PDA

View Full Version : Ginsburg, accepting lifetime achievement award

timosman
02-23-2020, 08:22 AM
https://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/in-the-know/483818-ginsburg-accepting-lifetime-achievement-award-urges-working

Ginsburg, accepting lifetime achievement award, urges working fathers to take an active role in kids' lives

02/20/20

https://thehill.com/sites/default/files/styles/thumb_small_article/public/dvfawards_02202020getty.jpg

Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg is urging working dads to play a more active role in their kids' lives, before the "fleeting" moments with their young children are gone.

"One of the saddest things about men's lives is they're out there working," Ginsburg said Wednesday, "and one day, their children are grown and they didn't have any real part in raising them."

"Caring for children is no easy job. There are undoubtedly burdens, but there are also great joys," Ginsburg said to American Civil Liberties Union's Women's Rights Project's Ria Tabacco Ma, after being asked her advice to men on juggling fatherhood and a career.

"If you live as long as I have, you see that that time that you are very much engaged with your children is fleeting. It's not the most part of your life."

The 86-year-old mother of two was one of four women honored at the Library of Congress at Diane von Furstenberg's DVF Awards. The 11th annual awards ceremony — held for the first time this year in Washington — was created by the famed fashion designer to "recognize and support women who are using their resources, commitment and visibility to transform the lives of other women."

Among those honored alongside Ginsburg at the DVF Awards: model and humanitarian Iman, Indian anti-sex trafficking activist Priti Patkar and Saskia Nino de Rivera, who founded an organization aimed at reforming the prison system in Mexico.

Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton presented the night's Lifetime Leadership award to Ginsburg.

"Advancing the rights of women and girls remains the great unfinished business of the 21st century," the 2016 Democratic presidential nominee said, adding that "no one has done more" than Ginsburg to further that mission.

Clinton, 72, recalled her own experience trying to get a credit card at a time when many banks required women to have a man cosign with them. Despite multiple applications, Clinton said she couldn't get one.

"I made more money than my husband," she said to laughs, "a common experience throughout our marriage."

Clinton's remarks came at the same time as the 2020 White House contenders were facing off in Las Vegas at the ninth Democratic presidential primary debate.

Von Furstenberg, 73, revealed to ITK that she was taping the debate to watch it back after the awards ceremony.

Asked who she's supporting in the presidential race, Von Furstenberg replied, "I'm rooting for honesty and I'm rooting for the Democrats to win."

CNN's Brooke Baldwin admitted she felt slightly uneasy about missing the debate to attend the glam event, exclaiming, "I feel like I'm cheating a little bit!"

"CBS Evening News" anchor Norah O'Donnell — who hours earlier was announced as the moderator, along with Gayle King, of next week’s Democratic debate — said prepping for the South Carolina event was "probably one of the most intensive projects I've ever been involved in."

Also eyed at the awards gala: model and "Project Runway" host Karlie Kloss, Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D-N.Y.), "To All the Boys I've Loved Before" actress Lana Condor, former Clinton aide Huma Abedin, and Steve and Jean Case.

Anti Globalist
02-23-2020, 08:30 AM
She can't accept a award of this caliber when shes dead.

eleganz
02-23-2020, 06:03 PM
Wow the wax figure technology has gotten really good!

Swordsmyth
02-23-2020, 07:17 PM
Wow the wax figure technology has gotten really good!
Artificially aged clones or plastic surgery for body doubles.

enhanced_deficit
02-23-2020, 07:28 PM
This may indicate that like Nancy, Hillary also loves this country.

RG has been good to GOPA wing, bit surprised she has not been honored by MAGA POTUS instead like Miriam Adelson was. But there is still time. Both Trump and RG are allies and also great friends of Israel (although she had donated using her own money whereas Trump had signed bill to send $30B of US taxpayers money). It's all good.

(https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=6&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwj7x5r4gunnAhVDU98KHR4KBoYQFjAFegQIBhAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.reuters.com%2Farticle%2Fus-usa-court-trump-records%2Fu-s-justice-ginsburg-puts-temporary-hold-on-trump-financial-records-dispute-idUSKBN1YA2BA&usg=AOvVaw0FFZ93iIUUTBxo3zEr8MgZ)U.S. Justice Ginsburg puts temporary hold on Trump financial records
reuters
Dec 6, 2019 - U.S. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg on Friday put a temporary hold on a court ruling that would require records held by Deutsche ...

sparebulb
02-23-2020, 07:48 PM
https://bbook.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/source2.gif