PDA

View Full Version : What will the next rp2008.com campaign widget look like?

xerigen
12-15-2007, 02:11 AM
What do you all think the next widget on RonPaul2008.com will look like? We all know 12 million will be eclipsed real early on the 16th, so they're going to need a new one.

I think it would be smart to make a new one that goes up to 20 million to try to persuade everyone to hit that, and I think they should make a cup of tea fill up.

Ideas, anyone?

Shaun
12-15-2007, 02:15 AM
URGENT Change needed! RonPaul2008.com. Please call HQ.
Guys,
It's just hit me that something is different about the Ronpaul2008.com site than on Nov 5th. Based on my marketing radar going off the richter scale I know it's not trivial, else I wouldn't post.
On Nov 5th the "widget money counter" was the ONLY focus on that area of the site.
Updating on every refresh and auto every minute or so.
That's NOT the situation now and it needs to be as the "widget money counter" sets up a fascinating (for the viewer) "internet high.." as the total mounts.
As of 5 minutes ago, if you are on the RonPaul2008.com site, the "widget money counter" is shut down by other screens loading.
So, PROBLEM: "Widget money counter is now NOT a single point of focus on the home page"
SOLUTION: Change the set up of home page back to a duplicate or similar of NOV 5TH...in other words "make it all about the money, all the time, until say Tuesday or Wednesday of next week..

So, Please call HQ or whoever is in charge of the mainsite and get these suggestions over to them.
There is no time on this one. Please assist if you agree with my analysis. I wouldn't have posted to waste anyones time, I believe this is an important distinction...
Please advise.
Thanks.
Shaun.

Jobarra
12-15-2007, 02:26 AM
URGENT Change needed! RonPaul2008.com. Please call HQ.
Guys,
It's just hit me that something is different about the Ronpaul2008.com site than on Nov 5th. Based on my marketing radar going off the richter scale I know it's not trivial, else I wouldn't post.
On Nov 5th the "widget money counter" was the ONLY focus on that area of the site.
Updating on every refresh and auto every minute or so.
That's NOT the situation now and it needs to be as the "widget money counter" sets up a fascinating (for the viewer) "internet high.." as the total mounts.
As of 5 minutes ago, if you are on the RonPaul2008.com site, the "widget money counter" is shut down by other screens loading.
So, PROBLEM: "Widget money counter is now NOT a single point of focus on the home page"
SOLUTION: Change the set up of home page back to a duplicate or similar of NOV 5TH...in other words "make it all about the money, all the time, until say Tuesday or Wednesday of next week..

So, Please call HQ or whoever is in charge of the mainsite and get these suggestions over to them.
There is no time on this one. Please assist if you agree with my analysis. I wouldn't have posted to waste anyones time, I believe this is an important distinction...
Please advise.
Thanks.
Shaun.
Anything they may have done to the widget may have been done to alleviate stress on the server and bandwidth pipe. I would rather it be 5 minutes out of sync than have nothing.

Ethek
12-15-2007, 02:30 AM
Anything they may have done to the widget may have been done to alleviate stress on the server and bandwidth pipe. I would rather it be 5 minutes out of sync than have nothing.

Whatever happens, I hope they don't break it! most foul ups are operator error.

Jobarra
12-15-2007, 02:34 AM
Whatever happens, I hope they don't break it! most foul ups are operator error.
Considering they will be monitoring the thing all day anyway, I doubt any webpage related down issue will last more than an hour. Worst comes to worst, they could just manually update the page every half hour.

RonPaulFever
12-15-2007, 02:38 AM
Do Not Call The Campaign About The Widget

Ozwest
12-15-2007, 02:41 AM
What do you all think the next widget on RonPaul2008.com will look like? We all know 12 million will be eclipsed real early on the 16th, so they're going to need a new one.

I think it would be smart to make a new one that goes up to 20 million to try to persuade everyone to hit that, and I think they should make a cup of tea fill up.

Ideas, anyone?

How about a teapot with spout?

Isupportliberty
12-15-2007, 02:51 AM
I agree, I think the next goal will be 20 million... the graphic on the other hand... well that will be the nice surprise :)

SJohnsson
12-15-2007, 02:53 AM
Man, if we hit $20 mil for the quarter tomorrow, things are gonna start getting interesting

damon04
12-15-2007, 02:57 AM
I agree. It is totally in the realm of possibility we hit 22 million!! Just being optimistic..

RonPaulwillWin
12-15-2007, 03:45 AM
"Other than for the veterans." Even with his ocd views of the constitution, he sets it aside because he knows things can't be done overnight. Imagine a free market military? Honestly I'd trust google to manage my missile defense more than our government. Google would sponsor an "open source planetary defense base" contest and would crown winner way before our bureaucracy even got things in motion.