PDA

View Full Version : More important than the Tea Party!?

ronpaul4pres
12-15-2007, 09:31 AM
What's more important than tracking money pledges? Tracking voter pledges! Why aren't there as many pledges here as for the Tea Party? Let's fix that:

www.pledgeforpaul.com (http://www.pledgeforpaul.com/)

The data collected from that site is pumped into ronpaulgraphs. This is an awesome tool that shows that we still have a lot of work in the other early primary states besides New Hampshire:

ronpaulgraphs.com/pledgeforpaul.html (http://ronpaulgraphs.com/pledgeforpaul.html)

jake
12-15-2007, 09:36 AM
99.9% of Donors will also vote, I reckon ;)

ronpaul4pres
12-15-2007, 10:01 AM

That's what I reckon! It sure would be nice to have that info to use in the tool.

LibertyEagle
12-15-2007, 10:29 AM

We'd darn sure better have more than 40,000 voters.

ronpaul4pres
12-15-2007, 11:01 AM
We'd darn sure better have more than 40,000 voters.

... and we don't even have 6,000 signed up on this site.

Revolutn
12-15-2007, 11:04 AM
Look,...

After the FeedBurner e-mail list 'spam' incident from the 5th, you can bet that many people who are intending to do x,y, or z thing simply aren't willing to give their e-mail address out to every Tom Dick and Harry who opens a pledge site.

That's my .02

Slist
12-15-2007, 11:09 AM
Well, I don't think that tracking pledges is really that useful. On the contrary: while I would personally be interested in knowing how many people pledged to vote, I would NOT do it. For one I don't want the other candidates know how big this grassroots movement really is, then I don't want to be drawn into a false sense of accomplishment of the sorts "oh look how many people pledged to vote for ron paul, I can start to do a little less for the campaign since there are already so many others".. and finally pledging is not a real obligation to go to vote... it appears kinda useless for me.

Personally I think the teaparty is WAY more important

ronpaul4pres
12-15-2007, 11:21 AM
Well, I don't think that tracking pledges is really that useful. ... and finally pledging is not a real obligation to go to vote... it appears kinda useless for me...

By that logic, you're saying we shouldn't have a Tea Party website that tracks pledges. ...because tracking pledges is no real obligation to donate. Give me a break. :)

I agree with Revolutn that privacy is a concern, but

1) I signed up several weeks ago and never recieved any email.
2) There are over 30,000 people who, apparently, don't mind signing up at the Tea Party website. I would think there would be even more people who can't pledge $100 but can afford to vote.

The information gathered is extremely useful. For instance, the graph shows in my home state of Florida (an EARLY primary state) that we have a TON of more work to do:

ronpaulgraphs.com/pledgeforpaul.html (http://ronpaulgraphs.com/pledgeforpaul.html)

Revolutn
12-15-2007, 11:27 AM
The great thing about personal freedom and liberty is having choice.

I've given to let's see.... 2 official money bombs and a bunch of just because donations thus far and never singed a single pledge, including tomorrows.

I'm all for your enthusiasm and say go for it rah rah rally the troops!

But as a course of my own personal basic philosophy.

I do not pledge.

I do.

ronpaul4pres
12-15-2007, 11:40 AM
The great thing about personal freedom and liberty is having choice.

I've given to let's see.... 2 official money bombs and a bunch of just because donations thus far and never singed a single pledge, including tomorrows.

I'm all for your enthusiasm and say go for it rah rah rally the troops!

But as a course of my own personal basic philosophy.

I do not pledge.

I do.

My point is not to rally the troops nor to try to force anyone into doing something (that's antithetical to being a Ron Paul supporter, anyway). I'm trying to promote a service that provides all of us with very useful data in real time.

ronpaul4pres
12-15-2007, 04:06 PM
South Carolina, Michigan, and Florida need your help!