PDA

View Full Version : Can we afford to charge $50 more? If so, $10 Million is possible.

Midnight77
12-15-2007, 01:52 AM
We have 31,278 registered donors as of right now. If we follow the same formula as last time, that gives us 62,556 actual donors.

So, as of right now, it looks like it's going to be about $6.4 Million.

But, instead of donating $100 via your credit card, what if you are able to donate $150? This will raise our total substantially to a whopping $9.4 Million dollars.

If we do this, and give it this one final push ... we can actually make bringing in $10 Million possible. And this will actually put us close to the $21 Million mark for the Quarter.

Remember. This is it. This is our last chance before Iowa and New Hampshire to stand up to the greed and corruption in this country. Will you do this for Ron, and make the 16th a historical day for years to come?

xexkxex
12-15-2007, 01:56 AM
What are you talking about?

We are not charging anyone....people are donating.

Am I misunderstanding you?...what are you suggesting? What do you mean...if we are able to charge????

Midnight77
12-15-2007, 01:58 AM
What are you talking about?

We are not charging anyone....people are donating.

Am I misunderstanding you?...what are you suggesting?

For Pete's sake. I'm talking about charging your donation on your credit card.

If there is a Mod that can change the word "charge" in the title to "donate" so this confusion like above doesn't happen, that would be great.

Thanks.

rice_classic
12-15-2007, 02:00 AM
No no no.. He's saying when you make a donation the physical act of taking money from your credit/debit account is referred to as "charging", like the term "charge card".

He saying that when we're donating that we (the donaters) should be charge our own cards $50 more.

xexkxex
12-15-2007, 02:00 AM
OHHHHH....well then of course. I guess I did misunderstand you. I do apologize to Pete and his sake :)

It read as if you wanted to charge people $50 more than what they donated....

Donate what you can afford...it's that easy.

I'm maxing out my $2,300 with a final $1,000 on the 16th.

Go Ron Paul! :D

Edit: The new edited text in the body of your post makes more sense now....no worries....

Richandler
12-15-2007, 03:06 AM
If no max donators could donate $50 more it would have a tremendous impact.

jrich4rpaul
12-15-2007, 03:34 AM
This is a good idea. Although, the idea should be for everyone to reach down and give what they can. This is our last chance to give Ron a push into the primaries. After this, there's never going to be another good opportunity for a mass donation day. It'll be too late.

xao
12-15-2007, 05:09 AM
I'm already giving a grand.

Time for Change
12-15-2007, 06:53 AM
Keep in mind, there are many people, just like myself, that did not want to provide their email address to the system.
They are afraid of future spam floods. Cant blame them really.
I made a new email addy, and will dump it right after Ron Paul is elected, so I am no longer concerned about the spam.
Others don't have the luxury of being a geek, so they are protecting their email like a child!:D

We cannot predict all the non-registering participants, but I am sure there will be a surprising turnout of non-registered donations.
I know 15 people that will donate that have not registered, and I am sure that there a re a BUNCH more, just like them!

DONT Panic, we will meet our goal. Even if we don't, we are on track for yet another record breaking event, with national recognition and will drag the media along kicking and screaming!

kevin m
12-15-2007, 07:54 AM
We gonna kick it out!
I been savin up too, much more than Nov 5th.
Go Ron Paul

Kingfisher
12-15-2007, 07:59 AM
Not $50 more........ All you can.

curiousobserver
12-15-2007, 09:12 AM
The same registered donors to actual donors ratio may not hold.

With increased awareness of the tea party, people might have felt more obligated to actually sign the pledge this time around as compared to last time.

what that means is that we may not have as many donors as computed using the ratio.

Hancock1776
12-15-2007, 10:14 AM
Even if the number of donors is the same, I think a lot of us are going to give a lot more than the $100.

I know it's exciting to make predictions in anticipation, but the best thing to do is focus on donating as much as you can.

superschupp
12-15-2007, 11:09 AM
I'm maxing out with $1500

Bowie
12-15-2007, 11:45 AM

I'm maxing out with $1500

:eek:

Heroic. I don't expect everyone to donate this much, but this kind of raising of the bar is inspirational and everyone should do it to some degree... especially if they have that niggling feeling that more can be done!

Goldwater Conservative
12-15-2007, 12:24 PM
The same registered donors to actual donors ratio may not hold.

With increased awareness of the tea party, people might have felt more obligated to actually sign the pledge this time around as compared to last time.

what that means is that we may not have as many donors as computed using the ratio.

True, but at least the multiplier only needs to be 1.24 (probably less when Trevor updates the pledge count) to match 11/5. I also think many of the new donors we'll inevitably get might not have checked out the website given all the media mentions and YouTube videos.

Andrew-Austin
12-15-2007, 12:56 PM

Your my hero.