PDA

View Full Version : Do Not Donate Prior To Midnight!

krott5333
12-15-2007, 08:01 AM
I remember on the 5th, I was watching the graphs, and there was a huge spike at about 11:55 pm the day before.

Have some will power! Thats probably a few thousand to be added to the day!

Wait til 12:02 or so, dont be jumping the gun!

ATOMIC CLOCK: http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/time-zone/usa/eastern-time/

tsetsefly
12-15-2007, 08:03 AM
people have their clocks wrong too, the campaign has clock ticker int he donation widget, look at that, I would also suggest not donating before 12 your time, that way we can get a better representation of support throughout the country.

szczebrzeszyn
12-15-2007, 08:11 AM
WAIT TILL 12 A.M. ET, NOT YOUR TIMEZONE!

Midnight77
12-15-2007, 08:16 AM
Wait until 12:05 AM EST.

Play this safe. We want every cent to count.

defcreative
12-15-2007, 08:25 AM
Wait until 12:05 AM EST.

Play this safe. We want every cent to count.

X2

Mithridates
12-15-2007, 08:30 AM
Can we modify the original post to add this link?

http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/time-zone/usa/eastern-time/

Then we should keep bumping this thread. Maybe make it all in caps or something as well.

JenHarris
12-15-2007, 08:31 AM
I say the best way to play it safe is to start donations just after 12:00 in your time zone and end donations no later than 12:00 ET. Doing it that way insures that every last cent is counted no matter what method they use for tracking daily contributions.

Mithridates
12-15-2007, 08:36 AM
I say the best way to play it safe is to start donations just after 12:00 in your time zone and end donations no later than 12:00 ET. Doing it that way insures that every last cent is counted no matter what method they use for tracking daily contributions.

No, it's ET, not one's own time zone.

JenHarris
12-15-2007, 08:39 AM
No, it's ET, not one's own time zone.

That's fine, my method insures that everyone is within the time frame of the ET window and allows them to also make sure that if the FEC reports by time zone that their donation counts that way too.

We can sit here and say it's ET till we're blue in the face but i guarantee you there will be 5 threads tomorrow with people worried their contribution doesn't count because someone will say that it's based on your own time zone.

frasu
12-15-2007, 08:44 AM
this is freaking crazzzyyy! I am bouncing off walls... the tension is killer... man, I wish this will be huge like I wished for Santa when I was a kid... Better go and hand out some slim jims, otherwise I will start donating...

freeeeeddddoooommm!

(yeah, no premature donations, we need all the bang for our bucks)

curiousobserver
12-15-2007, 09:24 AM
Please wait until 12:10AM EST and go by the clock on the website and not on your wrist watch ot your local computer please.

Wait until 12:10AM EST on the website clock!!

Jimmy
12-15-2007, 09:25 AM
Please wait until 12:10AM EST and go by the clock on the website and not on your wrist watch ot your local computer please.

I don't understand ;)

RonPaulCult
12-15-2007, 09:27 AM
Oops I just donated right now - I couldn't wait :)

crasster
12-15-2007, 09:29 AM
Gee, I'm just waiting till I wake up the next morning. The tea party lasts for a whole 24 hours!

curiousobserver
12-15-2007, 09:32 AM
Gee, I'm just waiting till I wake up the next morning. The tea party lasts for a whole 24 hours!

ha ha,...true, but the earlier we pick up pace the more enthusiam we can generate. Believe me I donated my share early in the game the last time around and when I saw the counter going up beyond my belief, I donated again for that special big push!.

szczebrzeszyn
12-15-2007, 09:40 AM
That's fine, my method insures that everyone is within the time frame of the ET window and allows them to also make sure that if the FEC reports by time zone that their donation counts that way too.
And how would FEC know your timezone when you donate the money? You only give your address that matches the credit card, but it doesn't mean you were there when you donated :) Don't forget about overseas contributors and their totally different timezone. By you logic, teaparty would be 40h or so fundraiser, not 24h.
I'm 99% sure that they will use EST, becaue that's where campaign is operating and that's the time they are using themsleves. At least that is the timezone that will be used by the campaign on Monday conference and by ALL THE MEDIA.

LibertyEagle
12-15-2007, 10:30 AM

We can sit here and say it's ET till we're blue in the face but i guarantee you there will be 5 threads tomorrow with people worried their contribution doesn't count because someone will say that it's based on your own time zone.

Not if they live overseas.

shepburn
12-15-2007, 11:35 AM
this is freaking crazzzyyy! I am bouncing off walls... the tension is killer... man, I wish this will be huge like I wished for Santa when I was a kid... Better go and hand out some slim jims, otherwise I will start donating...

freeeeeddddoooommm!

(yeah, no premature donations, we need all the bang for our bucks)

Yes! This is like waiting for Santa!

Twas the night before Teaparty and throughout the country not Paulite was sleepin, not even a little bit ... as we greedly waited for that fat bastard to deliver us a huge money Tsunami !

Menthol Patch
12-15-2007, 12:26 PM

I agree!

JMO
12-15-2007, 12:29 PM
And how would FEC know your timezone when you donate the money? You only give your address that matches the credit card, but it doesn't mean you were there when you donated :) Don't forget about overseas contributors and their totally different timezone. By you logic, teaparty would be 40h or so fundraiser, not 24h.
I'm 99% sure that they will use EST, becaue that's where campaign is operating and that's the time they are using themsleves. At least that is the timezone that will be used by the campaign on Monday conference and by ALL THE MEDIA.

It was also the time span they used for Novemeber 5th. No matter where you live donate according to EST.

njandrewg
12-15-2007, 12:38 PM
why not just donate at 1pm? That way you know that you'll be counted

szczebrzeszyn
12-15-2007, 12:41 PM
It was also the time span they used for Novemeber 5th. No matter where you live donate according to EST.
LOL. Seems to me that some people have already started the party anyway.

FreedomProsperityPeace
12-15-2007, 03:30 PM
bump

jblosser
12-15-2007, 03:37 PM
This all reminds me of the episode of News Radio where the staff is trying to talk Mr. James out of selling the station before a midnight deadline:

Mr. James: It's almost 12:00. Is anybody gonna try to talk me out of this?
Matthew: Nope. Cause we don't have to.
Mr. James: Why is that Matthew?
Matthew: Well, because I took the liberty of turning the clock back ten minutes, it is actually 12:05, which means you missed your midnight dealine... yes!
Mr. James: Matthew, that 12:00 was just a loose guideline. I dealing with a corporation here, not magical fairies.

davidkachel
12-15-2007, 03:47 PM
You do have to wonder why people are jumping the gun.
My local meetup sent out an announcement that unless read carefully, seemed very much to be saying "donate today". However, I don't see any donations popping up from here.

Are these folks confused? It would be kinda cool if we started the 16th already having reached the $12 million goal, but the bigger the number for the 16th, the bigger the bang. Personally I want to see a bang big enough to make every last neocon have to change his underwear!

slantedview
12-15-2007, 03:48 PM
thank you for creating this thread. this is very important.

kushaze
12-15-2007, 03:50 PM
I donated in the middle of the day on Novemeber 5th just to make sure it would be counted that day.

davidkachel
12-15-2007, 03:52 PM
Just $75 bucks away from passing the 11.5 million mark.

the_oco
12-15-2007, 03:52 PM
I haven't seen anyone consider the possibility that the Blimp has caused these early donations, lets not forget why we have that thing!

davidkachel
12-15-2007, 03:53 PM
It's possible the campaign is trying to enter all the snail-mail and other direct donations into the system today so there is no confusion tomorrow about what came from where.(?)

Richandler
12-15-2007, 04:06 PM
Most peoples clocks are really wrong by whole lot. Best chance is to donate 12:10.

jrich4rpaul
12-15-2007, 04:13 PM
A lot of people's computer clocks are wrong. Right now it's 5:13, my friends computer says 11:30 am

Sandra
12-15-2007, 04:21 PM
A lot of religious people don't do political donations on Sundays. Baptists are infamous for that.

Wayne Hammond
12-15-2007, 04:31 PM
A lot of religious people don't do political donations on Sundays. Baptists are infamous for that.

I don't think that's true. I'd venture that less than 1% of Baptists would ever think it's wrong to donate to a political candidate on Sunday - most Baptists realize that the Old Testament "sabbath" (Saturday day of rest) rules were replaced by Jesus Christ - He is our Sabbath (rest) now - and even so, it's never been wrong to do good on the Sabbath or on Sunday.

We're gonna get a whole lot of Baptist (and other Christian) donations tomorrow.

"Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin" James 4.17 KJV

Alabama Supporter
12-15-2007, 04:51 PM
This is important for the record books people. Listen. Do it.