PDA

View Full Version : Two US troops killed in northern Iraq

Warlord
03-09-2020, 11:19 AM
Two U.S. troops were killed Sunday during an operation against ISIS in northern Iraq, the U.S. military announced Monday.

The troops were killed by “enemy forces” during a joint operation with Iraqi security forces to “eliminate an ISIS terrorist stronghold” in a mountainous area of north central Iraq, Operation Inherent Resolve said in a statement.

No additional information about the incident was provided.

The names of the service members who were killed were not released, following Pentagon policy to wait to announce them until after next of kin is notified.

Sunday’s deaths were the first U.S. combat deaths in Iraq this year, with the last U.S. combat death there happening in August.

The United States has about 5,200 troops in Iraq fighting ISIS. U.S. and Iraqi officials declared victory over ISIS in that country in 2017, but the terrorist group continues to pose a threat as it seeks to mount a comeback.

A government watchdog warned last month that a U.S. withdrawal from Iraq would “likely” mean an ISIS resurgence there.

https://thehill.com/policy/defense/486577-two-us-troops-killed-in-anti-isis-mission-in-northern-iraq

Sigh... How many have to die in that sh1thole? Still there 17 years later!

Anti Globalist
03-09-2020, 12:26 PM
Soldier will continue to die there while the American people sit by idly and do nothing.

sparebulb
03-09-2020, 12:35 PM
Freedumb isn't free.

And very profitable for some.

RonZeplin
03-09-2020, 02:35 PM
President Trump lied about getting the troops out of Iraq, and Americans died. :flashinglight:

enhanced_deficit
03-09-2020, 07:31 PM
Just past week Trump annouced that ISIS was 100% eradicated, is this some rebirth in Iraq.

enhanced_deficit
03-11-2020, 10:01 PM
More violence today, Foxnews reporting that 2 more Amerivcns and 1 Brit killed after 18 rockets hit US military base today.

vita3
03-11-2020, 10:13 PM
Bernie’s followers & Rands/Ron’s along with Gabby’s should come together to get American troops out of ME quagmires

We are in such a losing position

Warlord
03-11-2020, 10:18 PM
Trump is done. Put a fork in it. Biden will be the president soon.

Swordsmyth
03-11-2020, 10:23 PM

LOL

enhanced_deficit
03-12-2020, 09:03 AM

That wuld be sad. Among other things it would also sink mega investments of Likud/Netanyahu funder/respected pro-Iran war neoconervative Adelson in MAGA.

jmdrake
03-12-2020, 09:59 AM
https://thehill.com/policy/defense/486577-two-us-troops-killed-in-anti-isis-mission-in-northern-iraq

Sigh... How many have to die in that sh1thole? Still there 17 years later!

Well....that's what you get when you kill the main Iranian general who was fighting ISIS.

Biden's worst enemy is Biden. He loses votes every time he talks to voters.

Warlord
03-12-2020, 10:06 AM
Well....that's what you get when you kill the main Iranian general who was fighting ISIS.

Biden's worst enemy is Biden. He loses votes every time he talks to voters.

Biden will either die in office or be declared unfit due to dementia at some point.

jmdrake
03-12-2020, 10:20 AM
Biden will either die in office or be declared unfit due to dementia at some point.

You have to be elected before you can die or be rejected. Biden's antics make Trump look rational. He is easily the worst candidate the democrats have nominated in my lifetime and I am over 50. (Well...I say nominated. Technically he hasn't clinched the nomination yet, but the fix is in.)

Warlord
03-12-2020, 10:24 AM
You have to be elected before you can die or be rejected. Biden's antics make Trump look rational. He is easily the worst candidate the democrats have nominated in my lifetime and I am over 50. (Well...I say nominated. Technically he hasn't clinched the nomination yet, but the fix is in.)

With Biden comes the likes of Comey, Clapper, McCabe and all that crew. Obama "humanitarian" foreign policy i.e interventionism, war and regime change Libya style. This will not concern most voters. The spineless media have never even brought up foreign policy in the debates or the campaign.

RonZeplin
03-12-2020, 12:31 PM
LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhiXuI9LrTY

Biden is going to win.