PDA

View Full Version : Siezed Libery Dollar Silver and Gold being auctioned quickly by the feds

Razmear
12-15-2007, 02:34 AM
http://www.freedomsphoenix.com/Editorial-Page.htm?InfoNo=027890&From=News

islather
12-15-2007, 02:40 AM
that sucks..

Zarxrax
12-15-2007, 12:08 PM
You know what... liberty dollar supporters should go and buy them at the auction, and then donate them back to the guy they stole them from!

SeanEdwards
12-15-2007, 12:13 PM
The asset forfeiture laws are totally bullcrap and un-american. They've been abused for decades in the war on drugs, and this is just another example.

markj
12-15-2007, 12:19 PM
Unreal.

Wake up America!

Mesogen
12-15-2007, 12:24 PM
Totally criminal.

Someone needs to raid the FBI.

murrayrothbard
12-15-2007, 12:27 PM
The real funny thing is that all the gold and silver that was seized DID NOT belong to Liberty Dollar. The metal was legally owned by the individual receipt holders. So really the feds stole the property of thousands of people, not just the Liberty Dollar folks.

hard@work
12-15-2007, 12:31 PM
parasites ...

Mesogen
12-15-2007, 12:31 PM
Crap, I'm reading that these people have not been convicted of anything at all.

This is a complete violation of the 5th amendment. Period. There are no two ways about it. How cases like this haven't been overturned 1000 times over is beyond me.

Fig
12-15-2007, 12:34 PM
You know what... liberty dollar supporters should go and buy them at the auction, and then donate them back to the guy they stole them from!

x2!

Also dugg :)

hillertexas
12-15-2007, 12:36 PM
didn't they confiscate it under the guise of "counterfeit" money?
How can they auction off "counterfeit" money???!??

Pauliana
12-15-2007, 12:39 PM
This is what happens with the Drug War every day, folks.

SeanEdwards
12-15-2007, 12:39 PM
Crap, I'm reading that these people have not been convicted of anything at all.

That is exactly how the asset forfeiture laws work. When the state seizes your property, there is no presumption of innocence. You have to prove that your property is innocent, the state doesn't have to prove guilt at all. Completely unamerican. It's been meekly accepted by the public because these draconian laws have typically been used against those "evil drug dealers", and nobody wants to defend those guys. It's quite shameful.

Welcome to America.

torchbearer
12-15-2007, 01:04 PM
Totally criminal.

Someone needs to raid the FBI.

Boston Tea Party style...

torchbearer
12-15-2007, 01:05 PM

+1

thisisgiparti
12-15-2007, 01:35 PM
I hope Ron Paul voters show up at the polls in droves. this whole system needs overturned, and nobody understands how radical that change would be.

lucius
12-15-2007, 01:40 PM
That is exactly how the asset forfeiture laws work. When the state seizes your property, there is no presumption of innocence. You have to prove that your property is innocent, the state doesn't have to prove guilt at all. Completely unamerican. It's been meekly accepted by the public because these draconian laws have typically been used against those "evil drug dealers", and nobody wants to defend those guys. It's quite shameful.

Welcome to America.

Well put!

“When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time, a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it.”
- Frederic Bastiat - (1801-1850) in Economic Sophisms

Dave Pedersen
12-15-2007, 01:46 PM

An excellent point. It would be like selling cocaine after they seize it.. and of course we know that would never be done..

:rolleyes:

this is so blatant.. there should be a class action lawsuit on behalf of all the property owners.

LibertiORDeth
12-15-2007, 01:52 PM
I didn't understand the article fully, what's going on?

LibertyDollarUSA-com
12-16-2007, 05:29 PM
I wonder how they are going to do this-- are tehy going to melt them down, or auction them off as is?

I am afraid that if they auction them off as-is then the market will then have legitimate Liberty Dollars and fraudulent ones-- the fraudulent ones being the ones who were stolen by the government and then sold.

Then people won't be able to buy Libertys and know that they aren't supporting the theft by buying stolen goods?

Anyway, I'm selling my libertys from my store-- clearing out inventory. You can get them from me now and be assured that I didn't get them from the FBI!

http://LibertyDollarUSA.com

Ben Screwed
12-16-2007, 08:06 PM
Is it me ? Or am i the only one that knows that the action by the IRS, in taking the
the personal property of a citizen of these United States of America, is a Violation of their Constitutional rights to a Due Process Hearing before their property can LEGALLY be taken.It's a Title 42, 1983 Violation of Due Process plain and simple. They need to be procuted for that. And if in fact they are selling their property, then thats Conversion under the same Title 42, Action. I know this because I just finished with the same type of action against a city in Southern California ! And after 3 1/2 yrs. pro. per. because all the Attorneys said i could not win against a City. and did . Plus The I.R.S. is a private corporation with the same rules that they must follow just like any other big corporation . they should be taken down LEGALLY for their wrong doings !

yoAdrian
12-16-2007, 08:12 PM
If I was a lawyer that would be one case i would handle and get paul supporters to back it. Then i would stick them all in jail.