PDA

View Full Version : US and Taliban sign peace deal aimed at ending 18-year Afghanistan war: All American troops wi

donnay
02-29-2020, 09:24 AM
US and Taliban sign peace deal aimed at ending 18-year Afghanistan war: All American troops will be sent home within 14 months and up to 5,000 prisoners released

The United States and the Taliban have signed a peace agreement aimed at ending the 18-year war in Afghanistan, potentially helping President Donald Trump fulfill a key campaign promise to extract America from its 'endless wars.'

The deal was signed on Saturday in the Qatari capital Doha by U.S. special envoy Zalmay Khalilzad and Taliban political chief Mullah Abdul Ghani Baradar. U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo was on hand to witness the ceremony.

Under the agreement, the U.S. will begin withdrawing thousands of troops in exchange for Taliban commitments to prevent Afghanistan from being a launchpad for terrorist attacks.

If the Taliban meet their commitments, all U.S. troops would leave in 14 months.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8059447/Mike-Pompeo-arrives-Qatar-witness-signing-historic-deal-Taliban.html

Sammy
02-29-2020, 09:25 AM
Great News!:up:

oyarde
02-29-2020, 09:28 AM
As fortold by the great Oyarde.

enhanced_deficit
02-29-2020, 11:49 AM
To give credit where due, this could be historic if validated/ led to bringing back home MAGA troops surge of 2017 and years before that.

Nobel Peace Prize awards commitee, are you reading this news?

Bold move too as this carries some political risk, some of his supporters like Dennis Prager had authored articles like "Immorality of leaving Iraq and Afgahnistan". Might even pose some 2020 political funding risk as his top donor is a widely respected pro Iran war globalist neoconservative. But all pro liberty folks should stand with POTUS on this.

Related
PSA: Taliban peace deal reduces troop levels to start of Trump presidency (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?544205-PSA-Taliban-peace-deal-reduces-troop-levels-to-start-of-Trump-presidency&)

September 10
Andrew McCarthy: Taliban terrorists have no place at Camp David

https://a57.foxnews.com/media2.foxnews.com/BrightCove/694940094001/2019/09/10/931/524/694940094001_6084907750001_6084902257001-vs.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

Peace deal dead between US and Taliban
https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/andrew-mccarthy-taliban-terrorists-camp-david

Ted Cruz: 'U.S. policy has changed, now we make deals with terrorists'
https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2014/jun/01/ted-cruz/ted-cruz-us-policy-has-changed-now-we-make-deals-t/

Origanalist
02-29-2020, 11:52 AM
Get out, bring em home.

juleswin
02-29-2020, 11:53 AM
Bookmarking this post, I have a feeling someone or something is going to mess up this very good deal

donnay
02-29-2020, 11:56 AM
Bookmarking this post, I have a feeling someone or something is going to mess up this very good deal

Are you admitting that the globalist/Deep State would try to sabotage this deal so it backfires?

juleswin
02-29-2020, 12:02 PM
Are you admitting that the globalist/Deep State would try to sabotage this deal so it backfires?

Oh no, I am trying to say that the man in the white house is not serious about peace. If he was, nothing the deep state will do will get in the way. In fact he will make it almost impossible for them by withdrawing the troops now.

donnay
02-29-2020, 12:28 PM
Oh no, I am trying to say that the man in the white house is not serious about peace. If he was, Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus In fact he will make it almost impossible for them by withdrawing the troops now.

Hahahahaha, sorry to laugh but that statement is laughable... "the man in the white house is not serious about peace. If he was, nothing the deep state will do will get in the way." I bet you think Jeffery Epstein really killed himself too.

Anti Globalist
02-29-2020, 12:37 PM
"compliance will be assessed by the United States."

Translation: "We can still continue the war if we decide they didn't do a good enough job."

eleganz
02-29-2020, 02:49 PM
"compliance will be assessed by the United States."

Translation: "We can still continue the war if we decide they didn't do a good enough job."

Who should assess compliance? The UN?

Oh no, I am trying to say that the man in the white house is not serious about peace. If he was, nothing the deep state will do will get in the way. In fact he will make it almost impossible for them by withdrawing the troops now.

Its sad because you don't allow yourself to think outside of your own derangement. Trump is a simple guy, he follows his campaign promises because that is his only way of proving everybody wrong. You said the deal was "very good", why would he want to ruin his own "very good" deal and let the media win?

But then again, you want Bernie Sanders in the white house.

vita3
02-29-2020, 02:58 PM
Wonder what India & Pakistan think about this agreement?

Pauls' Revere
02-29-2020, 03:11 PM

I'm cautious. Its great news but someone benefits from screwing up the peace process. Wonder who that could be?

juleswin
02-29-2020, 04:36 PM
Who should assess compliance? The UN?

Its sad because you don't allow yourself to think outside of your own derangement. Trump is a simple guy, he follows his campaign promises because that is his only way of proving everybody wrong. You said the deal was "very good", why would he want to ruin his own "very good" deal and let the media win?

But then again, you want Bernie Sanders in the white house.

Why would he wanna ruin his deal? well, someone would have asked why he had no Trumpers and Neocons in his admin when they are against his campaign promise of draining the swamp and pull back from the world. I really don't know why but watch and see, something is going to derail this very good deal and Trump will be "forced" to abandon it.

juleswin
02-29-2020, 04:39 PM
Hahahahaha, sorry to laugh but that statement is laughable... "the man in the white house is not serious about peace. If he was, nothing the deep state will do will get in the way." I bet you think Jeffery Epstein really killed himself too.

Sorry but I don't believe Epstein is dead talkless of him killing himself. The shorter the timeline is the harder it would be for someone to screw it up, he can just make it one month and pull all the troops out but instead its going to be months and months with loads of opportunities for something to go wrong.

I really hope I am wrong, I would want nothing more than the US finally ending the occupation in Afghanistan.

Swordsmyth
02-29-2020, 05:29 PM
Will warlord take me off ignore?

oyarde
02-29-2020, 06:13 PM
Will warlord take me off ignore?

I hope so .