government forces businesses to close they should be compensated.

Madison320
03-21-2020, 08:13 AM
I am still enjoying the outdoors, taking strolls, observing the empty streets. I was quite surprised to see a couple of LEO walking their canines. I have never seen anything like this in my entire life. Amazing.

Social distancing has always been my goal.

I'm going fishing today and I don't expect to see anybody else near me but my dog. :)

acptulsa
03-21-2020, 08:13 AM
It is a cold virus. Not the flu.

That's not exactly the proverbial distinction without a difference. More of a difference without a distinction.

PAF
03-21-2020, 08:15 AM
Something just occurred to me. While I'm opposed to all bailouts I would think if the government forces businesses to close they should be compensated.

That occurred to me too. But isn’t that what tptb want/planned?

Madison320
03-21-2020, 08:23 AM
That occurred to me too. But isn’t that what tptb want/planned?

I thought they wanted to bailout everyone?

PAF
03-21-2020, 08:30 AM
I thought they wanted to bailout everyone?

Forcing businesses to close ultimately leads to bailouts. And more government control. At added cost to taxpayers. Among everything else which opposes the true free market.

oyarde
03-21-2020, 08:49 AM

that is correct

03-21-2020, 08:51 AM

Cash reserves are important in business but not always practical for some. My business could currently survive 4-5 years without a sale. A lot of my competitors are not going to survive this. They have their inventory financed and constantly rob Peter to pay Paul.

03-21-2020, 08:54 AM

I'm opposed to bailouts as well. But if the government is handing out money I am taking it. It was mine to begin with.

Madison320
03-21-2020, 09:09 AM
Forcing businesses to close ultimately leads to bailouts. And more government control. At added cost to taxpayers. Among everything else which opposes the true free market.

That's a good point although that leads to a separate question. "Should the government ever be allowed to force closures?"

Weston White
03-21-2020, 09:36 AM
The entire thing would seem to be an overtly fabricated hoax to cause mass panic and ignite a global war on vaccinating.

Annual CDC influenza figures, United States cases, averaged over the last 8-years:

Deaths: 37,875 (3,156 per month)
Hospitalizations: 440,875 (36,740 per month)
Illnesses: 27,787,500 (2,315,625 per month)

Coronavirus over the last (approx.) 60-days within the United States:

Deaths: 260 (130 per month)
Reported cases: 19,624 (9,812 per month)
Recoveries: 147 (73.5 a month)

* COVID-19 has no prescribed vaccine as of yet. Ergo, a ‘corona virus’ is effectively a generic name (temporarily) given to a virus that exhibits flu like symptoms and for which no vaccination or cure has been created.

** In addition, the CDC has reported that “between 291,000 and 646,000 people worldwide die from seasonal influenza-related respiratory illnesses each year.”

*** ‘Pandemic’ defined: an outbreak of a disease that occurs over a wide geographic area and affects an exceptionally high proportion of the population : a pandemic outbreak of a disease

RJB
03-21-2020, 09:37 AM
I am sure single, trust fund babies see this shut down as a truly magical experience.

PAF
03-21-2020, 10:41 AM
That's a good point although that leads to a separate question. "Should the government ever be allowed to force closures?"

No. If the business is mine, or even handled by a board, nobody has a right to say what I can or should do with it. If the consumer opted not to buy my goods or services, that is their choice, and should be the only determination whether my doors stay open or not.

My signature says it best ;-)

pcosmar
03-21-2020, 10:57 AM

No..

the Government should never do anything,,nor have means to do so..

The people do as they wish and tell the Government what to do..

in a free society.

pcosmar
03-21-2020, 11:00 AM
I am sure single, trust fund babies see this shut down as a truly magical experience.

They shut down Spring Break.

there will be wailing and gnashing of teeth..

and lost income for the service industry.

03-21-2020, 11:08 AM
The entire thing would seem to be an overtly fabricated hoax to cause mass panic and ignite a global war on vaccinating.

Annual CDC influenza figures, United States cases, averaged over the last 8-years:

Deaths: 37,875 (3,156 per month)
Hospitalizations: 440,875 (36,740 per month)
Illnesses: 27,787,500 (2,315,625 per month)

Coronavirus over the last (approx.) 60-days within the United States:

Deaths: 260 (130 per month)
Reported cases: 19,624 (9,812 per month)
Recoveries: 147 (73.5 a month)

* COVID-19 has no prescribed vaccine as of yet. Ergo, a ‘corona virus’ is effectively a generic name (temporarily) given to a virus that exhibits flu like symptoms and for which no vaccination or cure has been created.

** In addition, the CDC has reported that “between 291,000 and 646,000 people worldwide die from seasonal influenza-related respiratory illnesses each year.”

*** ‘Pandemic’ defined: an outbreak of a disease that occurs over a wide geographic area and affects an exceptionally high proportion of the population : a pandemic outbreak of a disease

I have no explanation as to why there is mass panic over this particular virus and not others. As you have seen, statistically it's not that bad.

I don't know if I buy into the whole idea of a nefarious global cabal conspiring to benefit from mass panic, but something hinky is surely afoot here. This doesn't feel right. Anyone with half a brain can google the numbers and see it's just not that bad.

acptulsa
03-21-2020, 11:48 AM
I have no explanation as to why there is mass panic over this particular virus and not others. As you have seen, statistically it's not that bad.

I don't know if I buy into the whole idea of a nefarious global cabal conspiring to benefit from mass panic, but something hinky is surely afoot here. This doesn't feel right. Anyone with half a brain can google the numbers and see it's just not that bad.

Was there mass panic, at least outside of Italy? All I saw lose its damned mind was the Very Stable Geniuses of government, not any significant portion of the public.

If there's no benefit to be derived from what the government is doing, why is it being done? Did government lose its mind?

oyarde
03-21-2020, 11:51 AM
Rebel ? How ? they cannot go out for pizza and beer , its closed to dine in .

acptulsa
03-21-2020, 11:55 AM
Rebel ? How ? they cannot go out for pizza and beer , its closed to dine in .

I can totally see "flash diners" grabbing their to go boxes and invading closed dining rooms.

Gumba of Liberty
03-21-2020, 11:58 AM
No. If the business is mine, or even handled by a board, nobody has a right to say what I can or should do with it. If the consumer opted not to buy my goods or services, that is their choice, and should be the only determination whether my doors stay open or not.

My signature says it best ;-)

Explain liquor licenses and 2am last calls to me then. Point being, if you want your Liberty you can’t give an inch and you’ve got to hold the line... all the time!

PAF
03-21-2020, 12:16 PM
Explain liquor licenses and 2am last calls to me then. Point being, if you want your Liberty you can’t give an inch and you’ve got to hold the line... all the time!

Liquor “licenses” are contracts with the state. Same with CCW, and the weekend burning “permits” in your own backyard, which sheep are too eager and happy to purchase. Civil disobedience anyone ;-)

Yes you are right.

Brian4Liberty
03-21-2020, 12:24 PM
Most people are complying voluntarily, but there is a lot of “rebelling” that has been going on since the beginning. There are bars and businesses that haven’t closed. Yesterday I was driving by a public park, and it looked like a Saturday. A big soccer game was going on, with some spectators. Guess some of the Hispanic workers who are not working are using this as a holiday. On TV they show younger people that are playing basketball, things like that.

There was a (paid) gardener out doing some yards in the neighborhood. He was by himself, so social distancing was correct, but I have heard that Police in some cities have stopped and told gardeners to go home.

So the real question is not when or if people will rebel, it’s when will the authorities crack down on people who don’t respect their authoritay?

03-21-2020, 12:38 PM
Was there mass panic, at least outside of Italy? All I saw lose its damned mind was the Very Stable Geniuses of government, not any significant portion of the public.

If there's no benefit to be derived from what the government is doing, why is it being done? Did government lose its mind?

What is your idea of mass panic? I think I have seen mass panic. The local stores are emptied out for no reason. Whole isles are empty. My kids say they saw shoppers in masks and gloves. I have family members refusing to leave their homes and losing their shit about having a visitor come over. I was on a plane last week so I have people refusing to be near both me and anyone I contacted. This is in the middle of nowhere, we have no cities within 50 miles.

I offer no explanation for what the majority of the public and the government are doing. I don't understand it at all. I'm not concerned at all about the virus, I'm concerned about the economic fallout.

Anti Federalist
03-21-2020, 01:16 PM

This is a dry run.

The purpose here is to see if they can tamp down the herd (that's us) long enough to allow the elites to get to their bunkers and shelters during the period of time before a really bad bug burns 99 percent of us down.

shakey1
03-21-2020, 10:47 PM
Yes, pretty evident MSM has been stoking fear & panic from the get go.

RonZeplin
03-21-2020, 11:22 PM
RESIST the Big Pharma Totalitarian Deep State tyranny.. :redflag:

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2F1.bp.blogspot.com%2F-KMxJSoJqFjA%2FVjC-5QdFLoI%2FAAAAAAAAjPY%2FahziLFthAgM%2Fs1600%2Fglas ses.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Stay healthy & stay free. :up: Just say NO to gov

CaptainAmerica
03-22-2020, 12:06 AM
Pat Buchanan

https://www.theamericanconservative.com/buchanan/will-coronavirus-weary-americans-start-to-rebel-in-wartime/

"It’s a war,” says President Donald Trump of his efforts to contain the coronavirus pandemic, and likening his role to that of “wartime president.”

New York Governor Andrew Cuomo welcomed the president’s claim to his commander in chief role in the crisis and his resolve: “The president and I agreed yesterday… we’re fighting the same war — and this is a war.”

Some measures already taken do call to mind actions in wartime.

Commercial airline flights have been reduced or canceled. Schools have been closed. Universities have shut their doors.

Where Ford, Chrysler, GM and other great auto companies shifted production to jeeps, tanks and bombers in 1942, U.S. auto factories have today been shut down to prevent the spread of the virus.

Bars and restaurants are being closed.

This month, millions of Americans will be added to unemployment rolls, and millions of senior citizens and elderly have already followed government directives to “self-isolate” or “shelter in place.”

There is talk of quarantines lasting not days or weeks, as Americans knew in the days of measles, mumps, chickenpox, scarlet fever and polio, but months.

While a new social solidarity and spirit of self-sacrifice seem to be manifesting themselves in this pandemic, can it endure?

Is the country prepared for months, or years, of social isolation, if that is what is required to win this war?

It is a question that needs to be addressed...

A prediction: The longer the orders to shelter in place and self-isolate remain in force, the greater the probability they will begin to be ignored and people will take the risks to end their isolation and be with friends.

Will Americans suffer in social isolation, inside their own homes for months, while a state-induced Great Depression washes over the land?

My guess is that many will rebel.
a dragnet is being made. Be assured youre being watched. I believe ive been monitored in my apartment complex for not following "suggested" curfew. Now i will never return unless this ends

Gumba of Liberty
03-22-2020, 01:45 AM
This is a dry run.

The purpose here is to see if they can tamp down the herd (that's us) long enough to allow the elites to get to their bunkers and shelters during the period of time before a really bad bug burns 99 percent of us down.

The great thing about viruses for them is, unlike nuclear weapons, viruses leave the infrastructure intact (thank you V for Vendetta which becomes for relevant by the minute) BUT the great thing about viruses for us is that even if they think they can control them and run to their bunkers a plague like bug won’t discriminate. They might take the chance and run to their bunkers for five years and then come out only to die then (hehe).

The more likely development is they are using this (kind of lame in terms of death toll) bug to cover for the impeding financial collapse (and prevent the central banks from being blamed), to crush the global populist revolt, destroy what’s left of nation states, and then swoop in at the end with a vaccine cure and a new digital world currency as the saviors of mankind. (Again, thank you V for Vendetta) This is the last best hope for Western Oligarch World Domination. It seems to me they, the Wall Street, City of London Financiers & Media Operators are panicking and throwing up a hail-mary. I actually think it’s kind of a lame attempt but we will see.

BortSimpson
03-22-2020, 05:55 AM

https://www.corbettreport.com/mml2020/

BortSimpson
03-22-2020, 06:18 AM
The great thing about viruses for them is, unlike nuclear weapons, viruses leave the infrastructure intact (thank you V for Vendetta which becomes for relevant by the minute) BUT the great thing about viruses for us is that even if they think they can control them and run to their bunkers a plague like bug won’t discriminate. They might take the chance and run to their bunkers for five years and then come out only to die then (hehe).

The more likely development is they are using this (kind of lame in terms of death toll) bug to cover for the impeding financial collapse (and prevent the central banks from being blamed), to crush the global populist revolt, destroy what’s left of nation states, and then swoop in at the end with a vaccine cure and a new digital world currency as the saviors of mankind. (Again, thank you V for Vendetta) This is the last best hope for Western Oligarch World Domination. It seems to me they, the Wall Street, City of London Financiers & Media Operators are panicking and throwing up a hail-mary. I actually think it’s kind of a lame attempt but we will see.

The whole thing seems very fishy to me because of the timing. There was a worldwide debt bubble that was getting close to popping and suddenly this virus appears? And the initial response is "shelter-in-place" (or essentially that though politicians may call it something else to calm people's fears) while the national guard rolls into cities? Plus people are forced into social isolation, which adds to their fear and keeps them apart so they can't rebel against future measures that will almost certainly be more draconian. The financial bubble would've caused mass social unrest but, "magically", people are now facing the fear of a virus that can't be seen and even people without symptoms can be carriers.

I predict that this will go on for much longer than we're being told it will. We are being acclimated to "it's not a big deal. Just stay at home and we'll work on resolving this". Next they will say things need to be more stringent and we'll need a good reason to be allowed to go outside. At that point, I'm guessing there will be internet outages and we'll really be isolated from each other. Then if you decide you've had enough, there will already be military on the streets and you really won't be able to do anything about it.

Weston White
03-22-2020, 07:03 AM
Oh something also interesting, even though this serious death virus has NO cure to date, it has a 30% recovery rate.

(So far: 92,378 recoveries out of 307,280.)

* 4.2% mortality rate.

** Mortality from Influenza is 34.5% greater than from Coronavirus.

Gumba of Liberty
03-22-2020, 10:44 AM
The whole thing seems very fishy to me because of the timing. There was a worldwide debt bubble that was getting close to popping and suddenly this virus appears? And the initial response is "shelter-in-place" (or essentially that though politicians may call it something else to calm people's fears) while the national guard rolls into cities? Plus people are forced into social isolation, which adds to their fear and keeps them apart so they can't rebel against future measures that will almost certainly be more draconian. The financial bubble would've caused mass social unrest but, "magically", people are now facing the fear of a virus that can't be seen and even people without symptoms can be carriers.

I predict that this will go on for much longer than we're being told it will. We are being acclimated to "it's not a big deal. Just stay at home and we'll work on resolving this". Next they will say things need to be more stringent and we'll need a good reason to be allowed to go outside. At that point, I'm guessing there will be internet outages and we'll really be isolated from each other. Then if you decide you've had enough, there will already be military on the streets and you really won't be able to do anything about it.

Cuomo just said it could last 9 months in NY. I think you might be right but I also think they will lose control. 90+% of the National Guard/Military are not Globalists. If you know people in the armed forces, make sure to talk to them now. No time to delay.

pcosmar
03-23-2020, 07:12 PM
I just observed 8 Attack Gunships headed North..

This is not normal Air Trafic... nor were they Medevac.

I wonder how much that costs at a time like this.

Weston White
03-25-2020, 11:34 PM
These numbers don't seem to be adding up, how is it that China has nearly recovered, yet the numbers for all other nations have skyrocketed over this last week? Is chloroquine/zinc the reason?

At this time:

For China (since 1/21, where this all began several months ago now): total cases are: 81,726, deaths are: 3,291, and total recoveries are: 74,173.

For Italy (since 2/21): total cases are: 74,386, deaths are 7,503, and total recoveries are: 9,362.

For USA (since 3/4): total cases are: 69,171, deaths are: 1,050, and total recoveries are: 616.

And yet globally: total cases (since 1/21): 471,783, total deaths are: 21,306, and total recoveries are: 114,858.

Updated US stats for the Coronavirus over the last (approx.) 63-days within the United States (January 21 – March 24, 2020):

Deaths: 1,042 (521 per month)
Reported cases: 69,018 (34,509 per month)
Recoveries: 616 (308 a month)